• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Plantera Vs Baki Hanma [RESETTED]

KGiffoni

VS Battles
Retired
Base Baki is now used so both are 7-C.

Speed equalized.

They start from 10 meters of each other.
Fight happens in underground jungle.

Plantera: 1

Baki: 1

Inconclusive: 1

for both of them ap and durability is kinda vague so im just gonna assume they are both baseline, speed is equalized so that´s null and void, lifiting strength is kinda uncomparable, baki has a stamina advantage but plantera has a range advantage. so it comes down to hax, in that department neither of them have anything to insane, but i imagine planteras summoning, homing attacks, intangability and mind manipulation would be a bit of a problem for baki. for that reason im gonna vote plantera, for the moment anyways.

I don't recall exactly Plantera having intangibility, i'll search it a bit.

KGiffoni said:
I don't recall exactly Plantera having intangibility, i'll search it a bit.
Alright, now i remembered. It happens she doesn't have intangibility by all her body, most points are hittable, such as her "head".

Okay, in that case, what about her Mind manip? If that falls through, I'll vote Baki
She has resistance to mind manipulation, not mind manip itself.

so just baki finds a cave in the jungle goes down it and sees a plant bulb accidentally steps on it then a giant mother ******* plant monster appears

wouldnt plantera be stronger then baki

if we assume that baki is baseline town

the plantera would be like a couple times stronger then him if plantera is far superior to the mech bosses who are already town level

also would baki want to fight in an under ground cave?

I think it's ooc for Baki to run away from a good battle. Lemme search what both scale to so i can compare them.

Alright, iirc correctly Baki scales to 2.68 kilotons in base, being far stronger in demon back. Plantera is way stronger than 3 kilotons. If this turns out to be a stomp, guess i'll re-do It with Yujiro.

Baki in base >/= Nomi no Sukune II, who could hurt Oliva, who survived a punch to the face of base Yujiro, who with the same punch perfomed the 2.68 kilotons feat.

Plantera > mechanical bosses >>>>>>> king slime, who has the 3 kilotons feat

Oof. That's a stomp then? Would it be any less of a stomp if i got WoF himself or maybe The Destroyer?

Demon back is 3x multiplier, so Baki is 8.04 kilotons

So Plantera only got like a ~3x AP advantage, not really stomp worthy

Oh, then i'll leave it the way it is, since Baki has skills to make up for it.

Overlord775 said:
No, Mechanical bosses upscale from the Wall of Flesh, who's around 20 kilotons
wait if my math is correct

far higher then 20 kilotons is a lot more then 8 kilotons in demon back form

baki has technique sure but he has no moves that somehow close that high of a gap

plus ranged seed which do far more then anything baki can throw

it seems like plantera can just take any hit that baki can throw at her/it and dish out far more

baki cant do much of anything to really harm plantera how is this not a stomp

im going with plantera

Deerofdreams said:
Overlord775 said:
No, Mechanical bosses upscale from the Wall of Flesh, who's around 20 kilotons
wait if my math is correct
far higher then 20 kilotons is a lot more then 8 kilotons in demon back form

baki has technique sure but he has no moves that somehow close that high of a gap

plus ranged seed which do far more then anything baki can throw

it seems like plantera can just take any hit that baki can throw at her/it and dish out far more

baki cant do much of anything to really harm plantera how is this not a stomp

im going with plantera
Correction, Baki is above 8 kilotons. It depends on how far you think both of them transcend the feats they scale from.

As i said before:

Baki with Demon Back is, at least, 3 times stronger than Baki in base >/= Nomi no Sukune II, who could hurt Oliva, who survived a punch to the face of base Yujiro, who with the same punch perfomed the 2.68 kilotons feat.

While Plantera > Mechanical Bosses > WoF who is 20 kilotons.

Actually,

Plantera >> Each individual Mech >> WoF

Since there's 3 level of armors in-between WoF and the mechs, which is more than there are in-between Slime King and WoF

And Plantera is an harder challenge than the Mechanical Meyehem, which is defeating all 3 mechanical bosses at the same time

Overlord775 said:
Actually,
Plantera >> Each individual Mech >> WoF

Since there's 3 level of armors in-between WoF and the mechs, which is more than there are in-between Slime King and WoF

And Plantera is an harder challenge than the Mechanical Meyehem, which is defeating all 3 mechanical bosses at the same time
Is that debatable or is it stated somewhere?

ok so not a one shot but the advantage is still there

and you know second stage then baki will have to deal with so much that he cant really win

If it's not 100% a stomp, then i guess it's worth continuing. Let's see what people think.

I've seen vs battles with a 4x gap in strenght that still weren't stomps.

Friendly reminder that Baki's durability is above his AP, since it tanked attacks from Yujiro in Demon Back, and Yujiro's demon back has a greater multiplier than Baki's. Baki also wins in stamina and absolutely stomps in intelligence, and i'm not even gonna talk about his library of abilities and moves. Triceratops Fist might even be enough to scare Plantera, that as a mindless monster relies on her instincts and would probably fear the illusion of a triceratops, who is probably bigger than her. Her curse manipulation is useless since Baki is a bare-handed fighter. Baki also has fear manipulation but i'm not sure if it works on people of his level (or higher, in this case). Plantera has AP, range, and probably durability as well but that can be broke with Benda.

i doubt the triceratops illusion would work on plantera

triceratops arent stronger then plantera and just the sight of one would not fear her

im pretty sure her AP shoukd be better then baki dura

its the whole strength versus skill argument again

ill wait for more people to vote and comment

Deerofdreams said:
i doubt the triceratops illusion would work on plantera
triceratops arent stronger then plantera and just the sight of one would not fear her

im pretty sure her AP shoukd be better then baki dura

its the whole strength versus skill argument again

ill wait for more people to vote and comment
I mean, that's how natural instincts usually are in mindless animals such as Plantera.

I'm just saying the gap isn't as big as their AP gap.

Previous bosses like the WoF or the Destroyer are larger than Tricerotops, so she's won't be scared by that

Fear Manipulation won't work as Plantera resists mental effects

Also, Baki will have to deal with Plantera's poison and also the 14 tentacles she gains after entering phaze 2

Overlord775 said:
Previous bosses like the WoF or the Destroyer are larger than Trucerotops, so she's won't be scared by that
Fear Manipulation won't work as Plantera resists mental effects

Also, Baki will have to deal with Plantera's poison and also the 14 tentacles she gains after entering phaze 2
True. I'll wait for more people to opine.

baki if i recall has only dealt with incredibly weak mobs of people so having 14 tentacles and giant mouth as strong as yujiro

i vote plant woman

Back