• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Brawl Stars speed buff

In this Twitter post, it displays Max being able to run fast enough to make a whole blur of light behind her. What tier this would be? Not sure, however I'd go with Subsonic, since I'm sure Superhuman speed movement blurs don't tend to be, say... as refined I'd say?

And I'd argue this scales to other Brawlers, as even though Max is faster than all of them (other than Mortis), with her base movement speed, she's not so fast that she's really in a different tier to other Brawlers I'd say, she can still cover the same amount of distance as any other Brawler (other than 8-Bit) in her base movement speed with the only difference being a couple of seconds. And nothing here implies or shows that she's used her Super beforehand, nor is it her dashing Gadget since she has no forcefield.

This is a buff because right now Brawlers are listed at Average Human travel speed.

Last edited:
I think that's just a comic design. It's probably better to scale off her dodging the bullets
Wait, so the type of entertainment medium affects the same feat displayed in cartoons and films? What are the regulations of that?

(Also the controlled Colt isn't even aiming at her, just sort of going crazy, so not sure if scaling to bullets is viable here)

Wait, so the type of entertainment medium affects the same feat displayed in cartoons and films? What are the regulations of that?
Like, OPM has several instances of characters performing such a feat, like with Suiryu/Choze and Flashy Flash/Garou/Platinum S, but they have other context to give them ratings like Hypersonic+ or FTL (soon to be downgraded, though). Here, the only other context that can be used is that Max is moving fast and avoiding Colt's bullets after they were fired
(Also the controlled Colt isn't even aiming at her, just sort of going crazy, so not sure if scaling to bullets is viable here)
Perhaps Subsonic+ to Transonic since she speed-blitzed Colt. But that would mean other Brawlers don't scale to her

Oh yeah, and while this thread is still up, why don't characters scale to dodging Shelly's shotgun blasts for reaction speed? Her shotgun looks closest to being a stylized Sawn-Off Shotgun (look at her shotgun model, point out the features), which is Supersonic. Characters in-game can't dodge them normally since the spread is considerably wide, but if Shelly's using her Clay Pigeons Gadget, her attack becomes focused in one area, which means Brawlers can now dodge it, even with the projectile speed boost to compensate.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, and while this thread is still up, why don't characters scale to dodging Shelly's shotgun blasts for reaction speed? Her shotgun looks closest to being a stylized Sawn-Off Shotgun (look at her shotgun model, point out the features), which is Supersonic. Characters in-game can't dodge them normally since the spread is considerably wide, but if Shelly's using her Clay Pigeons Gadget, her attack becomes focused in one area, which means Brawlers can now dodge it, even with the projectile speed boost to compensate.
Bump

Seems...reasonable.

Back