• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Percy Jackson Gods Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you can politely ask the other staff members who have previously commented here to do so again via their message walls.

Hey I'm back. I'm not here to say something stupid I promise (lol) but in the wiki while I was checking out Hercules's page, I read something…interesting. I swear directly from the wiki in regards to Hercules's history, and I quote:

"Hera was tricked into suckling a young Hercules which is where most of his great strength came from, and he bit so hard that when she pulled him away, the milk created the Milky Way"

So does this make Hera, along with the rest of the gods, 3-C, possibly higher?

Beware. Scalling may get a little fuzzed.

I suppose not everyone scales to Hera, since she's described as one of the most porwerful of the children of Kronos, only overpowered by the Big Three. And as such, not everyone is comparable to her. Only the Big Three and titans should scale, I guess. If this is even a thing, of course.

Antvasima said:
Well, you can politely ask the other staff members who have previously commented here to do so again via their message walls.
Has anybody done this yet?

Anyway, was creating the Milky Way part of the myths or depicted in the Percy Jackson series?

I do not think that we can use it then, as it would be too much of an outlier.

Reopening this to remind people of the so-extremely important fact that people thought the Earth was flat back in the myth age, so creating the stars would not be anywhere near as good a feat as what Artemis did after Zoe died. Riordanverse follows a "reality is what you think it is" cosmology, remember?

Wouldn't that logic aply to several actual religions, as they belived the sun was actually going around earth, that it was moonsized and all that?

Yes, and so did the Greeks. Again, the universe changed to reflect what people believed in.

I meant, wouldn't assuming that celestial bodies had the size they have now for actual religions on the wiki be fallacious?

Wasn't it both?

Apollo's chariot metaphor in point, he says that it was both a ball of fire and being dragged around by horses iirc

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Wouldn't that logic aply to several actual religions, as they belived the sun was actually going around earth, that it was moonsized and all that?
It should.

Assuming that the Sun is actually sun-sized is perfectly fine unless contradicted, but if the verse establishes a different size, the irl size of the Sun is irrelevant

@Ricsi

Yes, but that is a subject for another thread. And creator gods would still scale to their tier 2 feats because of time and space conceptual creation.

Pretty sure aztecs didn't view stars as what we consider them to be and that Japanese mythology made amaterasu and tsukuyomi out to be comparable and made from one eye each.

But it is for another thread I suppose

Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread again?

It is probably much preferable to start a new thread than reopening an old one in that case.

> "But how does it work?" Nico asked. "I thought the sun was a big fiery ball of gas!"

> Apollo chuckled and ruffled Nico's hair. "That rumor probably got started because Artemis used to call me a big fiery ball of gas. Seriously, kid, it depends on whether you're talking astronomy or philosophy. You want to talk astronomy? Bah, what fun is that? You want to talk about how humans think about the sun? Ah, now that's more interesting. They've got a lot riding on the sun… er, so to speak. It keeps them warm, grows their crops, powers engines, makes everything look, well, sunnier. This chariot is built out of human dreams about the sun, kid. It's as old as Western Civilization. Every day, it drives across the sky from east to west, lighting up all those puny little mortal lives. The chariot is a manifestation of the sun's power, the way mortals perceive it. Make sense?"

Apollo seems to be confirming that the Sun is made up of what mortals view it as.

Ancient Greek people believed in a flat earth with a dome sky (as said by Percy himself), so the stars are not High 4-C. Only thing we really have is Artemis's feat in modern day, which is also non-High 4-C.

Antvasima said:
It is probably much preferable to start a new thread than reopening an old one in that case.
I'm kinda short in time here but okay, I will do it when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back