• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beep Beep, Bitc- I mean Richie - Pennywise (1990 Miniseries) Rework.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gewsbumpz_dude

Username Only
Introduction
I might have a problem, either that or I am bored out of my mind.

Made another rewrite, but for the 1990 Miniseries adaptation of IT. Here is the current profile if you want to compare the two.

Notable Changes
As her usual, there are things that should be brought up here. But at least there is only one thing this time

Low-Godly Regen or Avatar Creation.
Just like with the 2000s movies, the Deadlights aren't some transcendent true form of Pennywise, but also unlike the 2000s movies, the Deadlights and Pennywise are the very same entity. The clown we all know is just a physical body the Deadlights adopt in order to feed, wearing it like a suit (We see this a couple of times, but the best showing of this is when Beverly broke a hole in Penny's head, and the Deadlights started beaming out of the hole).

So basically, the Deadlights make a physical body for itself. I narrowed this down to either Low-Godly regen or Avatar Creation, we can discuss which one fits more here. Personally, I'm fine with either (Or both), but I am leaning towards Low-Godly, considering this exact thing has allowed other characters to have Low-Godly (I.E. Bill Cipher).

Votes
Agree:

Disagree:

Neutral:

General Note: If you are planning on watching the IT Miniseries, avoid watching the movies first. I think that was one of the main reasons why making this rewrite was such a boring, long-ass drag. At least Tim Curry was there, albeit he was impossible to take seriously.

Also don't ask me to do book Pennywise. The audiobook for that damned novel is ******* 45 hours long.

pennywise.png

Instructions unclear, forcing you to revise the entirety of the Dark Tower
Anyways off a look it seems fine

Some things were missed during transition, yes.

I first made this page on another wiki, and bringing it over to this one, so let that explain those.

I can agree with the low-godly in this case, as while the deadlights are shown as light beaming out of the clowns body (which would be High regen as light possesses wave-particle duality), the light is essentially a representation of the disembodied consciousness the clown body contains

This consciousness is what's possessing the town in order to ignore the horrors that happens in it (this relationship got explored when Beverly flashbacks back to an old man ignoring the bullies tormenting her)

Thus Low Godly seems fine

I'd change it to "possibly Class 25" since doing it to a child might yield notably lower results than doing it to an adult.

Also, that render for Pennywise is... a tad questionable. Mostly his hands, like... Pennywise wears gloves, what are those hands?

Also, that render for Pennywise is... a tad questionable. Mostly his hands, like... Pennywise wears gloves, what are those hands?
Human hands. Presumably Tim Curry when he isn't wearing the gloves.

It is the best full body picture for Tim Curry's Pennywise that I can find. All the other pictures of him don't show his full body, or are low in resolution.

You'd need to revise Dark Tower Cosmology to do Book Pennywise...
I do have an Internet Archive link to a copy of Stephen King's IT saved on my computer, in case I want to get into it.

Edit: Nevermind. Someone else can cover that version of Pennywise.

Last edited:
Added audio files to the quotes, just like the TV Series Omni-Man page. They don't provide any practical use, I just thought they were a fun addition to the page (Especially since the Prince Albert quote can only be enjoyed with Tim Curry's performance).

Also, while we are here, can someone edit the "Articles about Pennywise" thing to say "2000s Movies" instead of "2017 movie"? Obviously, the newer Pennywise has more than just the first film in 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back