• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord Novel Question

Hello, I hope you're having a wonderful day.
Just finished watching overlord and I was wondering are there any information that the novel has that didn't got covered by the anime?
Or do you guys just have anything that people wanna know about the series for someone new.
What chapter did the anime end in the novel?
Thanks in advance

All seasons cover up-to volume 9. Anime covers as much as it can, but, naturally it wouldn't be able to cover the bulk of words it has to adapt.

Just go and read the novel. The anime while good enough it barely give depth to the characters. The novels delves into their inner mind and feels. You'll get a better and more developed characterization of the characters. The novel also expands more about the setting, the world, the magic, places and zone, etc.

The anime basically covered until Volume 9 - Chapter 4, with a few missing details from that volume. The epilogue is there, but IIRC, a lot missing. In addition, Arc 5 (Vol 5/6) is missing huge chunks from the anime. An entire plot point was completely removed. So, I would recommend reading it from the start, to at least vol 5/6, as well as near the end of volume 9, before jumping to Volume 10.

Back