• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is sinful...

He doesn't have anything to bypass her power negation and conceptual barriers.

She probably takes this.

Except Maria has literally dozens of exploitable weaknesses that fall literally into Slaanesh's domain.

Slaanesh actually might be getting quite a few things added to their profile since Matt and I realized Slaanesh did in fact absorb several pretty major powers from the Eldar Gods, so I'd wait a couple of hours before a final decision.

Considering Slaanesh's chief name is the "Prince of Pleasure" in both WH40k and Fantasy, shouldn't his pronoun be masculine?

Yes, but the Chaos Name is "Slaaneth" correctly, Slaan meaning "pleasure" or "extecy" while "Neth" means "Prince of" or "Lord of", meaning literally Prince of Pleasure or Lord of Pleasure?

That's taken from
Codex: Craftworld (4th Edition).

I don't know if that's true or correct or contridicted elsewhere, but i assume the Gender doesn't really matter.

It's not like Nurgle, Khorne, or the Horned Rat, who are all explicitedly stated as Male.

Aparajita said:
Except Maria has literally dozens of exploitable weaknesses that fall literally into Slaanesh's domain.
I'm aware but there's a difference between an opponent having a particular weakness and being able to actually exploit it.

In this case he's literally powerless to do so.

Anyway, I'll wait until the issues with the profile is rectified.

'Kay I updated Slaanesh's page. Just an FYI, everything new is under Powers and Abilities.

I can also give my opinion on the fight, if anyone cares.

I'll come back to this tomrrow and see what others have to say before i input. Though Im loving the Umineko matchups that are popping up all of a sudden!! :D

Considering it's been a few hours, I might as well argue in favor of Slaanesh, surprisingly enough, because of a passive ability. Slaanesh embodies not just lust and excess, but also sensations themselves. This is why even looking at Slaanesh makes it nigh-impossible to fight back, as seeing Slaanesh is not just seeing some random daemon/god, but seeing what you want to see most. Your greatest desires and feelings are reflected in the god, and even the strongest of will won't lift a finger to actually fight back unless there truly is nothing they love more than...well, fighting. Slaanesh does not need to actively perform some sort of conceptual assault on Maria to do this. By its very nature, this is merely a state Slaanesh is constantly in, unless it wishes otherwise.

Maria is still very much dangerous to Slaanesh, what with things like the ability to directly attack concepts and her Red Truths, but it won't actually matter when Maria does not actively wish to fight or even resist Slaanesh. Being an already emotionally unstable child, it's not as if she can simply shrug this off. With Maria not being able to defend or attack to her fullest, this leaves an extreme amount of openings for Slaanesh, who has the potential to override low-godly regen and thus end the battle.

If Maria is not defending on a conceptul level, then it's quite possible that Slaanesh could alter her fate to "Maria is consumed by Slaanesh and has her powers absorbed" (note: this is not the fate manipulation that most gods of Slaanesh's level could use on simple mortals, but the fate manipulation acquired from devouring Morai-Heg and the Wheel of Destiny, which also controlled the fate of gods and beings on Slaanesh's level), not allowing her the opening to try and deny this outcome.

Because of this, I'm honestly seeing it go to Slaanesh more times than not.

Indeed. Maria has the potential to be one of the strongest characters in the verse (only counting named characters, hypothetical fully realized Maria should be right under Featherine and right above Beatrice, iirc), and even just her raw magical skills are absolutely immense, but I feel that untrained nature and more childlike mind are what allow Slaanesh victory, since it can take full advantage of that from the get-go.

Is there anything that's stopping Maria BFRing Slanesh via Manipulating the Plot? If not, I'll give it to Slaanesh via Fate control and Maria's unstable mind. The fact that even PIECE KANON was able to take advantage of her in their fight should be enough evidence.

@Scarlet

Most likely Slaanesh getting the first set of moves off through its passive abilities and/or countering with its own Fate Manipulation. Not sure exactly how BFR would function in a battle between these two, though.

Tzeentch is my favorite god because of his magic and shenanigans..meanwhile the god of fair and honorable martial combat can go to hell.

Slaanesh is the funnest Chaos God.

Khorne only wants everyone to perpetually kill each other in mindless bloodthirsty rage.

Tzeentch wants to have people war and scheme against each other for their own games, causing immense suffering to all their "opponents" in a never-ending Machiavellian conflict.

Nurgle wants the whole universe to stay in a static state of rotting, decaying entropy.

Slaanesh? They just want to spread love and joy across existence. :3

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Your greatest desires and feelings are reflected in the god, and even the strongest of will won't lift a finger to actually fight back unless there truly is nothing they love more than...well, fighting. Slaanesh does not need to actively perform some sort of conceptual assault on Maria to do this. By its very nature, this is merely a state Slaanesh is constantly in, unless it wishes otherwise.
No wonder Khorne is always **** up slaanesh..Khorne is seriously need new hobby..

@Matt

"Slaanesh? They just want to spread love and joy across existence. :3"

I've never seen the words "destructive hedonism" and "loadsa drugs" spelled that way, before.

@NJS

Probably also part of why Khaine was actually able to fight back. That guy's entire life was excessive amounts of violence.

Sick veme, friend.

Also, just so it's easier for people to catch up, I believe the current votes are:

Slaanesh: Me, you, Aparajita, TheMightyRegulator... I think? (initially leaning towards Maria though was swayed the other way), ScarletMoon56 (votes in favor of Slaanesh if Maria is unable to utilize BFR in time)

Maria: God-King Superman77

I don't believe NJS has voted.

Please anyone correct me if I messed something up or misrepresented you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back