• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yeah, @MrKingOfNegativity, like @Milly Rocking Bandit said, I meant that.

@EmperorDoom25, Rimuru has Law Manipulation. Law Manipulation can be stacked on with Barrier by even fodders, in the verse.

EmperorDoom25 said:
Yeah, that would work. But how Rimuru will know that he has to use BFR?
"Great Sage" can give Rimuru's strategy about what he must do to win. This type of strategy is pretty common for "Great Sage".

EmperorDoom25 said:
Uhhh....his Info Analysis will tell him what exactly? Pretty sure it has never dealt with a being beyond his understanding
Not understanding is the first cue to being extremely cautious.

Is the avatar not High 7-A?

And yeah, he does have Food Chain in the LN, which also means he has Analyze and Assess, which is Info Analysis+Power Null.

PaChi2 said:
EmperorDoom25 said:
Uhhh....his Info Analysis will tell him what exactly? Pretty sure it has never dealt with a being beyond his understanding
Not understanding is the first cue to being extremely cautious.
Yes, and thats why he wouldnt use BFR especifically....unless he has done something similar before

EmperorDoom25 said:
If the characters doesn't resists it, it tell him his Opponent's abilities.

Would the true form be able to bring back the avatar or just make another avatar in its place if hes BFRd?

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
If he's told via Info Analysis, that BFR is an effective tactic... why would he not do it?
Because Rimuru has literally tons of other abilities at his disposal

Has he ever encountered someone that he couldnt analyse it? What did he do?

Rimuru analyzes... everything. He's so unbelievably cautious he nerfs himself, and the strengths of those around him.

As of currently he hasn't encountered anyone he couldn't analyze (iirc).

Well, he couldn't analyze Milim's entire power (only a "low ball estimate" instead) nor her Drago Buster, but that's probably due to her having an Ultimate Skill.

Does Penny even resist Info Analysis?
The issue here is that Great Sage will probably be unable to tell Rimuru about something that he cant understand (1-A entity controlling the Avatar)

Actually if there is something that's beyond measurement, Great Sage can still give a partial or "lowest estimate" analysis result. It's not like the analysis fails completely just because a part of it didn't work as intended.

So Great Sage would be able to at the minimum give some sort of warning that there are "extreme anomalies within the target's eyes - it is strongly recommended to avoid eye contact", but the analysis of strengths and weaknesses of the remaining body, including the shapeshifting ability and the fact that it's being puppeteered should become appearent.

NeoSuperior said:
Actually if there is something that's beyond measurement, Great Sage can still give a partial or "lowest estimate" analysis result. It's not like the analysis fails completely just because a part of it didn't work as intended.
So Great Sage would be able to at the minimum give some sort of warning that there are "extreme anomalies within the target's eyes - it is strongly recommended to avoid eye contact", but the analysis of strengths and weaknesses of the remaining body, including the shapeshifting ability and the fact that it's being puppeteered should become appearent.
Yes, but Im pretty sure it wont tell him about the capability of the Avatar to ressurect or recreate himself, since its an action that comes from the True Form

If it's detected to be just a remote-controlled avatar, then the possibility of more avatars being sent would be taken into consideration.

But If Rimuru incapped or killed the avatar, he might also immidietly absorb the corpse or unconcious body... I don't even want to think about the discussion resulting from that. It feels like it would lead us down the road to a 500 posts VS thread again...

NeoSuperior said:
If it's detected to be just a remote-controlled avatar, then the possibility of more avatars being sent would be taken into consideration.
I asked and it look like Pennywise won't care to sent more avatars or help his avatar.

That almost sounds like the avatars are seperate (or "inferior copies") entities with seperate minds, which would mean no "1-A mind", not that it matters in this particular match.

That would be an incorrect assumption.

Penny's avatar is the "glove puppet" variety where it's just a physical body that the true form uses to interact with the universe.

Which is part of why damaging the true form actually hurts and incapacitates the avatar proportionally.

I asked and it look like Pennywise won't care to sent more avatars or help his avatar.

MrKing seemingly said the opposite earlier.

PsychoWarper said:
MrKing seemingly said the opposite earlier.
He did BFR or Incap would work on Pennywise which highlighted that Pennywise won't help his avatar unlike characters like SCP-682's.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
That would be an incorrect assumption.

Penny's avatar is the "glove puppet" variety where it's just a physical body that the true form uses to interact with the universe.

Which is part of why damaging the true form actually hurts and incapacitates the avatar proportionally.
That makes it difficult to set the exact boundary line though. So how about this: What abilities of the "true body" are restricted and what are the possible wincons that DON'T REQUIRE attacking (or haxing) the "true body" in any way, shape, or form? This last part is the most important because it determines whether or not there is even any point in making this a seperate key.

It's difficult to say, since a lot of those limits really aren't tested in the novel. But if I'm being reasonable:

BFR could work, although it would have to be somewhere Pennywise can't come back from, like an alternate dimension or something. It's possible the true form can manifest its avatar back into the universe it was BFR'd from, but there's not enough proof to say so, I don't think.

Mindhax probably won't work.

Doing something extremely hax that prevents the avatars from appearing on Earth could work.

Incapping some sort of non-fatal way like putting it to sleep or freezing it with absolute zero temperatures or something.

I'm spitballing here, but there should be quite a few ways to physically incap the avatar; just not anything that involves killing it or dealing with its mind or essence or whatever, for obvious reasons.

You could always try getting Gan to help. I hear he likes handing random deus ex machina saves to people who are supposed to be the heroes of the story.

Rimuru can seal Pennywise.

" The hero's Unlimited Imprisonment could hold its target captive in an infinite number of imaginary spaces for all of time. It wasn't some weak barrier that would allow casual interference with the real world.

~ Volume 1, Chapter 2 "
" Unlimited Imprisonment: Entombs the target in a complex number of spatial dimensions. "
~ Volume 5, Chapter 5

Rimuru can seal Pennywise.

" The hero's Unlimited Imprisonment could hold its target captive in an infinite number of imaginary spaces for all of time. It wasn't some weak barrier that would allow casual interference with the real world.

~ Volume 1, Chapter 2 "
" Unlimited Imprisonment: Entombs the target in a complex number of spatial dimensions. "
~ Volume 5, Chapter 5
Unlimited Imprisonment is only available as a skill for his 6-C key.

Oh, okay. So what are his wincons?
It is pretty much a Pseudo-sealing via Law manipulation Forcefield around Pennywise.

I still think the knock out from coercion would work as well due to lack of any resistances to hax (aside from mindhax) on Penny's side. Again, Coercion is an aura-based hax, not mindhax.

I have no idea what would happen if Rimuru tried to absorb Penny though.

NeoSuperior said:
I have no idea what would happen if Rimuru tried to absorb Penny though.
I think he will count as Incap since from my experience Pennywise is the not type of characters would make another avatar for combat.

Back