• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.X

Ainz needs a note on his profile about his resistance to non magical attacks while it's stated as not as blatantly as shalltears he mentions it. Apeironaxim found this qoute

It did not hurt, since Ainz would only take damage from something with magical properties.

This is further supported by him noting non magical projectiles couldn't harm him.

On the matter of mass for the dead...They're adding guts and other charcters from beserk, makeing the game a crossover. I really don't think we can use abilities from the game without turning our profiles into composites which are banned.

I also don't think mass for the dead should be considered as canon. it's a spinoff gacha game it's obviously not gonna be 100% lore accurate

The pen or the sword said:
Ainz needs a note on his profile about his resistance to non magical attacks while it's stated as not as blatantly as shalltears he mentions it. Apeironaxim found this qoute

It did not hurt, since Ainz would only take damage from something with magical properties.

This is further supported by him noting non magical projectiles couldn't harm him.
It seems Invulnerability to me, similar to invulnerability of the Servants from the Nasuverse.

We have a note on shalltears profile as resistance to mundane weapons, honestly invulnerability to non magical attacks is a far better way to describe it.

We have a note on shalltears profile as resistance to mundane weapons, honestly invulnerability to non magical attacks is a far better way to describe it.
specifically, Shalltear's functions like this:

The arcane magic caster was correct, but he was not entirely right. In order to harm Shalltear, a weapon had to be made of silver and possess sufficient mana, or it would require a weapon with a powerful elemental enchantment. Simply being made of silver was not enough.

Dang I thought straight silver was enough for her but nope still needs mana... Still what do you think of replacing the resistance with invulnerability to non magical attacks? Also about adding a similar note to Ainz page? It sounds a lot better then trying to describe it as a resistance...

While attacks can't harm them, I believe environmental stuff like a landslide still could, from what I remember of the Bonus Volume. Might be something like D&D, where certain characters can't be harmed by non-magical blunt weapons, but just fall damage still hurts them, since it's not a weapon attack or smth.

invulnerability sounds good. Ngl i completely forgot about it as a power, but it does fit better then just slapping it in the resistance section

what note are you talking about on Shalltear's page?

InfiniteSped said:
While attacks can't harm them, I believe environmental stuff like a landslide still could, from what I remember of the Bonus Volume. Might be something like D&D, where certain characters can't be harmed by non-magical blunt weapons, but just fall damage still hurts them, since it's not a weapon attack or smth.
Im not sure I agree the side volume the closest thing I remember was a massive avalanche burying ainz and keeno, afaik they didn't take damage and they poofed out of the snow due to movement restriction resistance.

Further ainz gets rammed into the ground then describes how it couldn't damage him due to not being magical.

Apeironaxim said:
invulnerability sounds good. Ngl i completely forgot about it as a power, but it does fit better then just slapping it in the resistance section
what note are you talking about on Shalltear's page?
I just meant changing her note about resistance to unvunrablity and adding the same thing to ainz sorry for the confusion.

While cold damage did not harm either of them, the bludgeoning damage from the avalanche was still effective. Of course, they had expected something like that and cast defensive spells on themselves, but it had still left a deep impression.

Even after being buried by the avalanche, their immunity to movement imped iments meant that they had pomfed out of the snow at the same time, where upon they had a good laugh.
Seems like it still hurts them, they just had spells to specifically counter that.

Hmm so eviromental damage can deal damage yet ainz couldn't be harmed by being slammed into the ground. Not really sure how that works honestly...
Ainz said he wouldn't be hurt after falling 1 kilometer in Volume 13, but he never said it was because it was non magical, just that he wouldn't be hurt by it

I was reffering to the time albedo slammed him into the floor in her attempt to molest him, he describes how the impact with the floor couldn't damage him due to it lacking mana.

InfiniteSped said:
So how should we note this? limited invulnerability to non magical attacks?

"What is it, Albedo?"

In that moment—

"—Ku. Ha!"

—Ainz's field of vision suddenly shifted, and he felt something hit his back.

It did not hurt, since Ainz would only take damage from something with magical properties. It was just a shock light enough to tell him that he hit something in the back, but nothing that was close to being painful.

the avanlanche was clearly magical

Worth noting that she could restrain him even with his immunity to movement impediment.

Also, she totally blitzed him there

...Perhaps overlord considers natrual phenomenon like avalanches magical? Or perhaps they fall into their own categories like environmental hazards that aren't accounted for with certain resistances?

True but thats due to her specifically having a high movement restriction skill, which Im not sure if we could equalize in the grand scheme of things. (Its not just lifting strength as she's seeminlgy stopping ainz from phasing through her/poofing into an upright position. And movement restriction covers things from grappling, to nets, to magical paralysis, to avalanches, to fricken walking on ice...)

Albedo also had the power of grand thirst on her side... Tough I suppose it would be a decent speed feat for her...Give her a new key empowered by lust

So are we all good with adding limited invulnerability to magical attacks for Ainz and Shalltear?

Should be fine, just add how it can seemingly be circumvented by environmental damage.

Edit: Or rather, do so after the forum move

InfiniteSped said:
Should be fine, just add how it can seemingly be circumvented by environmental damage.
Edit: Or rather, do so after the forum move
nah, circumvented by avalanches, and only avalanches

Also, might be worth archiving this thread, because a lot of it won't be moved to the new forum. So there we can start with the XI and not miss any posts.

if this isn't going to get saved anyways does that mean I can talk about how the overlord waifus could probably bend adamantite with their cheeks ?

why would you bring that up now that we just discussed that this thread should be archived ?

we should probably wait with this kind of stuff til the move

RulerOfTheAbyss said:
why would you bring that up now that we just discussed that this thread should be archived ?
we should probably wait with this kind of stuff til the move
I've just been interested in the verse and as I saw that they did not mention this feat because I only came here to mention it I was not aware that they were going to do another thread

Back