• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pieces of media that mean a lot to you?

Oh since I saw someone mention Children's books.

The Little Prince is, in my mind, one of the greatest pieces of media ever created. I read it during a...particularly rough part of my life, the sorta time that makes you like...yearn for the past when things were simpler. Dealing with depression, loneliness, and all the other complexities of gradually becoming an adult. And this book just pulled so many heartstrings. The narration, the simple yet deep themes of cherishing what is truly important in our lives, of being open to relationships, even if they hurt once they end, of having dreams, even if they are unrealistic...shit like that ******* ruined me. I don't usually read fables, but that story struck my heart like a hammer.

I was sobbing at the end, and even now I get teary talking about the book. It's just...magical. That's how I'd describe it.
its-peak-peak-fiction.gif

Sometimes I wonder if I subconsciously took inspiration from that book when designing my first ever OC.

Ignoring the fact that this very similar to my "How Did You Get Into Your Favorite Verse(s)" thread I made a while back...

Cars: This is the first movie I ever remember watching, and it still sticks with me to this day (I'm talking about the first one). The characters, the story, the message, the soundtrack, the memes I'm sure we'll never forget. I grew out of watching movies a while back (most never interested me for some reason), but Cars will always have a place in my heart. It also helps that the video game holds a special place in my heart. One of my childhood favorites.

Johnny Test: A typical choice coming from me, but I don't think I'll ever forget this show. I remember recommending this show to one of my friends back in 5th or 6th grade, and he loved it. We would always quote some of the jokes and lines the characters would make. Yes, my story's a little cringe, but Johnny Test is my comfort show. It has a charm to it that I can't help but smile at every time I watch the show.

4Kids!: You're damn right I'm putting 4Kids! on here. I'll never forget waking up in the morning to watch shows like Sonic X, Dragon Ball Z Kai, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, and Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc V. All of those theme songs (and most 4Kids! songs in general) were certified hood classics. I don't care how cheesy or cringe some of the dubs were to the original material. Yes, there were definitely some bad dubs, but lets not act like 4Kids! wasn't one of the main reasons why we got into anime. 4Kids! will forever be goated.

Professional Wrestling: You saw this one coming from a mile away. Ever since 2011, I've been enjoying and hating this show. I was introduced to many wrestlers like John Cena, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio, Randy Orton, Sheamus, Dolph Ziggler, The Big Show, and so much more around this time. The wrestlers mentioned basically made my childhood as a young lad who didn't know shit about grown men who fight in oversized diapers on a weekly basis. It really says a lot how I still watch Pro Wrestling to this day, despite the massive drop in quality (looking at you 2018 RAW).

Ignoring the fact that this very similar to my "How Did You Get Into Your Favorite Verse(s)" thread I made a while back...
Wasn't the intent lol. This is less about favorite verses and moreso about the impact media can have on you as an individual. A good piece of media can genuinely change how you view the world, so I wanted to make a thread asking people their experiences about that sorta shit.

its-peak-peak-fiction.gif

Sometimes I wonder if I subconsciously took inspiration from that book when designing my first ever OC.
******* BASED Bruh. It's a hella good book to take inspiration from. Honestly been meaning to take traits from the Little Prince to my OC's, he's a very endearing character.

4Kids!: You're damn right I'm putting 4Kids! on here. I'll never forget waking up in the morning to watch shows like Sonic X, Dragon Ball Z Kai, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, and Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc V. All of those theme songs (and most 4Kids! songs in general) were certified hood classics. I don't care how cheesy or cringe some of the dubs were to the original material. Yes, there were definitely some bad dubs, but lets not act like 4Kids! wasn't one of the main reasons why we got into anime. 4Kids! will forever be goated.

Anyway time for serious post, "Beyond the Boundary" (Kyōkai no Kanata) is one of my favorite anime series ever. Partly because of the nostalgia I get since I watched it when I was quite a bit younger, but also because I genuinely think it's really enjoyable, and the characters are really endearing IMO. The ending for the anime is also really, really good, and genuinely very well written.

The MC is one of the first "overly perverted MC" trope characters I've seen in anime but it's genuinely funny and not obnoxious (and worthy of being put on a sex offenders registry).

Holy shit. I forgot another franchise.

Power Rangers: This is the first show/franchise that made me think being a superhero was the coolest shit ever. Me and my older brother dressed up as the red and blue Power Rangers from RPM for Halloween when we were little. RPM, Jungle Fury, Dino Thunder, and Samurai were the PR shows I remember watching the shit out of when I was little. Especially RPM and Jungle Fury. I will never get those theme songs out of my head.

Power Rangers: This is the first show/franchise that made me think being a superhero was the coolest shit ever. Me and my older brother dressed up as the red and blue Power Rangers from RPM for Halloween when we were little. RPM, Jungle Fury, Dino Thunder, and Samurai were the PR shows I remember watching the shit out of when I was little. Especially RPM and Jungle Fury. I will never get those theme songs out of my head.
Whenever I hear the words "it's morphin' time" I literally go into cardiac arrest.

******* BASED Bruh. It's a hella good book to take inspiration from. Honestly been meaning to take traits from the Little Prince to my OC's, he's a very endearing character.
I noticed only after I was finally done with his story how similar he was to the Little Prince. Now that I've concluded his tale, I hope I'll have enough time and willpower to write a book or make a low budget web-series that details his final moments where he attempts to create a better future for the people of his world, and tries to redeem the villains who did despicable acts in his name.

I'm under your bed.
Ooh.
I don't know how to say this, but..
I'm kind of into women, y'know?
I mean don't get me wrong I won't judge you if you're gay, that's perfectly fine, but personally I'm just not like that man.
Also hiding under my bed is a little weird regardless.

I can go on a rant on how much appreciation I have for the art of music, but I'll keep it brief and say that music to me feels like an outlet that can speak to me, no matter what mood I'm in.

It virtually feels like the artist performing the song is speaking to you.

Back