• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ozpin vs Crocodile

1. I don't see why he couldn't freeze him.

2.Ozpin is a unknown amount higher than 2 megatons.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
1 not in character, but possibly.

2 around 2.5 megatons.
We don't know what Prime Ozpin does in character, we've never seen him fight before so how he acts or fights is unknown.

I mean

We can't necessarily say it's completely out of character for a guy with thousands of years of expirience to think of a way to beat a guys regen

Pretty sure he wasn't that ols in his prime, as time activly makes him weaker.

Plus, even if he did start with it, freezing never had that big of a range and once crocodile disperses himself it would become impossible to use properly

Crocodile takes it. Logia Dispersion is an issue that Ozpin has to get past in order to even dish out damage. While Ozpin is having to deal with that obstacle, all Crocodile has to do is hit Ozpin with one of his sand attacks, and that would leave Ozpin as a mummy.

No not sand restraint im talking about the sand attacks Cin is referring to, the ones that drain moisture on contact

Meanwhile Oz can just freeze croc and he'd be done for

If the Sand thing is reflected by his Aura Im inclined to say Oz freezes his ass Sub Zero style

I'll wait before voting

It doesnt, it stops contact which is required for Crocodile to moisture drain. If Croc takes his aura down he can drain Oz

Also Oz has bubble forcefields as an added layer of defense

By hitting the opponent with attacks

Which will be hard considering Oz has bubble shields and frontal forcefields as added barriers preventing him from taking damage

? Oz is not all knowing. He isn't going to instantly go for freezing. He has a wide array of abilities and their initial engagement isn't going to be favorable for him. and Crocodile needing to break through the Aura just to TOUCH Oz is not anywhere near as much of an issue as Ozpin having to cope with the following:

1) Logia Dispersion - Crocodile's sand-body is virtually immune to any physical attacks, and similarly to most elemental based assaults with some exceptions.

2) Storm Creation - Crocodile is known to summon sand-storms on a whim from the palm of his hand. He has also shown the ability to disperse and fuse with the sand storm, hiding among it. Having to fight in the middle of sand being flung around you, limiting vision, limiting movement, and basically being surrounded by your opponent's weapon and possibly body makes for a severe disadvantage.

3) Poison - Let's not forget that Crocodile has a toxin within his hook, that melts objects upon contact. If Ozpin is struck by that, he is surely going to be wobbling from a graze--incapacitated by a direct hit.

4) Change in the environment - As seen with his second fight with Luffy, Crocodile has displayed the ability to turn a large area into a desert with the palm of his hand.

5) Dehydration - Merely touching the sand coming from Crocodile's body will suck out all the water from Ozpin's body, but of course, he has to directly hit the body, and the aura/force-fields will slow this down.

3 and 4 are the only things Crocodile wouldn't resort to in-character unless he is losing, but that's only been seen with someone he viewed as a "rookie" and had already casually bested in their first encounter. But 1, 2 and 5 are things he jumps to immediately.

I'd also like to see, outside of weather manipulation, Ozpin having range of kilometers, as i don't remember seeing Maidens possessing more than a couple hundred meters with their attacks.

@Cin

1. Ice is frozen water, the kryptonite of devil fruit users

2. Oz can create sorms at will with the wave of his hand as well as strong winds which would hard counter a sandstorm.

3. The hook wont work until Oz's aura goes down.

4. Not sure how that helps...?

5. Aura, forcefields, and flight prevent this from happening.

Oz also has fire hot enough to melt granite into liquid and then harden into obsidian instantly, using that on Crocodile would screw him over big time by turning him into glass.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Cin

1. Ice is frozen water, the kryptonite of devil fruit users

2. Oz can create sorms at will with the wave of his hand as well as strong winds which would hard counter a sandstorm.

3. The hook wont work until Oz's aura goes down.

4. Not sure how that helps...?

5. Aura, forcefields, and flight prevent this from happening.

Oz also has fire hot enough to melt granite into liquid and then harden into obsidian instantly, using that on Crocodile would screw him over big time by turning him into glass.

1: Not necessarily true. Kuzan is made of ice, he's frozen multiple DF users without them getting weakened from the water.

2: Feats of Oz actually doing so? I don't recall Oz ever having this ability or doing it in character.

3: Fair.

4: Gives Crocodile the ability to sneak attack, greater range, etc. A environmental advantage if you will.

5: Aura isn't gonna last forever. The only issue I see is the Force Field.

6: Crocodile fought Akainu. Who's fire is objectively hotter than Cinder's. Even then I doubt his fire would be as hot as hers.

1. The ice would keep Crocodile contained as well as Oz should have ice superior to the likes of Raven, whose ice Cinder couldnt break out of even though she mains fire based abilities.

2. During the Great War the king of Vale, who is heavily implied to be a previous incarnation of Ozpin, won a critical battle with the help of violent and unnatural weather that showed up out of nowhere in the middle of a desert. He also gets weather manip via Amber and Raven showing the ability to do so as he was the one who gave them the ability to do so in the first place.

4. Sneak attacking will be hard given how Oz gets greatly enhanced senses and extrasensory perception from his aura

5. Never said it would last forever and i in fact agreed that if Crocodile took out his aura he could dehydrate Oz. The only problem is actually taking down his aura, which Oz will make very hard to do.

6. The temperature of magma is 700 Celsius. The melting point of granite is 1215 Celsius. Cinder's fire is hotter than Akainu's magma.

1: Never said it wouldn't contain him. Simply fixing your previous point since it wasn't right.

2:Scans of him doing so in character? Oh wait

3: You asked what it could do. I answered. As the OP I'm not gonna debate.

4: Agreed.

5: Akainu vaporized Steel just by being near it. He vaporized a massive ice berg in a second and bypassed the heat resistance of Portgas D Ace. Who's immune to Flames ( Highly resistant) due to how the Logia Devil Fruit works. Cinders fire isn't shit compared to Akainu's.

Ah okay, that'd be over 3000 celsius, but when did Baroque Crocodile fight Akainu? And it was explained in the series that its because Akainu's magma devours flames that he can damage Ace was it not?

@Weekly -

1) Oh, i wish you told me that was the argument. Care to explain how Doflamingo was completely unphased after being frozen by Kuzan? DF users are clearly unaffected by Ice. Your argument is moot, as Ice never debilitated any DF user strong enough to get out of it.

2) Crocodile can make another sand-storm <_<. It's not like he creates one and then he can't do so anymore.

3) You mean to tell me the acidic toxin wouldn't burn through Ozpin's aura?

4) Changing the environment into a desert gives Crocodile a massive advantage by increasing his range of attack, the effectiveness of his ability, and not to mention that's another way for him to dehydrate Ozpin, as he can dry anything touching the ground.

• In fact, how does a barrier prevent one from being afflicted from severe climate conditions? Have they been seen adding resistance to intense heat/cold?
6) I wont bother discussing Akainu as his power has only been moderately explored during Marineford, but I'm pretty certain he has been shown melting stone.

That's how he bypassed his Intang. He burnt Ace with the heat of his Magma despite his high resistance to heat. As for Baroque Crocodile I'd assume the feat would still scale since Croc's sand is always the same.

@Cin

2. And Oz can blow that one away just as easily.

3. Yes, Tyrian has acidic poison and he had to wait until Qrow's aura was down before he could use it on him.

4. Oz can fly to avoid touching the ground. And yes actually, Flynt walked away from being pushed into lava no worse for wear because of his aura, yang can set herselt on fire, characters can be unaffected by the cold of being encased in ice, the heat of lightning and close range explosions, fire, etc.

6. Yes the guys above have already explained it, vaping steel > melting granite

Back