• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Jim was running as fast as he could, faster than he knew he could. He was coming, he was here. He thought he could hide in Derry, but he had followed him. Jim ran into the basement, slamming the door behind him. He sat down to take a breath, but jumped at the sudden presence of a bright red balloon. "Jimmy..." a mysterious voice said menacingly. "You want to float like a balloon?" Suddenly, the balloon popped, revealing The Dancing Clown in all his glory. "You will soon." Jim screamed, running up the stairs right into Slenderman. Der Großmann grabbed the man by his neck, hoisting him into the air. Jim's soul was sucked clean out of him, his screams completely silenced.

IT had just reached the top of the stairs when IT saw his lifeless body drop to the floor. The two eldritch terrors stared at each other, not fully sure what they were seeing. But it was clear the something else has hunting their prey, and that would not stand. The wall exploded behind Slender as he teleported out into the street, gesturing for IT to follow. IT accepted the challenge, resolving to tear The Observer apart.

-

101 Facts Slender.

Both at 7-C.

Speed Equalized.

They fight in the streets of Derry.

Pennywise by willman1701-d5j24qi
We all float down here...

vs.
Slender.2015-poster

Are any of the abilities on Pennywise's profile restricted when he is only 7-C?

If not SM has no way to put down Penny due to Immortality (Type 9). Death Manip wouldn't effect Penny, both have soul manip, Slender's mind hax cancel out Penny's. Both have regen (Though Penny's is likely way better). Both have limited Invisibility and Weather manip iirc. Slenderman has teleportation but so does Penny. Penny is Non-Corpreal so physical attacks will not help Slender. All I am wondering is if Penny kills Slenderman, will he not become Slenderman?

Then Slender's passive probability causes Penny to slip up allowing slenderman to sneak up on Penny and get a direct hit. It will not kill Penny but since Penny's regen takes a while it will weaken him to the point slender could actually overpower him. Still Slender has no way to put Penny down perminately due to immortality type 9 and other reasons. Real issue I don't know is if Penny kills Slenderman, will he become Slenderman making him lose?

Damaging Penny enough would count as incapacitation given it takes years to heal, so that could work. No idea how type 6 would work.

Wouldn't Slenderman win either way via Pennywise becoming him even if he wins? Or does Pennywise have something that makes him immune to that?

The Smashor said:
Wouldn't Slenderman win either way via Pennywise becoming him even if he wins? Or does Pennywise have something that makes him immune to that?
Not if Slender is mindhaxed.

The Wright Way said:
Damaging Penny enough would count as incapacitation given it takes years to heal
No. It took years for its avatar to come back after it was killed.

As far as actual regen goes, It instantly regenerated from Bill shooting it in the face while it was in a werewolf form. It also turns amorphous every time it shapeshifts, and has no problem going from that state back to any of its forms within moments.
The Wright Way said:
Only Non-Corporality. He has everything else. Also his mind hax isn't passive here.
Mindhax isn't, but madness hax technically is. Looking into Its eyes causes you to see the Deadlights directly.

Can I get an actual summary of what this version of Slenderman can do? There are so ******* many of them that I can't be bothered reading the profiles anymore.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Can I get an actual summary of what this version of Slenderman can do? There are so ******* many of them that I can't be bothered reading the profiles anymore.
Passive probability hax (being the sole cause of every accident on Earth), Death manipulation with a whisper, and Type 6 immortality that turns his opponent into him upon his death are the big things he has. I'll have to double check everything else.

Just checked. He can eat souls, summon fire, knows more about people the more they know about him, induce paranoia, manipulate memories, heal himself by eating bones, is omnipresent, and can summon zombified versions of his previous victims to serve him. None of his other stuff seems combative to me.

Well, looking at it, it depends on what Slendy can do that bypasses Low-High, and how fast it can be done before Pennywise mindhaxes him or something.

Pennywise has illusions that can harm opponents as well as trick the members of the Losers Club (who have telepathic abilities and senses in the IT novel), as well as perception hax so good that it was able to make a sewer seem (and even smell) like there was a live circus somewhere inside. It can grant fatal diseases just by pointing at someone, and can also mind control and memory-wipe fairly easily.

This version of Slenderman doesn't seem like he has a good way of dealing with any of that, so if he can't bypass regen fairly quickly, then things are going to turn ugly really quickly.

I also find it grossly ironic that Fact Book Chuck Norris was disallowed, but a Fact Book version of Slenderman is considered perfectly fine.

To be fair

Wait all the arguments for Chuck not being good (No continuity, vauge feats, literally is a jokebook with commentary) roughly apply to slenderboi

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Well, looking at it, it depends on what Slendy can do that bypasses Low-High, and how fast it can be done before Pennywise mindhaxes him or something.

Pennywise has illusions that can harm opponents as well as trick the members of the Losers Club (who have telepathic abilities and senses in the IT novel), as well as perception hax so good that it was able to make a sewer seem (and even smell) like there was a live circus somewhere inside. It can grant fatal diseases just by pointing at someone, and can also mind control and memory-wipe fairly easily.

This version of Slenderman doesn't seem like he has a good way of dealing with any of that, so if he can't bypass regen fairly quickly, then things are going to turn ugly really quickly.
Pretty sure Death Manipulation beats Low-High. Also Slender has his own perception Manipulation but it just isn't applicable in combat. (You view him differently based on your age. To young people he's friendly and smells like buttered popcorn. Older people see him for the eldritch abomination he is.)

Pennywise predates universal time and space. I'm positive it'll see Slendy for what he really is.

The former point is valid, but that's only one power out of...how many?

Pretty sure you need feats to indicate that you can kill them entirely on a cellular level to bypass low high

And calling back to the whole vaugeness thing....

If Slendy only really has one way past Penny's regen, then it's a matter of whether or not he'll use that before Penny does...well, a lot of things, really?

Considering this is a Fact Book character Chuck Norris' departure notwithstanding for the moment, I doubt he has any "in-character" moves that he's guaranteed to start with. Because of that, Penny is more likely to put him down in some way before he can use the one thing he has that gets past its regen.

Of course, this is assuming death manipulation even works as a permanent means of killing Its avatar. If not, well, Penny just sort of bounces back from everything Slendy throws at it until it decides its had enough of the smart-suited eldritch horror's nonsense.

His death whisper is his go to move. SM is shown doing it right off the bat when he was fighting some sailors (It was a later chapter of the book but I don't remeber which). Also Slender does have regen as well but eh.

That's one example. I already went over this with Calypso: One example of starting with X =/= character always starts with X.

Anyway, we still need to answer this.

DMUA said:
Pretty sure you need feats to indicate that you can kill them entirely on a cellular level to bypass low high
And calling back to the whole vaugeness thing....

Back