• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So the 1990 Pennywise is only restricted to only using the opponent's fear unlike the other Pennywise profiles where they use combat and other powers too?

And i'm guessing The Thing is afraid of fire or something related to heat.

Anyway, we'll be seeing a Dancing Clown being assimilated.

Unless Pennywise uses some sort of illusion of fire or something.

That weakness is sort of inconsistent throughout the miniseries. It's heavily implied and somewhat shown that he needs fear, but that didn't stop him from picking up and nearly killing Stan. I actually might have to reword that in the weaknesses section, because it seems more like not believing in IT or it's tricks as well as showing no fear seems to be what works.

Wasn't Stan afraid of Clowns?

So Pennywise was able to remain in his favourite form and it had the chance to nearly kill him (but didn't)

I mean, we kinda have no way of knowing if The Thing feels fear or not, as it's psychology is completely alien to us. Evidence suggests "no" as it's response to being tied to a chair and sussed out with the blood test wasn't to run away or try and weasel its way out, it was to roar and kill as many people as it could before going down. So yeah, Penny's fear ain't doing much here.

Pennywise creating an illusion of fire could be a win condition, and I don't see any resistance to telepathy, so maybe that might work.

I guess 2017 Pennywise would be much more fair, as IT also relied on using physical power unlike miniseries Pennywise. As seen during its fight with the losers club in the 2017 film and it doesn't need to use fear to gain an advantage. It can use fear as a power/ability as it can just use physical attacks. Mostly using shape shifting and stuff, and the Deadlights is one of it's if not, it's most powerful attack.

I just explained why it wouldn't. The Thing isn't scared of fire and the presence of fire doesn't dampen its ability to plan or think.

Also, Telepathy won't work. Each Cell that makes up the Thing is its own being, working towards its own interests. As soon as they're separated from the main body, they immediately prioritize their own survival over anything else. I doubt Pennt would be able to read the thoughts of such a being.

So, I'm still not sure what the clown is. Can it be assimilated? Also, I'm gonna need more info on it's electricity manip and it's reality warping.

I mean, unlike Book Pennywise, this version seems to be almost completely organic. It has supernatural powers, yes, but nothing suggests it doesn't have cells.

I don't think Necroes are a thing here anymore so i hope i'm safe by commenting here:

How does Thing get past Pennywise's immortalities? and can't Pennywise just manifest as fire to scare The Thing and win via BFR (by making it run away) or set it on fire?

Also this might sound a bit bullshit-ish but if Pennywise knows about The Thing's past victims like MacReady by reading it's memories with telepathy maybe Pennywise could mimick his voice to lure The Thing somewhere (since he has voice manipulation on his profile),or create illusions of The Thing's victims to confuse it.

Also could Pennywise confuse Thing by summoning fog? and how does Pennywise's possession work? because if it's just normal possession,i think Pennywise could just possess The Thing and end the fight there.

And Pennywise could possibly turn invisible to avoid The Thing and could mess with it with it's immersion ability depending on where they're fighting,idk about Penny's weather manipulation though.

Also considering Pennywise has teleportation he could teleport and use voice manipulation or teleport and create illusions,or teleport and turn invisible.

And with the deadlights,since it seems to be able to cause paralysis inducement,can Pennywise paralyze The Thing with them or atleast drive them insane to the point it can't fight anymore?

also how does Pennywise's telekinesis and reality warping work?

But for now,i'm gonna say the clown wins unless my arguments have alot of flaws,it's not necessarily a stomp,but i see Pennywise having more useful hax / abilities.

Although,what does Pennywise start with? and considering The Thing has assimiliated a human,i could see Pennywise just thinking it's just some guy and messing around with Human-Thing for a bit before Thing reveals it's true self.

Bump (i know i didn't make the thread but i saw some other users in other threads do bumps even when they're not the creators of the threads so i hope this is fine)

I'm.... very hesitant to say that Penny's mind piwers will work on The Thing. It's pretty explicitly stated that every cell of The Thing is a seperate organism. That's an extremely different type of mind when compared to what Penny normally reads/drives insane.

The Wright Way said:
I'm.... very hesitant to say that Penny's mind piwers will work on The Thing. It's pretty explicitly stated that every cell of The Thing is a seperate organism. That's an extremely different type of mind when compared to what Penny normally reads/drives insane.
The Thing doesn't resist possession though,also how does Pennywise's reality warping work?

also i know this is 1990 Pennywise but Pennywise is still some kind of eldritch being / extradimensional entity (he calls himself the "Eater of Worlds" in a scene,i'm not saying he's powerful like Novel Pennywise i'm just saying that he also is kinda incomphrensible to human minds since he's still some kind of eldritch entity) so why can't the deadlights affect The Thing? especially when The Thing has shown to have emotions,and it's shown to have atleast some kind of intelligence.

Yeah, pretty sure you'd have to be able to effect every cell in The Thing's body to properly control The Thing. Which is a level of potency this Pennywise simply doesn't have. Also, Possession was only ever used once from my recollection.

Still,Pennywise is still some kind of incomphrensible being in general (although 1990 is nowhere near as powerful as 2017 and Novel Pennywises),he should be able to read The Thing's mind.

Also depending on the location of this fight,i might have an idea for a Pennywise wincon: Maybe trying to manipulate people and influence them to go get fire related weapons and hunt down The Thing maybe,since he has social influencing.

Also how does Pennywise's telekinesis work? and Pennywise could use his teleportation to keep himself away from The Thing.

Simply being an incomprehensible being doesn't mean much if it lacks the feats to mindhax every cell in The Thing's body.

Social Influencing has only ever worked on children. Besides, most people in New York are going to raise a few eyebrows at a clown trying to convince them to light a seemingly ordinary man on fire.

I'm just countering arguements right now. I'll give my true opinion later.

Still,how is The Thing supposed to get Pennywise? if Pennywise doesn't want to be seen,he won't be seen since he can make himself invisible to people along with having teleportation.

Also again how does Pennywise's reality warping and telekinesis work? also how big are the storms 1990 Pennywise can make? i haven't seen the miniseries yet i know things about it so i apologize for being..uhh..a bit ignorant about it.

Also can't Pennywise still atleast paralyze The Thing with the deadlights? not necessarily mindhax,just paralyze.

And Pennywise could confuse The Thing with fog and illusions to get away too.

Mind manip won't work on the Thing because it's a colony of billions of mindless cells mimicking a person and not actually a singular entity. Penny could control the complex mind formed by the collective, but then the individual cells would just begin breaking down until they are free, which would likely be immediately as the mind being controlled would no longer exist. Basically, as soon as Pennywise pulls out the dead lights and paralyzes the Thing, it falls apart into dozens to hundreds of tiny scurrying creatures.

And seeing as how this is New York, said creatures than proceed to assimilate tons of people.

Given an hour, Penny will be fighting nearly half of New York.

The Wright Way said:
And seeing as how this is New York, said creatures than proceed to assimilate tons of people.

'Given an hour, Penny will be fighting nearly half of New York.
Except not, cause according to some people here, civilians don't exist in vs matches.

Terminator vs The Thing would beg to differ. So long as that match us in the profiles I'm keeping my argument.

Hey, it ain't me saying that. In a recent match (I forget which one), civilians were brought up (I think by me specifically) and a bunch of people said SBA assumes a completely sterile version of Central Park as the battle ground.

So uhh how does Pennywise have a wincon?

Thing can literally just assimiliate most of New York and overpower him like that and most of Pennywise's tricks are countered by the fact The Thing's mind is complex so he wouldn't be able to even find out fears or weaknesses.

Even if Pennywise has his immortalities i think Thing could just outlast him and make him go back to sleep by attacking him constantly,the only way Pennywise survives is if he turns invisible and runs away but then Thing still wins via BFR or if Pennywise uses his immersion abilities to go in a book and hide from Human-Things,and if Pennywise tries to attack Thing in anyway it will regenerate and then assimiliate and rip Penny apart,turning him in a Pennywise-Thing.

Pennywise's illusions and fog might confuse Thing for a bit but apart from that,i don't see what wincon Pennywise can have.

and Possession apparently won't work and Pennywise apparently doesn't seem to use it that much anyways.

Not trying to sound biased but this kinda seems a bit...stomp-ish.

Back