• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord (Ninjago) minor abilities improvement

Overlord_Darkness

Username Only
Hello. This CRT proposes some improvements and changes for the Overlord.

First of all, let's begin from character's main feature - immortality. There are several proposals:
  • Remove Immortality type 9 from Spirit Form key and add it to his physical forms. Justification directly claims that spirit exists outside of the reality.. So why this ability is in this key?

• Immortality Type 5 addition to Spirit Form. The Overlord, through course of the series, showed that his existence is not a regular life. In Ninjago verse "life" is ability to die due some cause and go to the one of the undead realms: The Departed Realm, The Cursed Realm and Underworld. However, Overlord upon his defeats goes into his own Void domain. Moreover, Overlord cannot actually "die" in terms of regular death like Harumi's one, but he needs to be destroyed by other characters. Because of this the Overlord wasn't present in the "Day of the Departed" - he simply not dead or alive and Yang's ritual cannot affect Overlord's dormancy outside of the world. I think this explanation shows how Overlord's existence is different from regular humans in Ninjago verse.
Let's move on. Second thing that really bothers me is his Extrasensory Perception ability. Hell, how tf thermal vision is even related to the Overlord?? I mean he is the entity which can resurrect souls, can sense Ninja's arrival in truly large areas like Dark Island. It was never stated in any source I viewed about something like thermal vision.
I personally think that his ability is unrelated to thermal signatures, but related to some sort of soul perception or life perception. This fits his character by MUCH unlike thermal vision.

Third - Conceptual Manipulation. In his Spirit Form key this ability should be with Limited condition 'cause yes, Overlord's arrival into the world truly upsets the Balance, but he needs a vessel with access to his full Darkness Powers to corrupt and then destroy the Balance. I see it like that:

Spirit Form - Limited Conceptual Manipulation.
Dragon\Golden Master\Crystal King - regular Conceptual Manipulation. (For Golden Master key simply add already existing explanation to which in this key right now)

Agree: @Minaaaa, @TheOrangeGuy09 (except thermal vision)
Neutral:
Disagree:

Last edited:
1) Agreed on Type 9, Type 5 justification could have been worded better but I still agree with it.
2) Extrasensory Perception comes from when he saw Garmadon’s arrival and we see from his POV it’s Thermal Vision. Disagree with its removal (I’ll probably send scan when I have more time);
3) Seems fine.

Back