• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Plutonian and Eleos revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wokistan

Bioluminescent African American Working At The CIA
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Human Resources
So basically I want to totally restructure one file and upgrade another high enough that it gets locked by default.

I'll see about getting to other characters eventually too. If anyone needs full scans for calcing I can link you sections of the comic on request.

Plutonia

AP/Dura
"Wrecked tectonic plates" either needs a calc or to go as justification. In reading the comic again, I have found some AP feats. Some might want calcing. Listing in order on imgur:

• Destroying countries (Generic 6-B)
  • Stopping tsunamis
  • Can ram through a mountain with his head
  • Sank Singapore into the ocean (next 3)
  • Vaporized a city large enough to hold 3.5m
  • Triggers a 9.8 quake with Charyb/Survivor. Their impact was felt 221 miles away instantly.
  • Confirmed that they did break through a tectonic plate
  • Someone who's not as strong as he is (Plutonian's apparently > the rest of the gulag) can split a planet, this is Low 5-B iirc
  • Is too much for the machine that can generate "half the pull of a black hole" and put the weight of a star system onto its prisoners
  • His prison's weight is compared to that of a moon even with tech designed specifically to mitigate it, keep in mind this wouldn't hold him without his own cloned skin and that he's mentally in his own world and not even aware he's in jail
  • Withstands being in his prison that was dropped into a star (stuff on the left isn't actually happening)
  • Carved his symbol into north America with heat vision
  • Stopped the moon from spinning
  • Withstood gravity strong enough to curve anything getting near it too much to be properly observed, this gravity is said to be a "Euclidean impossibility"
  • Took punches powered with enough energy to destroy star systems, and gradually destroy galaxies (Though this was one of the few things to actually harm him, and the only thing to do so besides his parents after he mastered his powers)
  • Will end up carrying something with the mass of "a baby black hole"
Speed
https://imgur.com/a/LZ8XKt0

• Registers a specific sound in < 1 millionth of a second
  • Reacts to and outruns a signal broadcast for only a picosecond (On the file, but link is broken)
Lifting Strength

• Sinking Singapore in the way he did could probably count for something.
  • Withstanding "half the pull of a black hole" is vague, but might count.
  • Could go Multi-Stellar off the "weight of a star system"
  • Fine with all the pressure of a star
  • Gravity strong enough to curve everything, including light and teleportation
  • Same "baby black hole" thing as AP
Abilities/resistances
https://imgur.com/a/W7IkWRh

• He can hear whispers from anywhere on the planet (Enhanced senses)
  • Forced his way into Gazer's head (Mind manip)
  • Can watch individual electrons move about in the brain (Enhanced senses)
  • Whole lotta matter/physics manip. Also statistics reduction, as he subconsciously lowers the durability of those he fights. This is because his only "real" power is reality warping inherited from his parents, and all else is just an offshoot.
  • Goes all the way to quantum manip, temporal abilities, and even this is just described as "going from kindergarden to grade school"
  • Looking into his mind drove a telepath to suicide. Mind you, this guy can handle reading the minds of those with body counts in the hundreds and thousands, depraved criminals of the worst sort. He forced a town into mass suicide himself.
  • Baby plutonian was unaffected by rat poison and car exhaust.
  • While being shown his own history, taken across the timesteam, he somehow took control from his far more powerful parents.
  • Plutonian very rapidly evolving with his true power, parents can't look very much into his mind anymore and he is on their level in this regard
  • Can look through one's mind to see through time
Ultimately, I think his AP should be like this:

• Varies from Low 5-B (Stronger than those who can split planets in half) to 4-B (Endured blows capable of destroying entire star systems)
with a note that the higher tierings come only with him gaining greater insight into his powers. Until hitting the tier 4 stage, he just has mostly standard superhero powers because that's all he thinks he has. When he figures out that he's essentially as strong as he thinks he is, this is where the outright reality warping comes into play.

Eleos
I think they should be "At least High 2-A. They're far beyond their offspring, who as mentioned above has the potential for complete universal control on the very low end of his powers, and also stated to have ventured through the lower and higher dimensions due to their job as record keepers of all of space and time. "At least" comes up because they refer to higher dimensions, meaning they're probably more detatched than literally only 1.

Currently, they're not like that because they got stopped by radiation, but there are issues with this:

• They outright state that they could have moved if they really wanted to, but the field was really unstable so if they did it'd kill all the humans. The Eleos themselves weren't actually impeded, and I don't see how being able to detect if something moved disqualifies one from being higher dimensional.
  • This radiation was said to specifically not play by the rules of any other form of radiation. Qubit's measures to stop it failed. It even killed The Plutonian after he had discovered what his real powers were, while he was able to oppose his parents on some fronts even before fully understanding.
  • There's also how Modeus was a huge part of this field's development. Modeus is very smart. He's also no stranger to powers that don't obey Euclidean geometry, as with just a few tweaks he was able to turn Bette's gravity power up to such a degree. He figured out Plutonian's true power a long time ago, was the one villain able to cause the Plutonian to feel real fear, and was considered smarter even than Qubit (who's in turn much better than Plutonian himself). Qubit invented teleportation that works between entirely separate universes, has complete control over his own tech no matter who uses it, figured out how to use someone's biological power to cause a week long loop in time to clone himself so he could reinvent his portal technology from scratch, figured out how to teleport to and back from the end of time, invent psionic shields capable of blocking out Plutonian and Modeus who apparently scale to Plutonian's parents, and in the end figured out how to teleport his essence across the multiverse and inspire superma. In short, I don't think someone at least as smart as this creating radiation that can react to a higher dimensional being doing nothing more than moving is too far fetched, especially when higher dimensions are hardly incomprehensible irl as we like to say (There's methods to calc higher D volume and such) and the Eleos are casually far superior to even the Plutonian and never really portrayed as being able to be affected by anything but this very specific radiation.

It's been quite some time, but considering I remember just how much Irredeemable needed to be revised on a read-through several years back, much of this seems fine, at a glance.

It might be safer to have 4-B as 4-C/High 4-C though, as I believe the star systems were dying due to their suns being destroyed as opposed to an explosion, but I don't remember the full context as vividly as I'd like.

Just checked. When Modeus says this, we see a panel with a star and a few planets, and then another where the star goes out and the planets are dark. This seems to be more of what Modeus meant by star systems dying. The star goes away and the system is left cold and empty.

Still, if this was happening every single moment of the fight against the Plutonian as a side effect, I see no reason why this shouldn't be at least in the High 4-C range, or an absolute minimum of "At least 4-C, likely higher".

Also, wasn't the guy who could split planets absolutely pasted by an increase in gravity the Plutonian tanked? I'd think that'd be enough for his base to get an "At least".

The tier 4 thing makes sense.

That is his low end for a reason. I just suggested making it a varies as opposed to keys, since that's more akin to how his power actually works.

I don't think his tier 4 can really scale to anyone excluding modeus possessed bette and his parents if them going back to High 2-A's declined. Max Damage, Orian, and Survivor'd go to Low 5-B.

The Vespa don't scale since they used durability negation and his own cloned skin.

I think that Azathoth seems to make sense.

Does that include High 2-A? Asking because I know it was downgraded a while ago.

I'd prefer if there were more scans, but that's more of a personal complaint. Otherwise, everything mentioned in the OP sounds good to me, tentatively.

They should all be in the imgur albums. It's formatted sorta weird, but the stuff I typed on the thread's meant to be read concurrently as you scroll through the images.

It seemed like a much better idea while I was doing it tbh

Something I just realized: The thing with him making the mind reader kill himself just by being mind read wasn't actually him, that was Modeus in Cutter's body standing next to him. He still resists from his parents but I forgot that was clarified later.

Did the "Irredeemable" verse treat higher dimensions in a qualitatively superior manner?

The only mention of it was that one part where his parents show up. They're far beyond even Plutonian, incapping him with a literal snap of the fingers and are described as record keepers across all of space and time.

Modeus also implies that Plutonian himself could eventually get up to universal even with the unconscious applications of his powers, so that helps.

Some things:

Screenshot (304)aadasdasdasdaasdasdasdasdasd
Those bodies aren't their true form, just how Plutonian's mind is able to accommodate to make them seem comprehensible
Screenshot (30asdsadasdasd5)
Quite clearly not standard universal matter

[[
Screenshot (adasdasdsadasdasd306)
The statement, where they talk about going all across time and going to lower and higher dimensions

Been a while since I read Ireedeemable, never finished the whole thing. But Matt and Azathoth seem okay with it so meh.

I think 4-C/High 4-C fit better than 4-B. Otherwise I agree with everything else.

It's been a bit since I read through Ireedeembale but I still recall quite a bit.

Looking through everything that's proposed, I agree with it all for the vast most part. As others have said, 4-C/High 4-C seems like a better fit due to the stars just going out.

That said, good job. This is a revision long coming.

I'm not exactly sure earth/planet splitting is low 5-B without extra context, can we double check that? Otherwise good thread.

I see, if these values are what's accepted for generic earth/planet splitting statements thats fine then.

The "with every punch an entire star system dies" is more likely talking about modeus draining the energy of stars, not the entire solar system. Every punch had the complete energy output of a star behind it, at least as much energy as it could have output for the rest of its life.

Eleos definitely need to be higher dimensional, I knew that thing about radiation containing them on their page was dumb from the moment I read Plutonian.

I'll make these changes tomorrow since they seem pretty accepted. To summarize:

• Eleos go to High 2-A and get the appropriate higher dimensional being stats.
The other pages still need a lot of work, some pages are missing, and I need to make a verse page, but other stuff will have to wait. I still gotta get back to that destiny thread, people sending stuff to my wall, and I have 2 more final exams.

I think the Eleos should be "at least High 2-A", as the scan saying that they travel to higher and lower dimension seems to be implying that there are more than just 4 or 5.

Changes were made and as such I will close. Expect a thread on some other characters at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back