• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Paper Shredding (Mario Profile Revision)

The other games are clearly a sequel to it
Sorry. I believe those are just referential easter eggs? /hj

(and the storybook thing is just headcanon
So Thousand Year Door and Sticker Star outright showing the game being a book is headcanon?

Plus, again, there's two different games, Paper Mario 64 included, that show Paper Mario 64 being a book

Not to mention Paper Jam

which the intro of PM1 basically contradicts on its own
Also remind me how it's contradicted? Tape if I remember correctly?

I'm not doing this, sorry, the discussion was had, these points were (mostly) made, you should have been there to make these arguments, I'm not gonna go and dig for the same counterpoints yet again, this isn't the thread.

I will specify though, when I said the storybook thing was headcanon, I meant the "Paper Mario is an adventure featuring the real Mario, then adapted into an in-universe book by Herringway" theory. Should have been clearer.

Last edited:
And even if you want to ignore that, we literally know a book was written based off Paper Mario 64 called "Paper Mario" (or "Mario's Story" in Japanese) at the end of Paper Mario 64, which we also see in Luigi's Mansion. So even by the argument of "they're referencing the game title" we STILL know they'd have that title in-verse without looking at meta-knowledge
Ok but, that isn't what's happening. The Block is referencing the game title, not the book title, just like how the other blocks say the game title.
Not to mention Paper Jam
Paper Jam is like, the very reason why the games are a book is why it cant be apart of the mainline. Because the book (containing the PM universe) in question absolutely wasn't written by anyone in-universe (or at least not anyone in recent memory), it's old enough to have been completely forgotten by everyone, begin collecting dust, they continuously use singular pronouns for it (meaning it's a unique book, which I mean, obviously? Not many books just happen to contain alternate universes). Saying that the Paper Jam book is anything but a unique case, aka, the PM book is anything but unique, is just missing the point of it.

Saying that the Paper Jam book is anything but a unique case, aka, the PM book is anything but unique, is just missing the point of it.
I agree Paper Jam is a unique book. Never said it wasn't.

But that doesn't change that there are still other books based off these adventures that exist (again Luigi's Mansion)

I agree Paper Jam is a unique book. Never said it wasn't.

But that doesn't change that there are still other books based off these adventures that exist (again Luigi's Mansion)
Yeah, but it's just, if the PM Book isn't a readily published book made after the fact, then there being books about Mario's adventures in-universe ultimately don't matter. All that matters is if the book in question is one of them (it isnt).

Unless that was still talking about the SSS Block, in which case, in context it's obviously talking about the game title, just like 3 and World.

Back