• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Shortly saying dialogues and interactions in overwatch can give us some sort of feats and/or abilities.

For instance Reaper could hear a heartbeat of Baptiste through that dialogue.

Or also should probably noted that Winston can talk with animals which not only was confirmed by developers but also Winston could talk normally with Hammond who used only squeaks during the dialogue.(the ability to communicate should also probably be note for Hammond and that gives a little but info about that Hammond's pod feat).

If there's more dialogues which would give us something we would know as soon as possible, at this moment:

Enhanced Senses for Reaper.

Some sort of "Automatic translation" for Hammond and Winston.

Last edited:
I think I would now update their pages now.

Though a little problem which is about me and not about an abilities. I guess I was banned from editing (probably because once I edited Raz's profile(something something, new Raz thread promotion) too much when I was noticing some grammar mistakes of mine(or because of me making a little mistake with Sandbox of creating Apollo Justice)). A question would be where I can ask for unbanning and/or at least explaining the situation?

Remind me again why we consider voiceline interactions canon?

Yeah but, gameplay is non-canon. Would the interactions also not be non-canon? Considering Reaper working with Baptise is massively out of character?

Yeah but, gameplay is non-canon. Would the interactions also not be non-canon? Considering Reaper working with Baptise is massively out of character?
I mean, maybe Reaper meeting and teaming with Baptise would be like, totally out of character, but the statement is that Reaper could hear his heartbeat, I guess that it shouldnt be a problem to accept it

Well, of course Talon working with Overwatch and others is indeed non canon, but that shouldn't mean the interactions itself were made just because and without a reason. They're at least composing a story and gives more about a character's lore.

For instances Pharah, Lucio and others made their plans to new year (Pharah visiting father at Canada, Lucio giving skates). In same winter event in Rein and Torb's interaction was mentioned Torb dressing up as Santa (which actually happened).

Baptiste is interacting with Mercy about their previous meeting. Winston and Tracer talking about Rein's retirement, Sigma talking that he saw Winston when he was a child and well, more and more(even Sombra interactions with basically everyone is something).

Which interactions shouldn't be considered as canon is more obviously actually. Revenge of Junkerstein event and Yeti hunt which are non canon to story lines itself despite having references to original canon storyline.

I think they can be used, they are there to let us know more about their relationships and stuff, pretty much like special interactions between characters in fighting games.

I personally have no problem using them as long as they are not inconsistent or contradict primary sources.

A question would be where I can ask for unbanning and/or at least explaining the situation?
Would remain this question, cause I'm close to computer to add stuff.

(obviously debate is still open but to be prepared to use my PC when it would be over).

I mean I'm not really sure myself about the protocol for this situation. I just feel like if we treat the gameplay aspect of the game as non-canon, it should also encompass the in-game voice lines as well.

To point out more we have a verse where we are considering stuff which doesn't directly canonically happened. So it can be just me but that little stuff as interaction shouldn't much affect canon line itself. As much as there's no pure good or pure evil but something bottom.

Ok at this moment I will add Hammond and Winston stuff cause of being confirmed by developers themselves, I'll leave Reaper stuff up to debate at the moment.

Ok I added Hammond and Winston stuff since it was confirmed not only in dialogues but officially by creators.

Reaper stuff is can be debated at moment.

Back