• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pink dragon tries to avenge his brother

Im talking about Goku busting the entire Multiverse, not him just simply killing Palkia.

The latter is fine, the former is what im asking.

Why do we keep pitting Goku against literal Omnipresents just because he is of a higher level of 2-B?

Bobsican said:
Because Goku is now the Saitama of 2-B
With the difference that Goku is not an idiot (in combat) and actually has Hax with which he can also defeat enemies where his AP does not help.

Saitama vs Goku

If I consider it correctly, this comparison is actually an insult...

Xerkser500 said:
The OP doesnt say that. And honestly if it's a neutral verse then that should include Palkia's realm. Why it wouldnt be included is unfair to Palkia.
And I still stand by my hax argument. Palkia has been in, like, 4-5 fights in the entire franchise. 1 of them getting godstomped by Arceus, and the rest against it's brethen, who all resist his powers. In fights against different beings, there's nothing justifying Palkia not using it's signature space hax.
It's called Standard Battle Assumptions. It's what is assumed if the OP doesn't specify.

And no, a neutral universe means that it is neutral to both fighters. Giving a character the home advantage where he is given another ability is not "unfair to Palkia".

Not that it matters since Goku defeated Dialga in his realm, IIRC.

And Dialga, and I assume Palkia as well, don't use their hax instantly which gives Goku his win condition.

I have seen a fight between Dialga and Palkia, they use their hax at each other later in the fight despite resisting said hax, so no, you can't use the argument, "they didn't use their hax on their brethren because they resist said hax!".

>And no, a neutral universe means that it's neutral to both fighters

Which means that it should include everything for both said fighters or else it's unfairly taking away abilities, therefore not making it neutral in the first place but going against the point. And this is especially true for Palkia when he's facing someone who, currently, is vastly superior AP wise.

I have my own issues with the Dialga match but whats done is done so moving foward.

>I have seen a fight between Dialga and Palkia, they use their hax at each other later in the fight despite resisting said hax, so no, you can't use the argument, "they didnt use their hax on their brethren because they resist said hax!"

Which was never my argument. Of course they used hax on each other later on, I never said that they didn't.

My argument hinges on that they didnt start out with using their hax because they resist it. No sane character would ever intentfully start out with using moves they know their opponent is resistant to and cannot be immediately brought down by, so using other moves first before then is perfectly reasonable in that regard to battle strategy, unless the character in question is an idiot.

How does their hax work on eachother if they resist it? Time loop seemed pretty darn effective against giratina

Do you know the definition of Neutrality? Here's the definition:

• The state of not supporting or helping either side in a conflict, disagreement, etc.; impartiality.
Neutral as in it isn't supporting either character. It takes place in Central Park, New York - in the real world. Central Park doesn't exist in Pokemon, nor Dragon Ball.

Giving one of the fighters an advantage like a location - especially when it gives them another ability - isn't "unfair to Palkia". That's ridiculous. That's unfair to Goku as it puts him at a disadvantage.

Just because Goku has ludicrously higher AP, doesn't mean that you have to give Palkia the home advantage. Goku doesn't resist Palkia's hax, but you wouldn't make him bloodlusted to even the odds, would you?

For an example...

Every member of the LDO from Shinza Bansho get "Mid-Godly Regen" when in the range of Gladsheimr, as it resurrects them back instantly. It's not "unfair" to not give them that improved Regenerationn in a fight, it's something that needs to be specified by the OP or applied via SBA.

Palkia's Omnipresence is the same. It is not unfair. Period.

And what? You said they don't start out with their hax because their brethren resist their hax, but they are shown using their hax on their opponent anyway, which means that they wouldn't be hindered by your thought process.

How can they apparently realize that their opponent resists their hax in one moment and refrains from using said hax because it would be rendered useless, but then completely throw that logic out the window a minute later and decide to use their hax on their opponent anyway? What you are saying makes no sense.

And characters make stupid decisions all the time in fiction, just because you would do something in a situation, doesn't mean the character would. You can't project yourself like that.

Goes the exact same way as Dialga vs. Goku went. Dialga actually stood more of a chance, since his hax was better.

Even if there's nothing to downgrade because no upgrades happened recently but a clarification of Goku's AP.

Budokai Tenkaichi 3 has a 2-A statement for the amount of timelines.

Too bad it's non-canon to Heroes. Lmao.

DMB 1 said:
It's a statement by Cell, though I wouldn't take it too seriously anyways.
Cell's statement is from Shin Budokai.

I'm talking about Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

@Warren

I don't have it handy, but I distinctly remember from my BT3 playthrough two weeks ago that the narrator for the game states there are infinite alternate worlds at the end of the "What If?" Saga. Although it could be a translation-line.

Akreious said:
How does their hax work on eachother if they resist it? Time loop seemed pretty darn effective against giratina
Because resistance and immunity are 2 different things? Resistance doesnt mean you can't be effected by the hax in general, it just requires it on a certain level.

Your point would be much more plausible if this was a case of them being immune to their haxes, and like the rest of fiction sans Omnis, Immunity is an NLF.

And the Giratina example still doesn't hold up much. Yes, it did effect Giratina, but only when Giratina actively tried leaving the Distortion World via dimensional crossing. The time loop didnt affect Giratina in the slightest otherwise.

Warren Valion said:
And what? You said they don't start out with their hax because their brethren resist their hax, but they are shown using their hax on their opponent anyway, which means that they wouldn't be hindered by your thought process.

How can they apparently realize that their opponent resists their hax in one moment and refrains from using said hax because it would be rendered useless, but then completely throw that logic out the window a minute later and decide to use their hax on their opponent anyway? What you are saying makes no sense.

And characters make stupid decisions all the time in fiction, just because you would do something in a situation, doesn't mean the character would. You can't project yourself like that.
When you put the first point like that then, I'll concede to the first point. But I still stand by my second point.

What I said to Arkeious is the same thing im going to say to you. Resistance to a hax doesnt mean the hax in general is useless, it just means the hax is less effective against them. That means the hax is still usuable but starting with it won't put things in your favor immediately as opposed to your other abilities. So why intentionally use it when you know beforehand it's not going to do much? Unless you (not you, the character) are idiotic enough to charge in and purposely use moves that won't really help you, this makes no sense.

Don't think of their hax being "useless" because thats not what my point is centered on. Their hax isn't useless, just less effective. And any sane combatant would know to save that hax for a better opportunity than to immediately try it, especially when the hax in question is the best abilities in their whole arsenal.

When you say someone has resistance to a hax in-verse, it is usually assumed that they are immune to said level of hax, unless shown otherwise. Like, when you say Luke resisted "enter X's name here"'s mindhax, that usually means that he no-sells the mental attack.

And if your opponent has such a terrible resistance to your attacks, then why wouldn't they use they hax since their opponents aren't fully resistant to it, and it is their strongest attacks?

If their brethren isn't fully resistent to their hax then it means they are still partly effcted by it, and with them being their strongest attacks, it would only make sense to use said abilites if they did so in-character. The logic in which you are using makes no sense.

There is a simple logical assumption we can make about these characters from what we know and have seen.

Maybe, it's because they don't lead with it.

Well considering Dialga and Palkia's relationship, i'd say they'd fall under that no problem. If Dialga and Palkia had actual terrible levels of resistance to each other's moves, i'd probably be more willing to agree with you on that. However, that most definitely isnt the case in their situation since both are explict equals to each other. In fact, both of them being complete equals to each other would actually explain more why they wouldnt start out with their best techniques against each other. Being equals and using your best move from the start? What else would you be able to do from that point on since even your greatest option didnt do much?

If they were fighting any other opponent, besides what they themselves are, and didnt start out with their best moves, I wouldnt argue against them not starting out with hax if PIS isnt an option. But against each other? Starting out with the best in your arsenal, knowing it's not going to do much and go in your favor right away, wouldnt make much sense. It would make better sense to use different moves to get different results and save those moves for a later time.

Back