• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

"Blessed by" is super vauge. I don't think we're giving direct scaling without more than that.

A power boost, sure. They'll upscale what they were, but jumpping right to Arceus scaling?
Every time that's happened it's usually meant at least Creation Trio scaling, but Lance and Cynthia already massively upscale from the Creation Trio.

Every time that's happened it's usually meant at least Creation Trio scaling, but Lance and Cynthia already massively upscale from the Creation Trio.
I don't doubt they're maintaining Creation Trio scaling, but 'Blessed By' is probably not giving direct scaling to Arceus...Without more? Just more 'upscale' from the Creation Trio stuff.

This mf really built this huge ass thing to do nothing but throw Poke Balls
GV8f7xpWEAAEwkW

Nothing really. Just came here to rejoice in nostalgia. Ash left, I am sad. Life is bad.
Why are people so obsessed with Ash? That's not what pokemon is all about, this is a pokemon show, it's called "Pokémon" and not "Ash ketchum" for a ******* reason, if someone only liked Pokémon cuz "I like Ash" then he never was a pokemon fan, just wake up to reality and move on, you guys are being pathetic losers

Why are people so obsessed with Ash? That's not what pokemon is all about, this is a pokemon show, it's called "Pokémon" and not "Ash ketchum" for a ******* reason, if someone only liked Pokémon cuz "I like Ash" then he never was a pokemon fan, just wake up to reality and move on, you guys are being pathetic losers
What's your problem? I just said that I am sad about Ash leaving. What's your actual problem? What? Can't take someone else's opinion? What are you gonna do about it? Go cry, boy. Cuz I am sure Papa didn't give you enough money to buy milk today.

Arceus' beta from?
Ah yeah. Many find it interesting, enigmatic & intrigueing.

But it's unused content, so it's not really impactful to the lore & doesn't add much other than a new image.

Also, I'm one of the people in the camps that DOESN'T like it. Even if it IS meant to be more than what it looks like, as opposed to just a placeholder, doesn't awe me.
Blobby, glowing red-eyes amorphous thing is meh.
The actual Arceus design is interesting, IMHO, & even has some deific inspiration, so I like it more. I also prefer actual Arceus's colour scheme.

Ah yeah. Many find it interesting, enigmatic & intrigueing.

But it's unused content, so it's not really impactful to the lore & doesn't add much other than a new image.

Also, I'm one of the people in the camps that DOESN'T like it. Even if it IS meant to be more than what it looks like, as opposed to just a placeholder, doesn't awe me.
Blobby, glowing red-eyes amorphous thing is meh.
The actual Arceus design is interesting, IMHO, & even has some deific inspiration, so I like it more. I also prefer actual Arceus's colour scheme.
Call me old and stupid, but I am from a time where I used to get "Saiyan 100 Goku" and "Ash caught Arceus" type of videos, so it's understandable that I find anything interesting.

So, what about Pokemons' designs lately? Or, we could talk about the legendaries and mythicals.

Call me old and stupid, but I am from a time where I used to get "Saiyan 100 Goku" and "Ash caught Arceus" type of videos, so it's understandable that I find anything interesting.

So, what about Pokemons' designs lately? Or, we could talk about the legendaries and mythicals.
There have been some neat ones. Many like Walking Wake, IIRC, at least among Paradox Pokemon.

For the new generaion of Pokemon, 1 of my favorites is Glimmora. Some of the Treasures of Ruin are nice, too.
I'm probably 1 of the few who cares for Pecharunt & The Loyal 3, constant contrarian that I am.

"Pokémon" and not "Ash ketchum" for a ******* reason, if someone only liked Pokémon cuz "I like Ash" then he never was a pokemon fan
this is just ignorant, majority of the western world were introduced to pokemon through the anime and not the video games, and the popularity for a long time was dominated by the anime and trading card games, your grandma is more likely to know about ash than she is about Red. so its no surprise that a ton of peoples connection to the franchise is through ash a cultural icon has been part of the franchise for 25+ years.

Shadow Pokémon seem so interesting for matches they use their shadow aura/energy in all of their attacks which is invisible and effectively doubles their power. Shadow half and shadow shy are insane halfing the health of everything on the field and chipping all non shadow Pokémon and giving a 50% power boost to shadow moves. They also can't be copied ditto and mew can't transform into them and sketch, mimic, and mirror move all fail. Then I find out shadow Pokémon can't use non shadow moves unless partially purified and it's only 2 moves. Shadow pokemon are realistic only going to do better than normal Pokémon when part of teams which I guess makes sense since they're from a game full of double battles but it's also a bit disappointing imo.

Last edited:
Shadow Pokémon seem so interesting for matches they use their shadow aura/energy in all of their attacks which is invisible and effectively doubles their power. Shadow half and shadow shy are insane halfing the health of everything on the field and chipping all non shadow Pokémon and giving a 50% power boost to shadow moves. They also can't be copied ditto and mew can't transform into them and sketch, mimic, and mirror move all fail. Then I find out shadow Pokémon can't use non shadow moves unless partially purified and it's only 2 moves. Shadow pokemon are realistic going to do better than normal Pokémon when part of teams which I guess makes sense since they're from a game full of double battles but it's also a bit disappointing imo.
What you know 'bout Shadow Pokemons?

Shadow Pokémon seem so interesting for matches they use their shadow aura/energy in all of their attacks which is invisible and
Even non-Shadow moves?
effectively doubles their power.
How do you mean?
Shadow half and shadow shy are insane halfing the health of everything on the field and chipping all non shadow Pokémon and giving a 50% power boost to shadow moves.
What's this from?
They also can't be copied ditto and mew can't transform into them and sketch, mimic, and mirror move all fail. Then I find out shadow Pokémon can't use non shadow moves unless partially purified and it's only 2 moves.
I assume this is from a different entry than Colosseum/XD?
Shadow pokemon are realistic going to do better than normal Pokémon when part of teams which I guess makes sense since they're from a game full of double battles but it's also a bit disappointing imo.
I'm a bit incredulous on this.
Also, didn't the villains think the same thing? "Shadow Pokemon are better than regular Pokemon!" & all that?

Even non-Shadow moves
No my bad I just meant shadow moves but they can't usually use non shadow moves
How do you mean?
Shadow Moves do super effective against non shadow pokemon which doubles their effectiveness. Techno the signature moves are 20 base power weaker than their counterparts but it let Zapdos use electricity on ground types and volt absorb Pokémon by infusing it with shadow energy.
What's this from?
both are from XD
I assume this is from a different entry than Colosseum/XD?
Colosseum technically lets a shadow Pokémon use 3 different non shadow moves but they only had one shadow move in that game. To be clear I am mostly talking about XD.
I'm a bit incredulous on this.
Also, didn't the villains think the same thing? "Shadow Pokemon are better than regular Pokemon!" & all that?
I forgot to put an only in that statement they are only better on teams because they otherwise lack options compared to normal Pokémon.

No my bad I just meant shadow moves but they can't usually use non shadow moves
Can't usually? You mean without a trainer's instruction like that of Wes?
Needing purification to remember non-Shadow moves?
Shadow Moves do super effective against non shadow pokemon which doubles their effectiveness. Techno the signature moves are 20 base power weaker than their counterparts but it let Zapdos use electricity on ground types and volt absorb Pokémon by infusing it with shadow energy.
Neat.
both are from XD

Colosseum technically lets a shadow Pokémon use 3 different non shadow moves but they only had one shadow move in that game. To be clear I am mostly talking about XD.
Did it differ in XD?
I forgot to put an only in that statement they are only better on teams because they otherwise lack options compared to normal Pokémon.
Frankly, I'd like to think stuff akin to Affection is better, at least in theory.

Considering that apparently Teleport allows to immediately travel between Kanto and Johto, unlike Fly, I wonder if that'd lead to a range upgrade (compared to what we currently have for fully evolved stuff), even if only specifically for users of that move on that regard.

Also, before I forget, regarding Pokémon Physiology, should it be listed over there the capability of all of them to turn to the Water-type when wet? Given it's stated that mundanely getting wet is no different from Soak. If so, then all the innate traits of the Water-type should probably also be listed.

this is just ignorant, majority of the western world were introduced to pokemon through the anime and not the video games, and the popularity for a long time was dominated by the anime and trading card games, your grandma is more likely to know about ash than she is about Red. so its no surprise that a ton of peoples connection to the franchise is through ash a cultural icon has been part of the franchise for 25+ years.
Not reading all of that, people should move on and stop meat riding Ash

What do you want Ash to do his strategy to achieve his goals clearly changes based on what he says do you want him to go around just catching pokemon, perform in pokemon contests, become a professor.

What do you want Ash to do his strategy to achieve his goals clearly changes based on what he says do you want him to go around just catching pokemon, perform in pokemon contests, become a professor.
I want him to finally grow up for once. I was 6 when I started watching pokemon, 10 when I first played FireRed, and I am 16 now, and that mf is 10.

I dunno, bro. His character has had an perfect sendoff. I don't think the TV is gonna bring him back.

I want him to finally grow up for once. I was 6 when I started watching pokemon, 10 when I first played FireRed, and I am 16 now, and that mf is 10.

I dunno, bro. His character has had an perfect sendoff. I don't think the TV is gonna bring him back.
Why would you want to ruin the perfect fantasy where people never need to grow up or face the pain of aging? Do you think I would ever be older than 11 if I could help it?

Back