• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pink-Haired Ex Criminals Redux - Vi vs Poison 2.0 (1-0-5)

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
A remake of a thread from a few years back, made fair again with the addition of Arcane Vi. No prior knowledge or prep, speed equalized.

Vi - 1 (Witch)

Poison - 0

Incon - 5 (Saman, Peppersalt, Jamesthetaker, Cimafranca, Core)

Last edited:

Profile links because mobile wont let me hyperlink

Got it, thanks. What is the starting moves of both of these characters?
.36 tons for Vi actually, my mistake

Not sure what Poison leads with but Vi leads with cqc, she doesnt have much by means of range but shes very good at hand to hand combat

Vi fight scenes for reference:

Last edited:
So right off the bat, Vi have a 3.6x ap advantage and likely far upscale consider the context of the feat, even if Poison upscale from the feat, it gonna need to be pretty impressive to be relative to Vi. Speed seem to be relatively equal so i won't comment on that part. Vi destroy in lifting strength, if she catch Poison whip and disable it then the battle would lean heavily into Vi favor. I ain't gonna comment on skill either. Vi forcefield would render Poison arsenal uesless consider how it no shell Sevika and can block out the molotov, but whether she can consciously bring it out or not is another matter.

So i think Vi take this low diff, she have the massive advantage in ap and lifting strength which allow her to absolutely dominate in cqc and possibly force Poison into cqc if Vi can catch the whip, the barrier would give Vi the room to breath if thing get bad and from Posion equipment, she seem more skilled at extended melee range then cqc so Vi might even have the edge in that. Even the martial art that Poison is good at get heavily countered due to Vi combat style and massive lifting strength advantage.

Vi forcefield would render Poison arsenal uesless consider how it no shell Sevika and can block out the molotov, but whether she can consciously bring it out or not is another matter.
At this point in the series Vi cant exactly spam it, shes only used it once before and that was when she was solely defending herself. Even in game it takes a few blows for her to be able to activate it, so I wouldnt count it as a huge game changer, just something to consider as a possibility in a fight.

I will comment later, currently I don't have stable access to internet connection nor much time to dedicate to the wiki, I'll probably return active in a week or a few days more.

First, is it correct to scale Vi's physical LS to her game self? The gauntlet might even be the same conceptually, but it doesn't mean they are identical (LoL Vi's could even be more advanced version of Arcane's hextech prototypes)

Not sure what Poison leads with but Vi leads with cqc, she doesnt have much by means of range but shes very good at hand to hand combat
There's no leading move for Poison, but her canon fighting style is a mix of wrestling and acrobatics. Also, given how she uses a whip and three types of projectiles (Aeolus Edge, Honey Trap and Poison Cocktail) it can be assumed she's comfortable at ranged combat.

if she catch Poison whip and disable it then the battle would lean heavily into Vi favor.
IF is the right word, because catching a whip is a damn difficult thing, especially if the opponent knows how to use it and iirc Vi doesn't have any experience in doing this.
I think she would also prefer to block or deflect the whip, instead of attempting to do something which can very well fail. Poison can also elctricify her whip, meaning she could zap Vi if she catches it or even blocks it.

That said, I think the battle would be exactly a ranged vs cqc.
Vi's got more than a 3x advantage and shouldn't fall short in skill, while also having a massive LS advantage, at least as long as her gauntlets work.
On the other side, Poison has a long whip and said projectiles, one of which can also cause stun (although a single one isn't enough).

Poison has good acrobatics to dodge, move around the battlefield and perform unexpected attacks, while I'd say Vi's got a stamina advantage and the shield, which, although it's a one-off thing, can pull a Sevika and block Poison enough to allow Vi to land a powerful blow. Both come from the underworld, and aren't stranger to underhand tactics, in that regard they're somewhat equal.

Poison wrestling throws would be somewhat nulled by the gauntlets, as well as techniques centered around yanking the opponent with the whip, unless she ensnars Vi's ankles or other spots not powered by the gauntlets. But if Poison tries to tie Vi's body, the latter has a good chance of taking the whip away as Poison might be surprised by her strength.
Tho, I must say that Poison has fought the likes of Abigail, who she knows being massively stronger than her in LS, so she might know ways to get around this disadvantage.

Vi's gauntlets can also be disabled by enough damage, and the moments one ceases to work, it weights her down until she lets it go, but she faired well against Sevika even with just one.

All in all, for now I'd say this battle can go either way and end in inconclusive.

First, is it correct to scale Vi's physical LS to her game self? The gauntlet might even be the same conceptually, but it doesn't mean they are identical (LoL Vi's could even be more advanced version of Arcane's hextech prototypes)
Arcane Vi is strictly stuff from the anime and visual novel, though she has plenty of her own lifting strength feats on the same level of LoL Vi. And yeah, LoL Vi canonically uses stronger and more advanced gauntlets as Arcane Vi is meant to be Vi in the past.

Also funnily enough, LoL Vi has actually shown the capacity to catch whip-like weapons and disable opponents that use them in her lore, but Arcane Vi hasnt yet

There's no leading move for Poison, but her canon fighting style is a mix of wrestling and acrobatics. Also, given how she uses a whip and three types of projectiles (Aeolus Edge, Honey Trap and Poison Cocktail) it can be assumed she's comfortable at ranged combat.

IF is the right word, because catching a whip is a damn difficult thing, especially if the opponent knows how to use it and iirc Vi doesn't have any experience in doing this.
I think she would also prefer to block or deflect the whip, instead of attempting to do something which can very well fail. Poison can also elctricify her whip, meaning she could zap Vi if she catches it or even blocks it.

That said, I think the battle would be exactly a ranged vs cqc.
Vi's got more than a 3x advantage and shouldn't fall short in skill, while also having a massive LS advantage, at least as long as her gauntlets work.
On the other side, Poison has a long whip and said projectiles, one of which can also cause stun (although a single one isn't enough).

Poison has good acrobatics to dodge, move around the battlefield and perform unexpected attacks, while I'd say Vi's got a stamina advantage and the shield, which, although it's a one-off thing, can pull a Sevika and block Poison enough to allow Vi to land a powerful blow. Both come from the underworld, and aren't stranger to underhand tactics, in that regard they're somewhat equal.

Poison wrestling throws would be somewhat nulled by the gauntlets, as well as techniques centered around yanking the opponent with the whip, unless she ensnars Vi's ankles or other spots not powered by the gauntlets. But if Poison tries to tie Vi's body, the latter has a good chance of taking the whip away as Poison might be surprised by her strength.
Tho, I must say that Poison has fought the likes of Abigail, who she knows being massively stronger than her in LS, so she might know ways to get around this disadvantage.

Vi's gauntlets can also be disabled by enough damage, and the moments one ceases to work, it weights her down until she lets it go, but she faired well against Sevika even with just one.

All in all, for now I'd say this battle can go either way and end in inconclusive.
Sound convincing, tho does Poison found out Abigail is massively stronger in LS mid battle or does she already know beforehand, cause if she can't figure out mid battle then she would likely lose her whip if she go for restrain, and all of Vi fight scene in Arcane doesn't really show visible clue that her LS is that big.

Also how much stuff does she have cause you make it sound like she have alot in spare.

Arcane Vi is strictly stuff from the anime and visual novel, though she has plenty of her own lifting strength feats on the same level of LoL Vi. And yeah, LoL Vi canonically uses stronger and more advanced gauntlets as Arcane Vi is meant to be Vi in the past.
So her base strength should scale to her anime LS feats (which I admittedly don't remember, I watched and loved that series).

Sound convincing, tho does Poison found out Abigail is massively stronger in LS mid battle or does she already know beforehand, cause if she can't figure out mid battle then she would likely lose her whip if she go for restrain, and all of Vi fight scene in Arcane doesn't really show visible clue that her LS is that big.
She knew Abigail's strength, I meant that if Poison manages to figure out how strong Vi is, she can try to figure out something, but yes, being caught by surprise is always a possibility.
Tho, I can see her picking her whip up if it gets thrown away, with acrobatics and other distraction tools such as molotovs.

Also how much stuff does she have cause you make it sound like she have alot in spare.
What do you mean? In terms of ranged options, she has her whip (which can be electrified), several molotovs, a ki projectile she can fire in the form of a blade and a heart-shaped ki thing that pops in front of her and builds stun into the opponent (meaning that two or three of them, maybe less if she adds attacks in a reasonable timespan, would stun Vi).
In terms of acrobatics, she has several techniques you can see on her NA&T, including back and frontflips, cartwheels, aerial attacks, rollouts, axe kicks, a corkscrew-jump-kick, a "tarzan swing" with her whip and in general she should be able to jump up to about 9-10 meters.

So her base strength should scale to her anime LS feats (which I admittedly don't remember, I watched and loved that series).
Aye, and Arcane Vi currently has two Class M lifting strength feats with the Atlas Gsuntlets as well as two Class 5 lifting strength feats on her own.
What do you mean? In terms of ranged options, she has her whip (which can be electrified), several molotovs, a ki projectile she can fire in the form of a blade and a heart-shaped ki thing that pops in front of her and builds stun into the opponent (meaning that two or three of them, maybe less if she adds attacks in a reasonable timespan, would stun Vi).
So mostly stuff that Vi has seen and dealt with before, the only thing she hasnt would probably be the heart energy thing but shes not dumb enough to just let herself be hit by those kinds of attacks at close range.

Aye, and Arcane Vi currently has two Class M lifting strength feats with the Atlas Gsuntlets as well as two Class 5 lifting strength feats on her own.
I mean for her own LS without the gauntlets. Doesn't the notion of therm weighting 3 tons come from the games and not the anime?

So mostly stuff that Vi has seen and dealt with before, the only thing she hasnt would probably be the heart energy thing but shes not dumb enough to just let herself be hit by those kinds of attacks at close range.
She could dodge Sevika's slashed, but she still had to watch out for them, so she doesn't really null Poison's advantage on that aspect.
I agree she's not dumb, but the heart thingies can still keep her on guard together with the Aeoules Edges, and they pop out kinda rapidly and suddenly, so they can be used for spacing and as surprise options.

Also, I want to add that despite Poison's mostly a brawler, she still could match expert fighters such as Rolento (as suggested by her SFIV rival battle), and was a thorn in the side of the likes of Guy, Cody and Haggar back in the days, although she could never defeat them (but she kept at least sparring with Cody).

Also, I honestly don't know if it would work, but there's a chance that Poison could sense Vi's hextech energy and kinda get an idea of its power.
I know hextech is different from ki, but I wonder if her ESP could somewhat detect it.

I mean for her own LS without the gauntlets. Doesn't the notion of therm weighting 3 tons come from the games and not the anime?
Oh no that comes from the written lore, almost nothing in LoL comes from the games, or at least the MOBA, there are other games that lore comes from but not in Vi's case
She could dodge Sevika's slashed, but she still had to watch out for them, so she doesn't really null Poison's advantage on that aspect.
Oh yeah it wouldnt completely invalidate it its just that its not something entirely new to her so it wouldnt completely catch her off guard to face someone else who can do the same thing
Also, I honestly don't know if it would work, but there's a chance that Poison could sense Vi's hextech energy and kinda get an idea of its power.
I know hextech is different from ki, but I wonder if her ESP could somewhat detect it.
Does actual magic exist in Street Fighter?

Oh no that comes from the written lore, almost nothing in LoL comes from the games, or at least the MOBA, there are other games that lore comes from but not in Vi's case
But is the written lore applicable only to the games or even to the series? And even then, since LoL Vi's gauntlets are a more advanced version, it's totally possible that they weight more than the prototype.
Vi herself was somewhat weighed down by the gauntlet when it got disabled (although she later lifted it, before disattaching it)

Does actual magic exist in Street Fighter?
No, that's why I was doubting of Poison's ability to sense it, since Ki is you classic life force + fighting spirit.

But is the written lore applicable only to the games or even to the series?
It is yeah, the only things that are even canon about the MOBA are the abilities and the voice lines, the fights in the MOBA are 100% non-canon and all feats throughout the entire series come from the lore itself [aside from the spinoff which are canon games, LoL is confusing lol].
And even then, since LoL Vi's gauntlets are a more advanced version, it's totally possible that they weight more than the prototype.

Vi herself was somewhat weighed down by the gauntlet when it got disabled (although she later lifted it, before disattaching it)
Eh, she was weighed down by them a bit but she was still able to stand while wearing them, that's still a feat considering that even with a conservative estimate [assuming they're lighter given they're prototypes] they would still likely be in the triple digit kilograms.
No, that's why I was doubting of Poison's ability to sense it, since Ki is you classic life force + fighting spirit.
Then yeah she wouldnt be able to sense her magic

My vote remains the same as of now, I think both have about even, although different, chances to win.

A remake of a thread from a few years back, made fair again with the addition of Arcane Vi. No prior knowledge or prep, speed equalized.

Vi - 0

Poison - 0

Incon - 0
Easy......Poision isnt a good fighter at all in canon at least better than Dan hibiki
Her Dirty trick will not gonna work due to Vi already get use to all of it.

Should put Balrog or Dudley vs Vi instead.

Voted Vi

Easy......Poision isnt a good fighter at all in canon at least better than Dan hibiki
Where are you getting this notion? As far as we know, Poison has been a decent obstacle to the three heroes, and can match the likes of Abigail, Hugo and Rolento, who are either expert of their own discipline (Hugo being a champion wrestler and Rolento an expert of military combat) or have done well against capable fighters (Abigail having matched Juri, Vega and possibly Alex).
As seen in SFV, Poison is also regarded as a decent sparring partner to Cody, which doesn't absolutely mean she's as good as him, but it's still a sign of her skill.

You can also simply look at her moveset, she's clearly capable of using a variety of techniques made together in an actual fighting style.

Where are you getting this notion? As far as we know, Poison has been a decent obstacle to the three heroes, and can match the likes of Abigail, Hugo and Rolento, who are either expert of their own discipline (Hugo being a champion wrestler and Rolento an expert of military combat) or have done well against capable fighters (Abigail having matched Juri, Vega and possibly Alex).
As seen in SFV, Poison is also regarded as a decent sparring partner to Cody, which doesn't absolutely mean she's as good as him, but it's still a sign of her skill.

You can also simply look at her moveset, she's clearly capable of using a variety of techniques made together in an actual fighting style.
Yeah if we compare to real life whip weapon sty to fiction level sty as upgrade version that would be painful to fight with.
Posion win 100% No incon right (She made Vi submit on the ground with her whip)

Posion should fight like this.....In her sty and faster than this guy too. (she still not a shaolin)

Peekaboo like Mike Tyson that Vi base of (Vi Moba character was base from Mike tyson)

Last edited:
This is slightly more difficult given Vi's Atlas Gauntlets being much stronger than Poison, so she has to work around them in order to effectively restrain Vi.
Boxing had lower body opening weakness and in arcance there is no one try to low kick her at all
street fighter in gameplay wise or lore wise still had Lower body attack in the fight even Balrog and dudley had it too.
Vi Boxing skill still cant be compare to Balrog & dudley.
Posion should met or knew them before? but never fight right? In story mode 5 R.mika can fight Balrog so we can assume that Posion should can fight R.mika too. (skill scaling)
Only things that vi had is her weapon more than her boxing skill and Posion should aim her legs with her whip.

Boxing had lower body opening weakness and in arcance there is no one try to low kick her at all
street fighter in gameplay wise or lore wise still had Lower body attack in the fight even Balrog and dudley had it too.
Actually apparently she can, LoL ha a bunch of actual combat analysts break down her fighting style in Arcane and the conclusion was that skill-wise she outclasses basically any boxer or MMA fighter irl

skill-wise she outclasses basically any boxer or MMA fighter irl
Compare Fictional Character to real life fighter isnt fair at all (Fiction setting can break law of physic)
Balrog & Dudley would one hit all real life boxer and fighter too.
Vi never fight someone like Dudley & Balrog Skill level in arcane
R.mika can fight balrog in sf5 story mode that mean Posion should know how to fight him too
Posion should can fight R.mika in that verse.

Only way Vi can win is Overpower them with more power feat not skill.
If Vi was aleady stronger than Those SF characters that mean VI win.
but if she not prove to be stronger than them and try to use skill to fight them it not gonna work well.
Arcane fighters still not on that level yet even Vi so she need to use Overpower feat instead to win.

(If Vi was stronger than SF characters)

Vi meet posion at the bar and posion attack her from distant untill Vi catch her up at some point(Due to Equal speed)
Vi use One punch to her gut and knock her out (K.O)

(If Vi not stronger than SF characters)

Vi cant one shot her and Posion keep using her dirty tactic & skill untill Vi cant keep up anymore due to Bleeding.

Compare Fictional Character to real life fighter isnt fair at all (Fiction setting can break law of physic)
Balrog & Dudley would one hit all real life boxer and fighter too.
Vi never fight someone like Dudley & Balrog Skill level in arcane
R.mika can fight balrog in sf5 story mode that mean Posion should know how to fight him too
Posion should can fight R.mika in that verse.

Only way Vi can win is Overpower them with more power feat not skill.
If Vi was aleady stronger than Those SF characters that mean VI win.
but if she not prove to be stronger than them and try to use skill to fight them it not gonna work well.
Arcane fighters still not on that level yet even Vi so she need to use Overpower feat instead to win.

(If Vi was stronger than SF characters)

Vi meet posion at the bar and posion attack her from distant untill Vi catch her up at some point(Due to Equal speed)
Vi use One punch to her gut and knock her out (K.O)

(If Vi not stronger than SF characters)

Vi cant one shot her and Posion keep using her dirty tactic & skill untill Vi cant keep up anymore due to Bleeding.
Vi currently is 3.6x more powerful and several thousand times physically stronger

I agree on that, but what I meant to say is that Poison can't realibly bind Vi completely as long as her gauntlets work. Catching her ankle, neck or else works to an extent (given that she could grab the whip with the gauntlets), but arms and full body aren't feasible.

Posion should met or knew them before? but never fight right? In story mode 5 R.mika can fight Balrog so we can assume that Posion should can fight R.mika too. (skill scaling)
Poison should technically be able to match them, but as far as we know, she has never met any of them.

Game Over!!! Posion Lose
Someone who stronger win in Equal speed
I disagree, there are plenty of ways to get around an AP advantage, and in fiction we see that all the time (Vi herself does it several times in Arcane).
3.6 is a big gap, but not infinite imho, and I still think both have their own chances to win, that's why my incon.
But Vi winning is definitely quite possible.

Back