• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord: Ainz's Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeathNoodles said:
Anyways, would that mean the matches when Ainz was tier 6-C back then gets re-added? They were removed when Ainz was downgraded to Low 7-B before.
Don't see why not, nothing has changed really.

All the matches lost/won were with speed equalized.

Where does he instakill ability even come from? I'm pretty sure she has hurt people without killing.

This probably isn't the right place to ask but I can't find an Overlord Discussion Thread.

So... how's season 2 compared to season 1? Are there actual stakes?

Assaltwaffle said:
Where does he instakill ability even come from? I'm pretty sure she has hurt people without killing.
Thats what I mean, Im looking for it now. If its really instant death thats death manipulation.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
This probably isn't the right place to ask but I can't find an Overlord Discussion Thread.
So... how's season 2 compared to season 1? Are there actual stakes?
If you like just action and what not season 1 will be better for you.

If you enjoy the story, character, and/or world you'll enjoy season 2 more.

Season 3 has both action and world building, shit CGI though unforunately.

Yobobojojo said:
Season 1 had stakes boi
Never at any point did I think our main character was going to lose. He wins every fight without breaking a sweat, and unlike Saitama it's not played for laughs.

So pray tell, what "stakes"?

The Shalltear fight was season 1, no? Besides, I think you're looking too much for a actual combat related stake.

Also, Overlord can't be approached like a Shounen where it's a endless fight every day in and out. If you're watching it like that then it may not be for you.

Yes it was, and he just played around with her the whole time.

If you consider using actual abilities, nearly dying, and winning due to actually planning ahead "playing around," then yes, he played around a lot.

@Assaltwaffle

Seems like Shalltear has an instant kill ability that she can turn on/off like Ainz despair aura which would make sense. So adding death manipulation to her abilities via mele combat seems to make sense.

Ainz didn't die due to being resistant obviously and the rest well, from looking back at the episodes, others did die in one hit lol. Regardless I don't think she would have had it on either way as there is no point. And they just died from being severely weak.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2034875

Thank Yobobojojo, I couldn't find this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back