• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

9476502-26.jpg

What do you get for it?
Are you asking what the prizes are?

PlacementMastersJunior & Senior
Champion$6,000 USD$1,000 USD
Finalist$4,000 USD$750 USD
Semifinalists$2,000 USD$500 USD
5th to 8th$1,000 USD
9th to 16th$750 USD

But, well... It is in Baltimore, Maryland, the United States... (Honestly, I didn't even know/remember there was a state called Maryland until now, & when I found out there was, I didn't believe it.)

However, the Tournament is the first in-person one of the regulation (There will be more online ones, & maybe even already have been.), & its scheduling is:

• Day 1: stream starts on 14 September at 13:15 UTC
  • Day 2 + Top Cut: stream starts on 15 September at 14:15 UTC

The start of it is about 1 day & 5 hours & 20 minutes away.

Even if you whip up a team in what is basically 1 day & then make Top 16 or better, you'll probably have spent considerable funds on travel costs.

But hey, if you wanna try, good luck! No offense meant.

Also, IDK if this is accurate, but the VGCVictory Road website says:

Sign-up instructions​

Sign-ups for the event are done through RK9 Labs platform, and you will first need to set up your RK9 profile and have a Play! Pokémon Player ID.
Sign-ups are $70 for Masters players and $40 for Senior and Junior players, and they open on 31 July at 7 pm EDT (23:00 UTC).
Sign-ups sold out!
If the player cap is not reached, sign-ups close 2 hours before the event starts.
For registered players, team lists must be submitted 1 hour before the event starts, by 14 September at 7:30 am EDT (11:30 UTC).
Spectator passes are $15 and can be acquired here.

So you may not even still be able to enter at this point. Sorry.

• Astral Projection: Sabrina heavily implies you can leave your own body just by honing your psychic ability
Unsourced?
Oh, I meant to get that source, thank you.
"Sabrina claims she can absorb peoples’ life force, though she was in character as Bellelba"

When was this?
Pokemon Masters, but VSBW didn't let me upload it with the source I pulled it from.

Pokemon is trying to sue Pal World over patents, which is... patently absurd, due to how vague many of their patents are. If this succeeds, it could set problematic precedents in the gaming industry.

I'm hoping that Pokemon gets some substantial opposition for this & they lose here.

Set a problematic precedent?

Unfortunately I think we're already there. A number of patents have already been enforced in the past to force lisences or go after companies that have violated them.

I don't think Nintendo will lose this at this point, and I'm not sure where we'd even start undoing the damage patents have already done to the gaming industry...

Set a problematic precedent?

Unfortunately I think we're already there. A number of patents have already been enforced in the past to force lisences or go after companies that have violated them.

I don't think Nintendo will lose this at this point, and I'm not sure where we'd even start undoing the damage patents have already done to the gaming industry...
Embittering. Hopefully something like a petition or something can help.

Back