• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord lightning speed

this is from overlord volume 3 chapter 5

'It'll be hard to avoid it.

That was what Shalltear calmly thought as she saw the tip of the sword coming at her, as fast as lightning. However, thrusts were a risky move. One could use the weaknesses of thrusting attacks to turn a dangerous situation into an opportunity.

Then… it can't be helped.

Shalltear put her hand into the path of the thrust, having decided to sacrifice her left arm.'

that's ainz lightning speed attack in his perfect warrior mode

then for shalltear lightning speed attack ' "You're open now!" Now that his nodachi was tied up, Ainz had no way of defending against the Spuit Lance.

As Shalltear thrust the Spuit Lance at lightning speed, she once more beheld a startling sight.'

now,you may ask why she can dodged brain lightning speed attack but can't dodging ainz attacks,i think thats because their(ainz&shalltear) lightning speed attacks are high-end while brain lightning speed attack is only low-end to average

so,why are they only supersonic ?? they are atleast hypersonic to high hypersonic,even though many of you believe lightning is MHS no ?

i'm pretty sure Maruyama didn't know lightning doesn't move at the speed of light,so brain lightspeed wasn't really moving at that speed,but lightning speed

hyperbole ?? it's not even lightspeed attack like many people believe

it says lightning speed not lightspeed,the hyperbole i know in this overlord page is about brain lightspeed attacks and shalltear FTL reaction,but not about their lightning speed

This is from the updated version of the fan translations, the "Lightspeed" shit doesn't exist there.

The best example of shalltear's speed that I could find was this:

'She could not have done so if she could not grasp the nodachi in her left hand in the instant before it impaled her — a feat which she had to perform within tenths of a second.'

like i said,i'm not talking about their lightspeed but their lightning speed

also,i'm talking about their combat speed,not their reaction speed here

"with the speed of lightning" is just as much your typical run-of-the-mill hyperbole for "very fast" as is "with the speed of light".

You will literally find the phrases used there in idiom dictionaries with the meaning "Incredibly quickly or speedily" / "very fast".

if you read again,it says 'at lightning speed' not just 'as fast as lightning' or 'with the speed of lightning'

i think its pretty obvious what the author meant with 'lightning speed' is the same lightning we or the author always see in real life

there's also FTE feats in overlord,and that was when Ainz fighting Buser in his magic caster mode/form,a more slower mode than him in perfect warrior mode

so,if you think this 'lightning speed' is actually 'FTE' speed,i think that's kinda ridiculous

There is no proof the author isn't just using it for phrasing.

Seriously anyone that reads the fan translation would know that unless the translators are just trolling, the author continously uses the same phrases for many different scenarios, his most known ( and in my opinion, annoying ) being "Like a puppet with it's strings cut"

were u talking about Maruyama using the same phrases for different scenarios ??? like he should stop doing that

he's not like you people who know a lot about power scalings or speed like subsonic,supersonic,mhs,ftl,etc

Back