• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ozpin vs Crocodile

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
I'm inclined to agree with LordGinSama and Cin now with their reasonings.
Except theyre not directly arguing in crocodile's favor, me and them are just trying to work things out on how the fight would play out

They're giving rebuttals to your initial reasoning of why Oz wins and I'm paying attention to both and agreeing with them. Cin already provided a large comment at the beginning of why Croco wins, so adding along to this I'm siding with it.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
This is sounding like a stamina match. Whose is better?
Crocodile because he was unfazed when he was placed into boiling water in Impel Down and fought onward despite having injuries in the Marineford War.

Ozpin never had a good feat like that let alone any RWBY character.

Also I'll say my reasons on why Croco boy wins later but for now I agree with Cins reasoning.

Also Oz should have the stamina advantage as he should be far above Maiden Cinder who could endure intense training for days on end before becoming exhausted

WeeklyBattles said:
Also Oz should have the stamina advantage as he should be far above Maiden Cinder who could endure intense training for days on end before becoming exhausted
The same could be said for Croc ever since his downfall he was in impel down repeatedly being tortured and was locked in the worst of the levels. When he got out he didn't seemed to be weakened at all. At least Cinder had time to rest while Croc did not.

? You did not rebut "most" of my argument. You're just saying "No" and coming up with fallacies as a means to disprove me, when in fact, many of your points against mine ended up neutral, or in Crocodile's favor.

Ozpin will have to resort to trial and error in order to find a weakness for Crocodile, as he's clearly not going to think of his weakness out of the blue as you keep suggesting. And no, it's not ice, like you keep trying to say. Crocodile on the other hand merely has to be blunt, and if and when he slips through Ozpin's defenses before Ozpin comes up with a sure-fire way to beat Crocodile, a single grapple or Barrchan will either cripple or incapacitate Ozpin.

Training for a few days versus a fight to the death is entirely different. She didn't take punishment. All she did was fire off until she ran out of energy. It's not like those Grimm were shown giving her a hard time. She was having a hard time attacking in the first place due to her scars.

@Cin I said ice would work once, then people explained that it wouldnt and i conceded, im not just saying 'no', im trying to have a genuine debate here.

Sandstorms get countered by wind manip and weather manip, and potentially Oz's TK if he so chooses, Croc's dehydration and poison cant get through Oz's aura and he has to get past Oz's bubble shield before he can get to Oz's aura in the first place.

Yeah that only makes the stamina feat better as she was injured at the time as well.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Cin

2. And Oz can blow that one away just as easily.

3. Yes, Tyrian has acidic poison and he had to wait until Qrow's aura was down before he could use it on him.

4. Oz can fly to avoid touching the ground. And yes actually, Flynt walked away from being pushed into lava no worse for wear because of his aura, yang can set herselt on fire, characters can be unaffected by the cold of being encased in ice, the heat of lightning and close range explosions, fire, etc.

6. Yes the guys above have already explained it, vaping steel > melting granite
1. I highly doubt the Wizard has Weather Manipulation each life is different for example Ozpin doesn't have the powers to change the weather neither Oscar. So he isn't until you show me Ozpin doing it.

2. Qrows aura wasn't down he just got scratched by Tyrian when he saved Ruby, and his venom is not acidic it never melted anything. If anything force fields in RWBY are inconsistent.

3. If your saying he can fly based on using his weapon it wouldn't be effective when he is right in the middle of a sandstorm. The lava was artificial if so Flynt would have died, that's Yang using her semblance not actual fire and Cinder was flash frozen.

No, all mages can do the same stuff, they just... don't, cuz plot.

It was down

Still, croc wins this easily with cins reasoning

Or they have a different set of capabilities unless your telling me all Maidens the same abilities despite being assigned to a different seasons.

Number1Tryhard said:
Or they have a different set of capabilities unless your telling me all Maidens the same abilities despite being assigned to a different seasons.
They do, as stated by WoG. It's stupid, as critics like to point out

And its not like they keep their tematic elements (spring using ice)

Number1Tryhard said:
They do have all the same abilities

Number1Tryhard said:
1. He does, even in a past incarnation he demonstrated weather manipulation and there's no reason to assume he doesnt have it. Ozpin has been fused with Oscar for maybe a month or two at this point and has only been training for a fraction of that time, Oz even stated that Oscar wouldnt have his powers until later and that they would gradually return.

2. Yes it was, both of their auras were explicitly shown to be dow. And yes actually it is acidic, it melted the stone it dripped onto.

3. No, he can fly just by virtue of flying. He doesnt need his weapon to fly, he can do it on his own. Weiss without her aura was burned.

@Weekly - Again: Cinder was fighting regular Grimm. None of them are shown to have harmed her in any way. She fell merely because she was tired and hurt from before. She couldn't even handle a group of Grimm without being serious.

Crocodile prevented rain from falling onto Alabasta, and it only fell once he was rendered unconscious. He's negated the climate of the country with his power. Weather manipulation isn't going to counter his ability to affect the weather.

1. He does, even in a past incarnation he demonstrated weather manipulation and there's no reason to assume he doesnt have it. Ozpin has been fused with Oscar for maybe a month or two at this point and has only been training for a fraction of that time, Oz even stated that Oscar wouldnt have his powers until later and that they would gradually return.

2. Yes it was, both of their auras were explicitly shown to be dow. And yes actually it is acidic, it melted the stone it dripped onto.

3. No, he can fly just by virtue of flying. He doesnt need his weapon to fly, he can do it on his own. Weiss without her aura was burned.

1. The King of Vale wasn't a past incarnation of Ozpin it was never stated (Even Jaune being a descendant is more plausible) meaning it's just another assumption however the Oscar part is agreeable seeing his powers hasn't developed.

2. Agreed but aura never guarded against acidic attacks.

3. Because Maidens can fly then due to Cinder using her flames, if so I don't see him making it out of the storm due to focusing on his flight. Otherwise I do not recall such a thing. Weiss was knocked down her aura would still be up unless it was shown like the fight you posted.

4. Ozpin can neither hurt or hit Crocodile because of Logia Intangibility, even if Ozpin froze him and broke him to pieces he would still regenerate (Watch Aokiji vs Whitebeard), he can disperse to dodge his attacks and the fact physical strength is mute.

5. Ozpin can't attack while using his force field meaning he would be on the defensive and it would deplete him of his aura making Crocodile kill him easily with poison/dehydration. And he can't outlast Crocodile by the virtue of being an One Piece character having lots of stamina based feats like being locked up in the worlds worst prison tortured day in and day out to only later fight in a war facing monsters like Mihawk/Akainu (He didn't even bat an eye despite the power difference).

I believe that croc wins, but some things I do want to point out

Number

1 No, but it was as close to a statement you can get without being litiraly told it. Especialy as stuff like the relics were known by him.

2 It's a forcefield around someon's body, acidic elements that need physical contact are logicly unaffective, and you would need to explain why something that needs contact doesn't get stopped by something that stops physical contact.

3 No... cinder did fly, as did raven, whitout going full tony stark.

4 The idea is to freeze and leave him like that, wich ends up in incapoacitation. I did point out the dispersing above however.

5Again, contact based attacks need to break aura first. Most of the reast is true tough.

Ozpin was indirectly confirmed to be the king of vale though. It was stated in the WoR that the king of Vale founded the huntsman academies, and Qrow told us that Ozpin's predecessor founded the schools. Plus Ozpin told Oscar that he built them.

Back