• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Outrider Revision (MCU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

VS Battles
Calculation Group
So currently, our Outriders have a Varies rating, which makes no sense since they don't seem to vary a lot in strength at all.

Well then how should they be rated? According to the description on the page, some of them are Wall level for contending with Hawkeye and Black Widow. However, Hawkeye never fought an Outrider, he was only able to harm them with arrows or knives. Considering the fact that Hawkeye was visibly terrified and running away from the Outriders it's fair to say he's no match for them.

So we at least know that the Outriders are probably significantly more powerful than Hawkeye.

According to the current profile, we see the likes of Black Widow, M'Baku and Okoye being able to come out of the Battle of Wakanda unscathed, while the Outriders were able to solo Cap and BP, hence the "Varies" rating. However, let's analyse the Battle of Wakanda to see if this is true.

This is one of the better clips I can find on YouTube of the Battle of Wakanda.

At around 2 minutes we see the entire Wankanda army charge towards the incoming Outriders, with Captain America and Black Panther running the fastest (as expected). They leapt towards the hordes of Outriders and started beating up as many as possible. This is rather similar to Batman beating up a group of thugs. Cap and BP were able to, albeit barely, fight a crowd of Outriders, and were able to KO an Outrider in one or two hits, and were only having trouble because of the sheer number of Outriders.

Then the video cuts to Thor forging Stormbreaker, and after it cuts back to Wakanda we see Bucky, Cap and BP getting overwhelmed by Outriders. However, no Outrider ever faced them 1-on-1, and most just caught him off guard. For example, an Outrider suddenly leapt on Captain America after he defeated another Outrider and threw him into a group so he can be mauled. Same with Black Panther, the Outriders caught him off guard and mauled him in a group, rather similar to how they were able to knock down the Hulkbuster armour in a group. Individually they were getting one-shot by Cap and BP.

For the Wakandans, we don't see details of them fighting the Outriders, but considering the fact that many were injured and some were dead, it's safe to say that they were getting overpowered by the Outriders and were only able to harm them with weaponry.

I think they should be rated just as "At most Building level" since they are significantly stronger than the likes of Hawkeye and nearly, but not as strong as the likes of Captain America, instead of "Varies from Wall level to at least Building level".

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
The GotG should also be downgraded to at most Building level instead of at least
There is a scene in GotG 2 where Yondu uses Nebula to power up his ship to take out the Sovereign's ships (which are no less than 50 at the very least) at the same time. Will this scale to Nebula?

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - Yondu Super Laser Destroy Sovereign Fleet

Probably not as she can't do this herself, she just has the energy to do it but it has never shown to output this herself. It's like humans having 7-A levels of energy in us but we can't put it to use so it doesn't count towards our tier.

Hmmn humans 7-A? Interesting what's the source for that?

Anyway yeah, this doesn't scale.

And actually, why does Star-Lord and Gamora scale to Drax and Groot? Drax easily overpowered Gamora and Gamora overpowered Star-Lord

Apparently it says that Gamora fought Proxima Midnight on her page. Does anyone have a clip of that?
I couldn't find a clip of that or any information in that regard from the mcu wiki so it looks like that was never shown at all.

There is still the statement "The deadliest woman in the galaxy" that might put her above Proxima though (I personally don't vouch for that assessment)

As for the scaling issue, Star Lord was indeed getting outmatched during his fight with Gamora so he used his weapons and stuff against her. Gamora did break the branches of Groot binding her in this video-

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 - Star Lord vs Gamora Fight Scene HD 2017 First Meeting

Anyway yeah, this doesn't scale.
Why not? It's like the situation in the Avengers where Iron Man powers up the helicarrier rotor. The drill ship lost power after the attack by the Omnicrafts (Sovereign craft) so Nebula powers it directly by using her battery instead of pushing a rotor. The drill ship uses this energy to fire its lasers towards the enemy crafts.

I did a rough calc for the destruction of the Omnicrafts assuming they were 100 in number and they each had a durability similar to a car.The result was a value within 8-C level,which is Nebula's current tier.

@Wyvern7600 Feel free to make a blog post about your calc.

Anyway Gamora only broke Groot's branches with Godslayer, which can even kill an Asgardian according to the Marvel Visual Guide IIRC.

My proposals:

Outriders: At most Building level (Nearly comparable to the likes of Captain America, Black Panther and Winter Soldier, and can take them down by surprise. Far stronger than the likes of Hawkeye and Black Widow. Managed to knock down the Hulkbuster armour in a group)

Gamora: Building level (Fought with Proxima Midnight)

Teenage Groot: Building level (Killed 3 Outriders with his vine)

Adult Groot: At least Building level (Superior to his teenage form. Fought on par with Drax the Destroyer)

Drax: At least Building level (Comparable to Groot. Fought against Korath. Far stronger than Star-Lord and Gamora)

Star-Lord: At most Building level (Fought the Abilisk. Held his own against Gamora)

@Wyvern7600 Feel free to make a blog post about your calc.
Anyway Gamora only broke Groot's branches with Godslayer, which can even kill an Asgardian according to the Marvel Visual Guide IIRC.
Yeah I will do that.

No Gamora did not need to use a weapon to break free from Groot's hold. I will give the approximate timeframe for some events-

0.47- Gamora has Quill pinned down with a dagger in her hands. Rocket tackles her down and the dagger is not seen in her hands anymore.

0.51- Groot starts binding Gamora with Rocket on top of her.

1.04- Gamora destroys the vines around her by using her arms only and throws Rocket away.

1.06- She picks up the fallen dagger

1.08- Aims the said dagger for the orb.

1.16- She unsheathes the sword ,slashes Groot with it to not much effect and runs for the orb immediately after.

2.00- Gamora uses the sword against Groot once more and cuts off both his arms by 2.04.

Ah ok, I didn't notice that.

I still think Gamora is significantly weaker than Drax and Groot, though not by much. All of them would be 8-C.

Are you fine with my suggestions above?

The suggestions seem okay but I have doubt regarding the part where it says Groot fought on par with Drax- in the club scene where the fight happened, it seemed one-sided in favour of Drax.

Drax was beating up Groot while pinning him down.Rocket took out his laser cannon upon seeing that Groot was getting beat up like that.The best Groot could do in return was only by using his vines to attempt choking Drax,which he broke free with his bare hands before Gamora pulls him back.So Groot didn't really fight on par with Drax in that scene.

No, outriders weren't the only soldiers in Thanos' forces and Hawkeye one-shotted a few of them, his sword isn't massively stronger than himself.

Hawkeye never physically fought any of them, he just used his sword to slice them in half. Not to mention he was visibly terrified and running away.

And yes, fiction tends to overexaggerate the strength of sharp objects.

Hawkeye never physically fought any of them, he just used his sword to slice them in half
Which means per definition he physically fought them.
Code:
I don't agree on giving Hawkeye 8-C AP because of slicing an Outrider in half with the sword- many Outriders were killed by Bucky's gun (which should yield 9-B or wall level energy via bursts of fire)-the Outriders do seem to be very vulnerable to sharp weapons. So in this case a 9-B character (Hawkeye) slicing a character having 8-C dura at most (Outrider) with a sharp weapon doesn't warrant the 9-B character a higher tier in my opinion.

I am not sure if there is any considerable hollow space inside the craft. It is basically a drone so it doesn't have to seat a pilot even though it looks big enough (from the outside) to accomodate one person.Shoud I have used some minimum figure like 5% or something for the hollowness while assuming there is no space for an occupant?

As for scaling to physical strength, she is basically a cyborg powered by the battery so it is possible I think. I also think that Ego's brain tanked a part of the laser (not sure).

Well usually we use 80% hollowness, but it doesn't seem applicable in this case. Probably just deduct 62 000 cm^3 (the volume of a human) cuz it can't accommodate pilots? Assuming violent fragmentation:

7310000*234*125 = 2.138175e11 Joules

Ok I have changed the value as mentioned. So can it be applied? Ego also has a feat where he destroys omnicrafts in one go. I think we can get an upper limit for the durability of his brain from a statement that the anulax batteries could destroy an entire fleet of omnicrafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back