• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord Speed Revision.... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jucaslucas said:
Anyway, supersonic for Ainz and Shalltear, and subsonic for the rest, right?
Supersonic reactions for Ainz, yeah. I think his movement speed should be subsonic. Although Perfect Warrior Ainz is definately Supersonic.

Jucaslucas said:
Just noticed that they started at ftl and are supérsonic now. lol
How the mighty have fallen, lol.

But yeah, that's what happens when an entire verse is scaled from a single feat and that feat turns out to be wrong.

Jucaslucas said:
I know this is quite old, but to point out, Albedo calc is vastly underselled (just like the author of the blog though it might be if use anime version of the feat).

The calc is made taking into account that Albedo would be one meter behind Ainz, but just like the Anime, in the begining of the scene Ainz order Albedo to stand back so he can use the Negative Burst, The Novel don't specifically said how large is the radius of the negative burst, but is was large enough to slay 40 angels in and instant that were rushing toward him, so it should be at least 15 meters wide.

Of course whe don't need to make the radius move, as it would make no sense, but even using straight 15 meters makes the feat a lot more impressive (putting Albero between mach 5 and 6).

(Of course in the anime the negative burst have travels far beyond 15 meters)

He does. Someone would have to redo the calc with the new distance if we want to get anything out of this, though. Maybe post this in the calc request thread?

Kind of forgot about this. lol

Anyway, this is what the novel says: "All angels, attack! Hurry!" Every one of the Archangel Flames shot toward Ainz like bullets. "What a lively lot… Albedo, step back." Nigun could hear the cool, calm voice of someone who was being attacked by angels, but did not care. Ainz was surrounded by so many angels that nobody could even see him, but yet his voice did not carry even the slightest hint of worry. It looked like he would be impaled by countless blades — no, Ainz's spell took effect before that. "[Negative Burst]."' 'The air shuddered. A wave of black radiance erupted from Ainz, like the negative image of a camera flash. It only lasted for an instant, but it had an immediate and obvious effect. "Im-impossible…" Someone muttered those words, carried by the wind. They could not believe what was happening before their eyes. The angels, over 40 of them, had been annihilated by the black wave. Their opponent had not used dispel magic to neutralize the summons. The angels that were blown away by the black wave had taken damage. In other words, Ainz had used a powerful spell to wipe out all the angels in one fell swoop.'' Nigun could not help but tremble. He recalled the words of the Kingdom's strongest warrior, Gazef Stronoff. "...Hmph, you fool. In that village… is a man who is stronger than me. His power is unfathomable, but he could take you all out by himself… Trying to kill… the villagers he protects… is impossible for you." The scene before him proved the truth of those words. Nigun erased those words from his mind, trying desperately to bring himself over. Nigun knew that the members of the strongest special ops group, the Black Scripture, could also eliminate this many angels. In other words, all he had to do was treat Ainz as an opponent on their level. While he might be as strong as a member of the Black Scripture, he had the advantage of numbers on his side, so victory was still possible. However, could those members of the Black Scripture take care of all these angels with just one spell? Nigun shook his head to clear away his doubts. He could not think of that question. If he got his answer, then he would truly be done for. Therefore Nigun reached inside his coat, and touched the item within to give himself courage. He fervently believed that as long as he held it, everything would be fine. However, his subordinates did not have the same source of moral support that he did. "U-uwaaaah!" "What, what the hell!" "It's a monster!" Once they realized their angels were useless, they wailed and fell back upon the spells that they knew and trusted. "[Charm Person], [Iron Hammer of Righteousness], [Hold], [Fire Rain], [Emerald Sarcophagus], [Holy Ray], [Shockwave], [Confusion], [Charge of Stalagmite], [Open Wounds], [Poison], [Fear], [Word of Curse], [Blindness]..." All kinds of spells rained down on Ainz. Yet, even as the storm of magic lashed against him, Ainz was unmoved. "Well, all of these are familiar spells...who taught them to you? The Slaine Theocracy? Someone else? There are more and more things I want to ask you now." Not only could he slaughter all their summoned angels in one move, their spells were also incapable of harming him. Nigun felt like he was trapped in a nightmare. "Hyaaaaah—!" One of the men screamed wildly as he saw that his spells were ineffective. In desperation, he pulled out a sling and loaded it with a bullet. Although Nigun doubted the effectiveness of such a projectile when even an angel's sword was useless, he did not stop the man. The bullet that could easily shatter bone sped toward Ainz. It was followed by a sound. That sound was like an explosion. An instant. It had happened in an instant. Since they were in battle, they could not take their eyes off their target. However, Albedo — who should have been behind — had moved in a mysterious way in front of Ainz to defend him. The source of the apparent explosion was because she had violently kicked off the ground to get to where she was. With a speed that the eye could not even see, Albedo swung her bardiche, tracing a beautiful curve of the weapon's sickly green light in the air. After that, the man with the sling slowly collapsed to the ground. "...Huh?" Nobody knew what had happened. They were the ones who had launched the attack, yet the result was completely opposite — one of them had fallen instead. One of the men went over to inspect his dead comrade, and he shouted: "His, his head's been smashed in!" "...What? Smashed… don't tell me it's the sling bullet he threw!" Why had he been killed by his own projectile?" It doesn't say anything about her getting close to him again, so she was probably still out of the range of the Negative Burst.

Oh. That actually happened a lot of times with me. I can never put more than two paragraphs between two lines if the post gets too big, and bolding/italic also don't work some times. Never had all of my paragraphs erased like that, though.

Has this Gazef attack here:

"" [Sixfold Slash of Light]! "

This was a martial art que struck the fast as light. In one move, he hit the six angels around him.

All six of Them Were cut in half, dissolving into motes of light.

The reinforcements from the Slaine Theocracy gasped in surprise, while Gazef's men cheered.

Although his ultimate attack made his arms cramp up, it was not enough to decrease his fighting effectiveness.

Then, as though ordered to drown out the cheers, the huge wave of angels swept in, and one of Them lunged at Gazef with its flaming sword. "

Shalltear reacted to a smaller version of the attack, but possivelmete with the same speed (she reacted to a fourfold Slash of Light).

And Ainz reacted using magic to an even greater attack on this.

Well, could better explain the concept behind the hyperbole?

Because it is clearly stated that cuts faster than light, and constantly this capability is defined as light beams.

six flashes of light at the same time.

I think I understand, but do not think that applies to this situation because of the ability of context, Slash Light six times are 6 flashes of flash light, in the quote, said that Gazef reaches the fastest adversary than light, all that is left behind are the flashes of light.

I do not think it's exaggerated or out of the patterns, it is a unique hability of Gazef that has such speed (actually, it's more than one, but their attacks outside these skills are below), since Ainz and Shalltear already reacted these attacks. I believe that if it is not considered hyperbole you can apply FTL reactions to them.

Besides the fact that it was mentioned that Ubrain and Gazef together lose against Momon (Ainz) - I do not remember if it was against Momon or Sebas, anyway. And this is even said with both possessing the attacks as Fourfold Slash of Light and Sixfold Slash of Light, in the context of skill, it is possible to take into account the possibility of faster than light.

But I did not say they are FTL, or at least not treated as an average.

It is a specific attack that would have this level, all others would be subsonic maximum.

I believe the quote saying that the attack is faster than light serves as a basis for saying that the attack is faster than light, however, 1000 Gazef or Ubrain attacks, only the specified attack would FTL.

I do not think it's hyperbole or outlier since it has context.

The sixfold Slash of Light ability is affirmed being faster than light, which has already been said to be 6 flashes of instantaneous light.

Has at least 3-4 characters in the novel, having the same basis of this ability, however, the disadvantage of this skill is that it is necessary to overcome the limits of the human body, which in turn ends up wearing and can bring risks to own User.

Skills would:

God Flash: Apparently, the smaller version. Shalltear defended.

Fourfold Slash of Light: 4 light flashes, Shalltear defended.

Sixfold Slash of Light: the second largest version.

Nail Clipper: This, Ainz reacted. It is the martial technique of using all the techniques of martial arts in one, a combo with all, also including the other three previous ones, this, created by Lofan.

we have 3 made to this ability, and those who have these skills would Ubrain, Gazef and Croft di Lofan, and one I can not remember the name.

It is a "common" skill for the greatest soldiers of the kingdom, but all with the same disadvantages mentioned above.

We have 3 reaction feats / speed 3-4 characters with such skill, honestly, I see nothing that ranks as hyperbole or outlier, if you can tell me why you think you can be classified as well, would be very grateful.

No use, mate. These guys are too dumb to realize 99% time higer characters are holding back.

You can wank about DBZ and Super and they will happily accept it.

Hit The Badass said:
No use, mate. These guys are too dumb to realize 99% time higer characters are holding back.

You can wank about DBZ and Super and they will happily accept it.
I've just recently re-read the series on skythewood and I see nothing stating 'near the speed of light'

Instead, what i see is "lightning"

'His blade cleared his sheath, slicing through the air at Shalltear.

There was a single word to describe the speed of this movement — lightning. By the time one saw it, one's head would have fallen, so quickly did it take place. After practicing millions of times, it was truly a divine flash.

I win.

As Brain thought that—

—He stared in shock.

The blow had missed. The strike into which he had poured his entire being had been evaded.

If that had happened, he might have been able to admit that he had met an unimaginably powerful opponent.

However—

Shalltear had caught it with her fingertips.

She had caught Brain's lightning-fast strike.'

This seems to be pretty much the only conception used in relative to speed feats from what I've read, even when describing the speed of shalltears strikes during her fight with ainz, everything was just labelled "at the speed of lightning"

'That was what Shalltear calmly thought as she saw the tip of the sword coming at her, as fast as lightning. However, thrusts were a risky move. One could use the weaknesses of thrusting attacks to turn a dangerous situation into an opportunity.'

'As Shalltear thrust the Spuit Lance at lightning speed, she once more beheld a startling sight.'

The most descriptive speed feat I could find was this:

'She could not have done so if she could not grasp the nodachi in her left hand in the instant before it impaled her — a feat which she had to perform within tenths of a second.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back