• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pikmin verse needs an Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ladies and gents, today I'll be talking aboyt a few additional hax that the Pikmin and Olimar should have under their profile, starting with Pikmin.

I feel this is a given, but every Pikmin should have explosion manipulation via the Bomb Rock:https://pikmin.fandom.com/wiki/Bomb_Rock which all seven pikmin can hold in Pikmin 3 as stated in the page for it. Next on the list,either transmutation, life manipulation, or biological manipulation with the Onions:https://pikmin.fandom.com/wiki/Onio the only Pikmin who wouldn't have access to the Onions would be Purple and White, due to lacking one. Either the Onions deserve their own page, or this is added to the Pikmin's arsernal, I'll let the supporter decide if they read this. I would also go into Self-Sustenance type 2 and maybe 3, but those are minor compared to these other hax I've shown, and if anyone else finds hax like these for the Pikmin, I'll add it to the list.

Now for Olimar, who I think needs this buff the most right now. Starting off with petrification thanks to the Ultra-Bitter-Spray:https://www.pikminwiki.com/Ultra-bitter_spray this can also double as durability negation on certain enemies. Next on the list, status amplification with Ultra-Spicey-Spray:https://www.pikminwiki.com/Ultra-spicy_spray. With certain upgrades, Olimar has resistance to fire manipulation and lightning manipulation:https://pikmin.fandom.com/wiki/Space_Suit_Upgrades. Next is barrier creation, thanks to the Gaurd Satellite:https://pikmin.fandom.com/wiki/Guard_Satellite. Finally, transmutation and/or reality warping via the Chronos Reactor:https://pikmin.fandom.com/wiki/Chronos_Reactor.

These are the main hax I wanted to include without bringing up the Bingo Battle power-ups

Bomb Rocks aren't really standard equipment, but stuff they often fine lying around. But explosion generation seems legit. As for the Onion, I don't see anything to indicate transmutation, but life manipulation and biology manipulation is fine. Onions probably could have their own pages; I wouldn't consider it standard equipment but optional equipment/outside help.

For Olimar, Chronos Reactor sounds like limited Space-Time Manipulation as well as Energy Manipulation. And the rest of his ability proposals look good.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Bomb Rocks aren't really standard equipment, but stuff they often fine lying around. But explosion generation seems legit. As for the Onion, I don't see anything to indicate transmutation, but life manipulation and biology manipulation is fine. Onions probably could have their own pages; I wouldn't consider it standard equipment but optional equipment/outside help.

For Olimar, Chronos Reactor sounds like limited Space-Time Manipulation as well as Energy Manipulation. And the rest of his ability proposals look good.
Alright, thank you for taking a look!

I prefer more input from at least one other staff member.

Do note that this is just me, someone with zero knowledge about this topic, speed-reading through the wiki links. It would be best to have others more in the know.

Bomb Rock for Explosion Manipulation - It doesn't manipulate anything, from what I get reading the wiki page. It just explodes. Like a bomb. That does bomb things.

Onion for Bio Manipulation/Transmutation/Whateveratio - The Onion is said to be biological and aware, thus alive. They seem to be of a close relationship with Pikmin, near symbiosis even, but then again, they don't seem to get anything out of having Pikmin inside them. I think the Onion should have its own page.

Ultra Bitter Spray for Petrification - Considering the page says the enemies can break out, and the fact that it's a spray, may mean that it just coats the target into a quick-hardening substance. In addition, it seems to have the ability to make the target brittle, like if a human is exposed to extreme cold, it's possible to break one's fingers by forcibly moving them.

Ultra Spicy Spray for Status Amplification - Given that it speeds up whatever, it may be an adrenaline or homeostasis thing (considering there are mentions of Pikmin dying faster), or just a speed thing in general. No mention of strength or whatever.

Agreed with the fire/electric resistance thing.

Guard Satellite for Barrier Creation
- The page has zero mention of the ability to create a barrier anywhere. On the other hand, there are mentions of it protecting the user and inability to detect asteroids, making it sound like it actively shoots down or wards off potential threats instead of projecting a shield. Also, there was a mention of sleeping better at night when the thing is 'on duty'.

Space-time and Energy Manipulation for Chronos Reactor.

We give people explosion manipulation simply for using things like grenades or explosive weaponry like guns, so I think the bomb rocks should be fine to have explosion manipulation, especially when we give CH things like that and even water manipulation for having a fire hose.

I mean either way the UBS still counts as petrifaction, even if it's only limited. It stops them in place for a limited amount of time. Limited petrifaction should be okay.

We use things more than strength for statistics amplification, like when a character gains a speed boost. You're sort of implying statistic amplification can only apply to strength and that's wrong.

Your other comments seem fine.

Explosion Manipulation, the ability to manipulate explosions, being given to people who don't manipulate explosions but only possess objects that explode, is news to me.

Petri is fine, just rambling on how exactly it petrifies.

I assumed Statistics Amplification amplifies statistics, not just a single statistic. If it is true, then it's fine. That said, I never implied that it can only apply to strength. Apologies if it sounded that way.

Yeah it's a thing we've been doing for a while. Just take a look at Composite Human. He's crazy with that kinda stuff. Chucky has explosion manipulation via grenade, Call of Duty characters are big on this. Admittedly, it's weird, I'll agree with that. It's just how it works though.

That needs to be analyzed as to why exactly it's there though. Just because there's a precedent, doesn't automatically mean it's correct.

I'm a bit physically unhealthy at the moment, so I'd prefer it if someone else handles it. But you're welcome to add the stuff as long as the grammar is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back