• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ovens' Creature Feature Bracket Round 5: Kamen Rider Shin vs Toxic Reapa

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
dragon-monster-fight-peril-of-guarding-by-alector-fencer-wallpaper-preview.jpg

Round 5
Kamen Rider Shin vs Toxic Reapa

dcwpwwd-e2f1b18f-2914-449f-9b78-ce41a4f30d87.jpg
023.jpg

Rules are in the bracket hub. May the best monster win.

Bracket Hub

Last edited:
… I have a Lego figure of that other guy!!

Toxic Reapa seems to have the advantage for lifting and range. It also can do some kind of stealth strat if need be.

Would the poison affect the bionicle?
He looks pretty robotic, but there's "bio" in bionicle, so...

Reapa's from Hero Factory, not Bionicle. Mostly nitpicking, yes lol.

He is made of metal, though Reapa in particular was born from an egg and is one of few characters referred to as his species name (Z'Chayan) as opposed to "bot" like most other characters. All this to say, it's questionable whether he'd qualify as organic and therefore affected by poison.

His primary tactic is to fire his toxic waste at opponents, which was viscous enough that it adhered the dudes fighting him to their surroundings or each other. It also is very corrosive, having melted metal armor away. If someone gets up close, he has laser cutters attached to both of his shoulders.

His stealth comes from being able to disappear from the sight of even those fighting one-on-one with him and using the environment to his advantage.

Shin fought a cyborg before and defeated him but I don't know if the poison had anything to do with it.

Looking at the Location, they are fighting at Filianore's Rest and from the pictures, it looks like it has a lot stuff that can generally give stealth away (sand foot prints, hearing foot steps etc.) Combine that with Shin's enhanced senses that let him notice that an enemy was going to attack though a ceiling without x-ray makes Shin able to notice attacks coming pretty well.

Shin usually use jumping in quick succession to his advantage (Jump height of 114m and jump distance of 232m). In the movie, he was able to sneak attack the cyborg (That has the same enhanced senses as Shin) with his jumping. This move is actually the exact same thing you explained how Reapa did his stealth move. So for Shin to be able to hit Respa, I think it has to be through that and not letting Respa use range by getting close.

For his durability, Shin survived a Large building explosion without getting hurt so I can imagine Shin regenerating from Reapa's attacks.

Looking at it, these two actually have a similar fighting style. Just one has ranged attacks and the other has regen.

Reapa has a bit of an AP advantage, with his 5.5 tons vs Shin's 3.5, though this is largely mitigated by Shin's Low-Mid regen. That regen seems to be what's going to give Reapa the most trouble.

Reapa's stealth was able to keep him hidden from other robots' scanners as well as help him escape a pair of thrown Hero Cuffs, which are designed to lock onto and home-in on whoever they're thrown at. He really does like to pelt his opponent with toxic waste from a distance as much as he can.

It's said that he likes to use the laser cutters and toxic waste in conjunction with each other, so perhaps his best bet in this fight would be to restrain Shin with his adhesive toxic waste and hit him with the lasers. The lasers have decent range on them, at tens of meters, so he could stay out of Shin's range while employing this tactic.

Reapa's stealth is him get out of people's sight. Shin's enhanced senses is more hearing oriented since he was able to hear an enemy trying to attack him out of the blue and was no where in sight. He reacted fast enough to dodge and counter easily.

Shin's AP scales to 3.5 but the Cyborg he was fighting was stronger than him (Shin was kinda getting manhandled for most of the fight) as well but he won, so Shin should be able to fight people a bit stronger than him.

Since Shin's human form was able to dodge bullets from a rifle, I can see him dodging the toxic waste because Filianore's Rest is a massive area so he won't be able to trap him and that his Rider form is much more reactive than his human form is.

Shin's going to have to catch him somehow and land a few hits to destroy a limb or so. Reapa needs to keep his distance and shoot his toxic and lasers from afar. But since this is speed equal, I can see Shin dodge a lot and keep up with Reapa with his max jump distance of 232 meters per jump.

Shin’s claws and spine cutters have been stated to vibrate so much that they “can cut through any material”. Most likely a hyperbole but it’s worth bringing up. In the Fourze special, simply touching these parts of his body can cause pain to Fourze. But it really just depends if you want to take these showings at face value.

How agile is Reapa? Because Shin would most likely win in a close combat confrontation.

Reapa's no slouch when it comes to jumping and dodging either. Shin would most definitely win in close combat, no question. Trouble is, the only time Reapa ever gets close is when the person he's fighting is pinned down from his toxic waste. Otherwise, he just stays out of range, and sight if possible, and fires away.

I'll also point out, with the bullet dodging thing Ixa brought up, large puddles of toxic waste have larger AoE and therefore would be more difficult to dodge than bullets.

Does the toxic waste do any damage other than pinning a person. Shin’s High Vibration Nails and Spine Cutters could help him break out. If it is toxic, Shin likely has resistance towards poisons since his entire body is coated in it.

The toxic waste is also corrosive. He uses it to adhere people's limbs to their surroundings so Shin's going to have a difficult time cutting himself out with his limbs disabled and his significantly lower lifting strength.

I'll also point out, with the bullet dodging thing Ixa brought up, large puddles of toxic waste have larger AoE and therefore would be more difficult to dodge than bullets.
Well, this depends on the firing rate of the toxic.

I should've clarified that it was bullets from an full auto assault rifle. Yes, the bullets are smaller but the firing rate makes up for it. The reaction speed should also be above this because the Human form of Shin dodged these so the monster form should do way better.

Well, the spine cutters are located on his forearms, so the toxic waste wouldn't really do anything to his arms since they'd be instantly freed and his arms are free to tear away at the other parts of his body that's being pinned.

I don’t know about adhesive material but it’s able to cause damage to Fourze who has city level dura. Don’t know if it’ll line up one to one though.

I vote for Shin too.

And that's grace.

Back