• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Hax Revision

After a few days of celebrating New Years and everything, this suddenly just occured to me and I knew I had to make a post about it when I had the chance.

Shouldnt all Pokemon (More Specifically Legendaries) who are equal to each other in every way possible, such as Lugia/Ho-oh, Groudon/Kyogre, Darkrai/Cresselia, Latias/Latios, Reshiram/Zekrom, Xerneas/Yveltal, Dialga/Palkia, as well as pokemon species who have a long related history of rivalry and fighting amongst each other, like Zangoose/Seviper, have strong resistance to each others hax abilities? And im not talking about just type advantage wise but overall hax wise.

After all, these 2 opposing groups of Pokemon who are canonically rivals amongst another are supposed to be completely equal and in some cases, both of these groups fight each other in mid-battle, like Groudon/Kyogre and Dialga/Palkia, and not one is deemed the winner every time, That should strongly imply or even outright prove that the hax abilities of the rival Pokemon do not work against the other. Otherwise, if this wasnt the case, then for examples:

• Groudon would be easy fodder against Kyogre, who has a type advantage.
  • Ho-oh, a fire pokemon, wouldnt be capable of beating Lugia, who is deemed "Guardian of the Sea". Futhermore, Lugia with its psychic hax would have gotten the edge over Ho-Oh to increase its chances of beating it as well.
  • Landourus wouldnt be needed to stop the fighting between Thundurus and Tornadus as one has a type advantage (Thundurus) over the other (Tornadus) and should easily be able to win during their struggles.
  • Cresselia would literally have no possible way of countering Darkrai's powers due to one being Dark and the other Psychic.
Dialga and Palkia would likely be the greatest example of this as both are not able to overpower or have hax over each other in any way possible as well.

All of the legendaries and species mentioned here have fought each other numerous times in the ancient past, one never getting a victory over the other. So I figured that if they can never beat each other, after unleashing their very best, then their haxes shouldnt be a big deal to both sides either. Otherwise, these numerous encounters wouldnt be "numerous" now would they?

NOTE: This would ONLY apply to pokemon (species and legendary wise) who are consistently refered to as equals amongst each other. Pokemon who have fought each other multiple times but not to the degree of being widely known as rivals for the longest period of time should not be given the same treatment.

Are there any issues/complains about this proposal or does this look reasonable?

Oh yea I forgot them.....

Tho since Unova is a nightmare to me....I'd hardly remember them lol

Tho arent those 2 not rivals? Durant is consistently prey to the Heatmor.

I agree with this but when was it stated that legendary Pokémon were rivals (especially the Creation Trio).

Excluding the weather trio of course.

IIRC its stated somewhere just forgot where. However it makes sense. They are explicity equals, especially the creation trio. Dialga and Palkia are complete equals just as Time and Space are. If they werent equals then all of the battles the legendary pokemon have fought in the past wouldnt happen. One would beat the other and let it be right there.

Not really, they only fought because Arceus caused their worlds to connect. Otherwise they're inside their respective universe.

Well the fact is they've been fighting for years. In hindsight it is just a very bad sibling rivalry between those two. Beerus and Champa all over again.

Yeah battling between brother and sister can be very deadly lol.

Jokes aside IIRC wasnt it stated in the manga that these 2 fought?

Dude the main plot of the Darkrai movie was that they were fighting. And destroying everything.

I dont know how i feel about this since it can basically be applied to a myriad of verses.

Yes im aware of that but for Pokemon specifically its not like its an outlandish suggestion or anything out of the ordinary. These pokemon have canonically fought many times, usually using the upmost limit of their power against their rival pokemon. If they werent resistant to each others powers and what they rule/govern then one of them each time would already be defeated/killed just after the first encounter. And it would likely effect the very balance of the verse as a whole.

For example:

If Xerneas/Yveltal were to actually be capable of beating one another, then the laws they govern, Life/Death, would be unbalanced. No Pokemon would die and no pokemon would be reborn. In fact, no Life/Death would be given at all.

or

If Groudon/Kyogre were to actually be able to beat one another, then the land/seas in the pokemon world would be effected as well. The lands would never be able to expand or the seas would never be able to be spread across the world.

And the most notable one...

If Dialga/Palkia were to actually have the possibility of eliminating each other, then Time/Space as a whole....its entirety, its concept, everything about it, would literally destroy the entire multiverse. And destroy everything in existence (except Arceus ofc).

In addition to all of this, if one side was truly able to beat the other, then Pokemon like Rayquaza, Regigas, Landorus, and Zygarde wouldnt be required to break their fighting as one would have already been defeated, thus ending the fighting between each other.

Most Pokemon already have a built resistance to their rival. Zangoose has immunity making him immune to poison. Kyogre has an ability that nullifies fire and Groudon has an ability that nullifies water(in their primal forms of course). So I feel if they actually have a counter to one another it would be mentioned like the ones above.

Also unless im missing something the only ones that really fight one another in the games is Kyogre and Groudon.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Oh yeah my opinions. I am iffy on this for now. Also Dia v Pal is Anime Only I believe. Also Zekrom and Reshiram fight each other.
This was my point. Most legendary Pokémon only fight their counterparts in movies.

Right but to be fair those are abilities. It doesnt mean they can be replacements for natural resistance/immunities. For example, Mewtwo can have the Insomnia ability to prevent it from falling asleep. So something like Nightmare or Dark Void wouldnt work on him. Doesnt mean a dark type move wont be super effective. Plus most sleep-inducing moves are psychic type, which Mewtwo can resist due to being one himself yet they can still work on him just fine.

@Dragon no I seem to remember Rowan in the adventures manga saying something about Dialga and Palkia fighting each other in the past.

But I understand why this if iffy to some of you. Should this be maybe highlighted for more input?

Maybe but Im not sure if going by just abilities would be a good idea instead of natural resistance. What would happen if said ability got nullified by something else? Natural Resistance, IIRC, is something that cant be taken away by a target but i might be wrong. And it wouldnt be just the power they govern but also the other hax moves they have that are separate from that. Also, for Groudon and Kyogre specifically, arent they only able to nullify water and fire based attacks when in Primal Form?

In addtion to this, unlike these 2, Other Legendaries who would be applied here too dont have abilities that counter each others hax. Such as Lugia and Ho-Oh. Or Dialga and Palkia. Or Xerneas and Yveltal.

We count immunity as natural resistance.

Yes I was referring to their primal forms.

Like i said most of the legendaries dont fight with each other and when it happens its only occasionally plus im more inclined to believe that they just counter each others hax with their own, example, Xerneas' Life Manipulation is a hard counter to Yveltal's Death Manipulation and vice versa so a resistance to one another's hax is kinda redundant.

Back