• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord Profiles: Which Media Are We Using?

I'm planning on making a CTR for the tiers of some of the characters, so I wanted to clarify which is the canon we're using here.

So, as far as I can tell, Overlord seems to have 4 canons right now:

1- The main one, with the Light Novels, Drama CDs, and author statements

2- The Web Novel, with the original volumes, and some author statements of their own

3- The Anime, that doesn't seem to include the Drama CDs, even though they share voice actors

4- And the Manga, that's . . . the Manga.

Anyway, one user mentioned it in the other thread, so I started to wonder: which one are we using in the profiles? Currently, the main canon is the Light Novel, but there seems to be some stuff from the others in a few of them.

For example, Ainz's page links this feat , the Fallen Down one. Now, the problem with this one is that it directly contradicts the novel. In the anime, the spell created a massive crater, but, in the novel , it just burnt the land around to a crisp. It's even mentioned that there are some carbonized tree stumps left, but no huge crater.

Touch Me's page also mentions that he can fight all the Floor Guardians at the same time, which I'm pretty sure is from the Web Novel, don't remember anything from the Light Novel, and it just doesn't seem like something he should be able to do at all.

Clementine's page shows her creating a sonic boom in the anime, but nothing like that is described in the novel, iirc.

There are some others, but they only seem to clarify what happened in the novel, so I don't think there's a problem.

Now, this aren't huge issues or anything, but I wanted to know what canon are we supposed to use here. Afaik, in this site use the main canon mostly, then some of the secondary stuff to clarify things that aren't fully explained, while the profiles seem to be a composite of Web Novel, Light Novel and Anime.

According to the author Maruyama, Touch Me is in a different league as a bewildering cheat. He has outstanding motor reflexes while playing as a warrior in the game. Related to this, he was among one of the top three players in YGGDRASIL. He was powerful enough to deal with all the Floor Guardians simultaneously and roughly win.

From the wiki

The Web Novel had Touch Me being able to fight several Players at the same time, while LN is able to fight the Floor Guardians and roughly win

InfiniteSped said:
Touch Me's page also mentions that he can fight all the Floor Guardians at the same time, which I'm pretty sure is from the Web Novel, don't remember anything from the Light Novel, and it just doesn't seem like something he should be able to do at all.
Shalltear's weapon literally bounced off the armor, with the only way she was damaging Ainz afterword was by enchanting her weapon with Bludgeoning, a massive weakness for undead like Ainz

Also, even if the Fallen Down calc is contradicted, Ainz's tier comes from freezing the lake, of which dimensions are mentioned

We use the LN as primary canon with the anime as secondary canon, while the web novel and manga take too many departures from the LN (or the LN takes departures from them conversely).

Apeironaxim said:
According to the author Maruyama, Touch Me is in a different league as a bewildering cheat. He has outstanding motor reflexes while playing as a warrior in the game. Related to this, he was among one of the top three players in YGGDRASIL. He was powerful enough to deal with all the Floor Guardians simultaneously and roughly win.
From the wiki

The Web Novel had Touch Me being able to fight several Players at the same time, while LN is able to fight the Floor Guardians and roughly win
But where's that even from?

In fact, it almost approaches that of a World Class Item. Its most potent feature is its automatic engagement system…

Touch Me had chosen that suit of white armor. This specially-made armor complemented his status as a World Champion, and its abilities exceeded those of divine class items, putting it on par with Guild Weapons.

Considering his armor is on par with a Guild Weapon, which rivals World Items, I would think he can take the Guardians, especially because we aren't even taking into account his skills and stats

Hell, most of the Guardians don't even have Divine items

Apeironaxim said:
ARCADIA 2.43: ARCADIA 1623 02-06-2011
Acording to the wiki, whatever that is
It's WN, there is a-lot he says there that he hasn't used in the light novel like how he said Touch-Me can use a skill to negate longinus:

A: That's correct. That kind of imagination is shocking. I agree with you the Saint Killing spear was also called Longinus. In exchange for erasing the user's data it erases the data from the World is that World Item's power. Unless you are a World Item holders, use World Champion's defensive skill with good timing, or are a World Enemy type monster it cannot be defended against. The Saint Killing Spear, due to data erasure, class acquisition boss monsters can be erased and the flag is destroyed the Shitty Devs did not make a way to save them. There are no revival type magic or items that are effective, though there are several World items that can restore deleted data.

This is a digression, but if a villager with no combat ability what so ever (Level 1) can equip the Saint Killing Spear, in the case a Floor Guardian faces the unleash of it, the villager will vanish and the Floor Guardian having no resistance will also disappear. Nazarick's permanent NPC level will lower by 100 (preventing the revival of the NPC)

This can be found here.

Back