• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
0/10, You didn't give him 96 seconds

I'll come back to this once I come back from school.

All right. While I'm not very knowledgble on Kirby, I can safely say that sucking 96 or one of his monsters up at worst is useless, and at best is a terrible idea.

Basically:

If I am being correct, K selasirby's abosrption consists in trapping who/whatever he swallows in a pocket dimension inside of himself, and gaining powers from those people/things.

The issue is that 96 has dimensional travel, so he can get out, and even i that wasn't the case, he managed to escape from the Emperor's Key more than once, which traps and seals Numbers absorbed by Astral, who can use the powers of said absorbed Numbers. Once 96 got out, even in a much weaker state thean this, he was abel to absorb Astral back. and once he even managed to absorb all the Numbers inside of the EK (which at the time were few though) other than Utopia.

And that's not counting the fatc that 96 in this stae is a Chaos Number, who Astral wasn't capable of absorbing at the time, and almost killed himself, when 96 after a battle entered inside Astral's body to kill him from the inside, only to seal his powers again (not absorbing him).

Oh, and if Kirby absorbed one of 96's monster, the latter could potentially powernull Kirby with cards that counter Numbers, such as Number LockDown, which prevents Number monsters (which Kirby would most likely be considered as, after literally absorbing one) from attacking or activating their special abilities. This needs a bit of set-up though, since it's a trap card.

That said, Kirby's got... A lot of powers, to say the least. I'm not sure if he could negate/null all of them.

Just being inside of Kirby's stomach transmutes others into objects, so that's a problem. How good is 96's mindhax Resistance? Kirby's Empathic/Morality hax is for now more in-character than him sucking.

Is prep for summons and setup=being aware of the opponent's capabilities?

Generally, there are trap cards, which reflect attacks, and can negate abilities, negate the activation of abilities, or prevent one from using abilities, which his summons can do too

Shouldn't Kirby be able to mindhax some, if not all traps too? If they have a sentient being doing their thing in them? And not all cards have spirits?

Anyway, can he null Low-Godly regen?

No, not all do, and they can negate the activation of the hearts

Possibly, or at least incap with null. I'd like to hear what DMB thinks though, since he's better with ZEXAL then me

Does Kirby's Mindhax scale to his resistance? Because holding a Chaos Number could very well drive him insane (if he doesn't resist, of course).

Also no, spell and trap cards aren't sentient, or at least they usually aren't.

As for the mind hax, I'm not sure if Kind Overfiend could negate it (and the latter's gonna negate a lot of stuff if he gets summoned).

How good is Kirby's Low-Godly, exactly? Regardless, while with difficulty, he probably is going to find at least some ways to deal with it (absorption shenanigans, cards, incapacitation etcetera).

>"Does Kirby's Mindhax scale to his resistance?"

Yes, in the form of Mind Manip (which should be Empathic & Morality Manip). It's in his profile.

>"How good is Kirby's Low-Godly, exactly?"

He dies, turns into a ghost, goes to touch an enemy and upon contact absorbs its energy to recover his body immediately. It's in his Notable Attacks/Techniques. He can also use the Reviving Tomato to revive immediately only once.

It's both.

He can also resist magic, which I guess it's something here(?)

Yobobojojo said:
Low and Mid godly regen as well as regen above it are functionally resurrection.
Yeah, I get that, but Kirby's case is more similar to resurrection as he needs something else to actually grow a body back.

@Eficient

Since Magic is one of the most variable and inclusive things in fiction, I can't really say how much it would help without feats.

Spell Cards, I guess, and maybe some other stuff. It depends on what Kirby's Magic Resistance includes, but I don't think that it will have such an impact on the match.

Are spell cards really magic past 5ds Though? Everything else seems to be more general reality warping afterwards, or Digimon shenanigans, or hard light.

Maybe, but spell cards not being actually spells leads me to believe whoever names it is dumb. Trey's crest shenanigans also imply it's more reality warping making Non-Number cards real.

It's still regen tho, if it were just resurrection he would have no body. And it's Eficiente, or just Efi.

Kirby has the ability to literally block attacks, something I'm pretty sure cards can't do, this allaws him to defend himself from Magical attacks and prevent forms of Status Effect Inducement.

Back