• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pennywise is female?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But when the dogsbody husband of the girl from before brought the writer's woman, It had put on no face-It did not dress when It was at home. The dogsbody husband had looked once and had dropped dead of shock, his face gray, his eyes filling with the blood that had squirted out of his brain in a dozen places. The writer's woman had put out one powerful, horrified thought—OH DEAR JESUS IT IS FEMALE—and then all thoughts ceased. She swam in the deadlights. It came down from Its place and took care of her physical remains; prepared them for later feeding. Now Audra Denbrough hung high up in the middle of things, crisscrossed in silk, her head lolling against the socket of her shoulder, her eyes wide and glazed, her toes pointing down.

Uh

Should gender be female?

I have been informed by MyKingofNegativity that this thread needs addressed, after he and I discussed how.....interesting....it is that people take it seriously.

Directly from him via Discord, in a discussion he and I both patently agree upon:

Pennywise being female is a really dumb misconception, and I'm getting a little tired of people spreading it around. The only implication of it comes from the limited perspective of someone who A) has no idea about the true nature of anything beyond her own universe (and thereby wouldn't recognize a being who transcends gender if it hit her in the face with its dick), and B) had just gone mad from seeing It's true form for herself and was left catatonic from the experience.
Not only does the being refer to itself as "It"-- not "She", but "It"-- throughout every internal monologue it has with itself in the novel (including, somewhat amusingly, the very quote in this OP), but later on in the continuity, the DT books imply that It is a Demon Elemental. Which would make the being hermaphroditic, and would further hammer home the fact that genders do not apply to it at all.
The only reason I can see for why this is even a discussion right now is because "Pennywise is really a girl" has a lot of meme potential in you people's eyes. And if you're really planning on misrepresenting canon for something like that, then I don't know what to say to you

~MrKing

They followed the trail of Its black blood—oily pools of ichor that ran and dripped into the cracks between the flagstones. But as the floor began to rise toward a semicircular black opening at the far side of the chamber, Ben saw something new: a trail of eggs. Each was black and rough-shelled, perhaps as big as an ostrich-egg. A waxy light shone from within them. Ben realized they were semitransparent; he could see black shapes moving inside. Its children, he thought, and felt his gorge rise. Its miscarried children. God! God!

Males don't lay eggs...

Males don't lay eggs...
They do if they're a being that is 1-A and quite literally transcends the very concept of biological constraint.

Just....maybe, maybe they do at that point. Especially considering said being self-identifies as an It

That doesent debunk my original quote where someone sees Pennywise true form and realizes its female right before dying because don't look at Eldritch horrors

I think you all might be looking too much into something that isn't supposed to make sense. I mean if this is the ONLY instance "It" is in any way referred to as female then it's not really enough evidence.

I mean it's horror, it's supposed to be strange and scary which is what the point of the text was. Not explore It's gender. So yeah I think it's just It showing itself like as a form and nothing else.

Zach, the character sees what their mind can construe as Pennywise's true form, for starters.

For intermediates, it debunks you entirely yes because Pennywise transcends the concept of gender, and a spider laying eggs is presumed to be female by a human whose mind cannot grasp anything else.

For advanced participants in the dialogue, as Mr King pointed out, hermaphroditic Demon Elementals are indeed a thing and allusions are made as such in regard to Pennywise, and to further support this notion Pennywise itself refers to itself as 'It', explicitly.

You're missing the forest for the trees here, mate

Penny is a being that trancend our own comprehension and concepts so there is no proof that it can be refered as a simple female or male .

It may prefer to appear as female(even that is wacky) for mortals but that is absolutly not his "true" gender .

It seems like the character should continue to be described as genderless or inapplicable. Do we need to write any explanations regarding this in a footnote section?

There seems to be a lot of weird sexism on this thread. But there probably isn't a single girl on VSBW so I guess it's fine-ish...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back