• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Persona 3 Club Book Revisions: I've been waiting for this edition

Well, this has been sitting on the discord revision server for... I don't know, months?

We've got a lot of things going around in there. Hopefully we can move everything foward in a timely manner after this.

Also, it's 3/5 as of me writing this. Anime Jesus died for our sins today, so be sure to listen to P3 ost.

Without further ado, let's go.

Nyx Changes and Additions

Shadow Changes and Additions

• Shadows and Personas are abstract beings formed by human thought and emotion.
    • Shadows are fragments of Nyx that have integrated into the minds if every sentient being on Earth . Due to the minds of sentient beings having evolved around possessing these fragments, they cannot function without them.
    • The Shadows encountered throughout the games are all Shadows that have broken loose from the minds they once occupied. Based on their number, it is implied that Shadows persist even after their original owner has died, and wander the Collective Unconscious while attempting to fulfill their purpose of reuniting with Nyx by fusing with stronger Shadows to eventually form the Arcana Shadows that would bring about the Fall.
    • Personas are Shadows that have been tamed by their owner's willpower, and turned into a force that resists Nyx's influence. As Personas' true forms are the aspect of the user's personality they represent, their 'physical' manifestations are most likely avatars, which explains why they return so easily despite being destroyed (see the Arena games). As Shadows are no longer linked to a specific psyche, their 'physical' forms are their true forms.
    • All Shadows and Personas have: Non-Corporeal, Non-Physical Interaction, Limited Absorption, Mind, Soul and Information Manipulation (Shadows can consume the mind and soul of non-Persona-users to absorb their Shadows, which are composed partly of pure information, and grow stronger, Personas affect Shadows and other Personas with applications of magic), Limited Flight (depends on the Shadow/Persona) and Magic (all Shadows and Personas can use some level of magic).
    • Personas additionally have Abstract Existence (Type 1) due to still being linked to their user's mind.
    • Additionally, Shadows also have Limited Extrasensory Perception due to being able to sense other Shadows. The extent of this ability is unknown.
  • Shadows passively warp space-time , and create distortions in space time
    • Will protect from Time Stop (as shown with the Dark Hour and Metaverse), and should protect similarly to spatial distortions. Resistance to Time Stop, Time Manipulation, and Spatial Manipulation.
    • Applies to Nyx, all Shadows, all Personas, all Persona-users, objects that utilize Plumes of Dusk, and other beings born from the Collective Unconscious, such as Yaldabaoth, Izanami and Erebus.
Other Additions (mainly related to Archetypes)

In Summary: Additions/Changes to be made
Beings from the CU: Non-Corporeal, Non-Physical Interaction, Resistance to Time Stop, Time Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation

Persona Users: The Resistances above and NPI (with their weaponry)

Shadows and Personas: All above powers and resistances naturally in addition to: Limited Absorption, Mind, Soul, and Information Manipulation, Magic, Limited Flight, Resistance to Physics Manipulation, Invulnerability.

Nyx changes: All powers from True Nyx scale to Nyx Avatar to a lesser degree, aside from Large Size (Type 4). Both gain Resistance to Physics Manipulation, Invulnerability (to anything that functions based on conventional physics; Nyx does not obey the conventional laws of physics)

Well, that should be everything.

I imagine that if I got anything wrong, the people from the Persona Server will correct me here, which is good. Thanks in advance.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go watch Castlevania Season 3.

Everything seems to check out. I'll read through again later to see if anything was missed, since I've just woken up. But for now, I agree with everything above.

Nyx, Shadows and Personas should also have resistance to Matter Manipulation for the same reason they have a resistance to Physics Manip.

I've given my input behind the scenes on a lot of this stuff over time, and overall, I'm all good with it.

I need to properly look through everything here in detail again to make sure I can validate all this info, since I admittedly don't remember everything here that's being mentioned. But otherwise, this should all be fine.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Question, what does the final part on Archetypes mean? Like, what power is given from that?
Honestly not sure. Probably just be something to take note of terminology-wise, since we can't really scale anything to SMT Demons.

Although we don't strictly need it, it'd be best to get staff approval before we go through with these changes. Then we'd need to organize in updating the profiles.

We should at least message Dragon about it, since afaik he's the only staff knowledgeable on Persona left, what with Sera being too busy.

It should simply be resistance to Time Manipulation, no need to add Time Stop and Time Manipulation. Just note that it includes time stop.

Otherwise, this seems fine.

As mentioned, I agree with just about everything, but wouldn't "Invulnerability to things based on physical laws" just be really good resistance to reality warping and physics manipulation? Typically speaking, we use Invulnerability specifically to refer to being immune to AP to a certain extent, and that it caps out at a certain tier level. Invulnerability to physics isn't quite proper use of the term.

wow, three of us got onto the thread and commented at the exact same time

DarkGrath said:
As mentioned, I agree with just about everything, but wouldn't "Invulnerability to things based on physical laws" just be really good resistance to reality warping and physics manipulation? Typically speaking, we use Invulnerability specifically to refer to being immune to AP to a certain extent, and that it caps out at a certain tier level. Invulnerability to physics isn't quite proper use of the term.
It's just physics based Invulnerability. I.e. if your AP strictly relies on the laws of physics alone, it's gonna get noped regardless of what it is. At minimum, you need NPI to affect Shadows/Personas.

Meh. Sounds fine? Either way, with Dragon's support, this should all be fine to apply.

time to party, a Persona CRT actually got done

Back