• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Perish Song vs Death Stare (El Pájaro Silvador vs Basilisk)

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
What can I say? Both El Pájaro Silvador and the Basilisk function quite similarly. One kills by crowing while the other kills if you get into a staring contest with it. This will be full SBA (I don't think speed matters when one can glare while the other can sing). Here are their profiles.:

El Pájaro Silvador's Profile

Basilisk's Profile

Who takes this?

Pajarosilbador2
Basilisk or Cockatrice
El Pájaro Silvador: 0
Basilisk: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Are they in each other's line of sight? According to the profile, anyone who heard the Pájaro sing dies "shortly after", meaning that they still have some time left.

Joaco0902 said:
Are they in each other's line of sight? According to the profile, anyone who heard the Pájaro sing dies "shortly after", meaning that they still have some time left.
Good question. I wonder why that was never brought up in SBA. Too soon to do that, though...

Anyway, I would assume that both are in a forested part of Central Park, allowing the Colombian bird to perch up in a tree. I would think they aren't in each other's line of sight given these circumstances.

Does anyone know how good the bird's vision is? Or how good a woodpecker's is? Since SBA would put them in hundreds of meters range, it might not have precise enough vision to see the Basilisk's eye from this distance.

Blahblah9755 said:
Does anyone know how good the bird's vision is? Or how good a woodpecker's is? Since SBA would put them in hundreds of meters range, it might not have precise enough vision to see the Basilisk's eye from this distance.
Supposedly diurnal birds like woodpeckers are capable of seeing near-ultraviolet wavelengths (down to 300 nm): https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/...psredir=1&article=2908&context=icwdm_usdanwrc

I dunno if that accomplishes anything, however.

If they are that far away, the Pájaro just sings and the Basilisk dies before it can make eye contact.

That basically just means they can see more colors. Pretty much every bird has better eyesight than humans, but seeing an eye from hundreds of meters seems unlikely since it's not a raptor. Voting Pàjaro, though this might be a range stomp at SBA starting distance.

Back