• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pennywise revisions: Part 1 (Tier, speed, durability, miscel.)

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
Hello there folks, welcome to the first revision of our adored Pennywise the dancing clown.

Here we all float. Let's float.

After reading IT, I realized that the profile needed a good revision, so here I am to start it. This part will be small since Im not covering the abilities and will only talk about the stats and some minor things. Note, however, that I wont be able to provide quotes since the copy I own is a translated physical edition.

Ready? Let's float.

-Name:

To the currently listed names I'd like to add a couple more: The Eternal One and The World Devourer (maybe it's Eater in the original?)

Likely female. It's stated several times at the end of the book that IT is, in fact, a she.

Older than the universe. Before creation, it was IT and the Turtle.

Tier

Varies
with transformations. Most are 9-B. At least High 7-A environmental destruction

This is for Avatar Pennywise: Varies comes from the fact that Pennywise adopts several forms, ranging from small children, to a giant plastic statue. Howevet, most of the forms she adopts are capable of tearing limbs apart or biting them off. The High 7-A change comes from the fact that the avatar supposedly responsible for the feat is not portrayed as specially stronger than any other form, and since the feat is an earthquake, I believe we should label it as environmental destructiom rather than AP.

Durability

Same as AP, only without the High 7-A part.

Speed

The quote comparing IT to a bullet train is a figure of speech and not meant to be taken literally. Therefore, her speed should be either athletic human (capable of pursuing Bill and Richie while they were riding a bike) or Unknown. I dont remember any other notable speed feat.

Stamina:

Very High, capable of acting non-stop during two years more or less before needing any rest.

Intelligence:

Manipulative and cunning, however, does not control her/his emotions and they can cloud its judgement. (The second part comes from her impulsive attempt of revenge against the gang that made him/her not consider predictable scenarios such as someone else besides Bill standing up to them. Who tries to murder a group of 5 people and expect only 1 of them to resist?). Fear affects them the most.

Range:

Extended melee range with most physical abilities. Few kilometers with weather manipulation and other abilities (can cover all of Derry). Not sure how far with Telepathy, Illusions and teleportation (helped Henry escape from the institution he was in, supposedly kept track of the gang's lifes outside of Derry, which includes reaching the UK).

And that's all for now.

Next part will be longer and will arrive somewhen this week and it'll include the abilities and weakness as well as explanations to each ability.

Thanks for reading.

Considering It is retroactively very heavily implied in Song of Susannah to be the Demon Elemental opposite the Beam Guardian Maturin, it's likely that it/she/whichever is actually hermaphroditic. (which all of the Elementals are) So if the gender on the page is being updated, that should probably be noted.

The rest seems perfectly fine, though.

Oh, boy. I forgot Stamina, Range and Intelligence. I will update the OP.

Im not sure if we can say Pennywise (avatar) is responsible for that.

DarkHunter89 said:
PaChi2 said:
Im not sure if we can say Pennywise (avatar) is responsible for that.
Well do we know that? It doesn't seem like it's true form threw him across the universe.
Either way, I don't think we can really rate that given 0.93c is the highest acceptable speed for a KE rating and a feat like that would have to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay above that to be visible.

I dont remember the exact quote, but I can assure you that its not literal.

It just means "very fast".

it's consistent for IT keeping up with multiple humans at once while completely toying around with them.

Cropfist said:
it's consistent for IT keeping up with multiple humans at once while completely toying around with them.
Well, how can we rate that.

Athletic human is still in that ballpark.

PaChi2 said:
Cropfist said:
Well, how can we rate that.

Athletic human is still in that ballpark.
athletic human can react to 7 serious humans at once with the level of casualness Pennywise did?

????

Pennywise never fought the 7 of them as adults.

If you are referring to when they were kids, you are going to tell me that a trained guy (athletic human) cant keep up with 7 children? Of which: one is obese, 1 has a serious "asthma" condition, another one never confronted IT directly (Stan),...

An athletic human can not do so while holding back their full physical power by billions of times, no. And these are armed, bloodlusted kids, some of whom did fight a grown man, should scale to the one who survived breaking a table (which is wall level) and hurt a guy who survived falling down a long well.

You just switched from talking about speed to talking about AP. The two are mutually exclusive.

Cropfist said:
An athletic human can not do so while holding back their full physical power by billions of times, no. And these are armed, bloodlusted kids, some of whom did fight a grown man, should scale to the one who survived breaking a table (which is wall level) and hurt a guy who survived falling down a long well.
Reactions, dood. Reactions.

There are no speed feats in IT to suggest Pennywise's manifestation is actually super mega hyper ultta fast.

Armed children? What does that have to do with the topic at hand? Pennywise didnt react to their weapon. Have you read the book? Because it seems you are talking about the movie, where there is an actual fight with IT, while in the book thete is not. What happened in the house can be summarized as: Pennywise tosses around the kids, injures Ben, is hurt by Bev, escapes.

Also wasn't one of the big downside of It was that whatever he turns too he needs to abide by the limits of what he transforms in?

Him transforming into Pennuwise and having massive speed goes completely against what the book says. AND OMG IT CHAPTER 2 IS TODAY **** YEAH my gf, friends and I are so freaking hype for it.

Also saw a stupid video theory of how It is a misunderstood creature and all that bs oof.

AshenCrow777 said:
Also wasn't one of the big downside of It was that whatever he turns too he needs to abide by the limits of what he transforms in?
Him transforming into Pennuwise and having massive speed goes completely against what the book says. AND OMG IT CHAPTER 2 IS TODAY **** YEAH my gf, friends and I are so freaking hype for it.

Also saw a stupid video theory of how It is a misunderstood creature and all that bs oof.
Yes. However IT can also be at multiple places at once.

Pennywise can create other manifestations besides the main one.

For example, IT was seen in three different places, by three different people, at the same time.

No indication despite "moving like a bullet train", which hyperbole or not indicates supernatural speed? I don't know what specifically about the Pennywise form bans super speed.

The point about the Losers' Club is that they are not just normal human stats, since I believe IT's page is or was composite.

I refuse to have Pennywise be a composite because the movie(s) differ a lot from the book.

And the Losers dont have supernatural physical stats.

They are regulat 11-12 years old children.

I got the quote:

"Ben looked into the pipe. It was about three feet in diameter and dark as a mineshaft. The inner ceramic surface of the pipe was crusted with stuff he didn't want to know about. That thrumming sound floated up hypnotically... and suddenly he saw something. He did not see it with his physical eyes, not at first, but with one buried deep in his mind.

It was rushing toward them, moving at express-train speed, filling the throat of this dark pipe from side to side; It was in Its own form now, whatever that might be; It would take some shape from their minds when It got here. It was coming, coming up from Its own foul runs and black catacombs under the earth, Its eyes glowing a feral yellowish green, coming, coming; It was coming."

Cropfist said:
They do in the film, and IT's page used to have pictures implying page used the film(s).
The page has never used the films as a source for feats, and that's exactly why the film images were removed.

Back