• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Persona Discussion Thread

I would agree with "At least 7-A" for the same reason. But, while we're on the topic of Velvet Room scaling, both Margaret and Elizabeth should be stronger than Caroline and Justine, who can fight a late game P5 protagonist. (And no, I'm not talking about New Game+. There's actually a mandatory scene during the story mode wher "Igor" forces them to fight him.)

I think people ended up agreeing not to use that and go with "At least 4-A" from the size of Okumura's palace. @Matt if you're still watching can you confirm plz?

Seems that way for now until the inevitable sequel Arena game comes out and throws our scaling in the trash (again).

Yu fights Margaret in the anime, but I don't know if we consider that to be canon.

Yet he fights Margaret who should be 4-A via scaling. That's either non-canon or an anime-only outlier.

Thinking about it now, the Velvet room attendants are explicitly holding back during each of their fights, with the obvious exception of Yaldabaoth. Yu and Minato wouldn't scale regardless. until Arena 3

I'll make some later. Also, I think P4 characters should regain their 7-C keys scaling from Adachi, and keep 7-A as their end game stats and scaling from P4A. The tier jump can be explained by the training they did between fighting Adachi and Izanami.

Having their old personas is most likely just an aesthetic choice for the fighting games, especially considering Yu and Aigis can evolve/devolve theirs at will. It might even be a personal preference for the characters.

Another thing worth noting is, unlike in Persona 3, unlocking all of your teammates ultimate Persona isn't mandatory in 4. All the P3 characters retain their ultimate Personas in Arena while P4 characters don't aside from Yu, whose awakening is actually mandatory in the true ending.

We need to agree on ratings before making new profiles tho

I'm not actually at my computer right now, but I'm guessing so far we're agreed that:

1.) P4 characters get the following keys: 7-C (post Adachi) and 7-A (End game and scaling to P3 characters in Arena).

2.) P3 characters get 7-A scaling from Erebus, and MHS for the same reason as P4 characters.

3.) P5 characters get At least 4-A from Okumura and Shido's palaces, because the current 3-C ratings are ridiculous.

4.) Velvet room attendants get At least 4-A scaling from the twins, who fought the P5 protagonist during story mode. (In every encounter other than Yaldabaoth, they are explicitly holding back to either test the protagonist, enjoy themselves, or in the twin's case, were already doubting their "master" and didn't want to hurt the protag to begin with.)

Feel free to argue against any and all of the above.

I actually wasn't a part of that discussion but I vaguely remember spectating it. If you think the arguments are relevant, bring them back up. I personally forgot.

There's not much I can add to that since the argument heavily relies on P2 lore which is outside of my expertise. I do have some questions/points to bring up, but a separate CRT should probably be made so the conversation doesn't detract from the other changes we need to discuss.

Edwellken said:
We need to agree on ratings before making new profiles tho
I'm not actually at my computer right now, but I'm guessing so far we're agreed that:

1.) P4 characters get the following keys: 7-C (post Adachi) and 7-A (End game and scaling to P3 characters in Arena).

2.) P3 characters get 7-A scaling from Erebus, and MHS for the same reason as P4 characters.

3.) P5 characters get At least 4-A from Okumura and Shido's palaces, because the current 3-C ratings are ridiculous.

4.) Velvet room attendants get At least 4-A scaling from the twins, who fought the P5 protagonist during story mode. (In every encounter other than Yaldabaoth, they are explicitly holding back to either test the protagonist, enjoy themselves, or in the twin's case, were already doubting their "master" and didn't want to hurt the protag to begin with.)

Feel free to argue against any and all of the above.
Assuming nobody argues against these in the next few hours, it should be alright to implement. I'll ask some people to come take a look.

It should be fine to start editing now. If you're going to add new profiles, let people know here which ones so you don't end up clashing with each other. I'll be focusing on cleaning up and implementing the proposed changes to the existing profiles.

Edwellken said:
It should be fine to start editing now. If you're going to add new profiles, let people know here which ones so you don't end up clashing with each other. I'll be focusing on cleaning up and implementing the proposed changes to the existing profiles.
I want to try to make a profile for Labrys (and maybe one for Hi-No-kagutsuchi) (altough it will be my first profile so I'm not sure how it will end up)

By the way, since you're going to implement the changes in the existing profiles. Will it be possible to add in Aigis's profile "Sealing" or "Soul Manipulation" since in the original game she sealed Death inside Makoto

Thank you in advance

Shozo Irie said:
I want to try to make a profile for Labrys (and maybe one for Hi-No-kagutsuchi) (altough it will be my first profile so I'm not sure how it will end up)

By the way, since you're going to implement the changes in the existing profiles. Will it be possible to add in Aigis's profile "Sealing" or "Soul Manipulation" since in the original game she sealed Death inside Makoto

Thank you in advance
Ok, will do.

Make sure you follow the Standard Format for Character Profiles, and you should be fine.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Should Labrys and Shadow Labrys be separated?
Good question. Since in Ultimatix it's revealed that Shadow Labrys stills exists inside Labrys's memory module I was planning to use her (Shadow Labrys) as a secondary Key in Labrys's profile.

But if people think that she deserves her own profile I don't see any problems doing it.

Back