• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ouma's Shoulder Charge

I have been told that a majority of the calc group members who commented here have agreed with the calculation.

Does it follow our current Kinetic Energy Feats standards?

That is so indeed.

That part has 100% acceptance. Everyone agrees that the calc is correct and up to calc standards. It is whether its calc stacking or not that won by majority vote.

I would like to get it verified by at least one calc group member that it does not violate our kinetic energy standards first.

You can find it in the blog (link in the op) where the calc members agree that the math is correct, the only possible problem being calc stacking.

This is not about if the math is correct, this is about if we can automatically scale kinetic energy simply from moving swiftly, without carrying any large object.

Antvasima said:
This os not about if the math is correct, this is about if we can automatically scale kinetic energy simply from moving swiftly, without carrying any large object.
Well i did give the explanation which i assume was accepted seeing as no one brought it up as a problem but the quote was "the hit of a nearly 500kg man was easily lethal". Which is the reason only his movement counts, cus narration states the attack is strong due to having a lot of mass.

Okay. I would prefer some verification though.

It seems to be okay to me, but I'd prefer it if another calc group member could back me up on that.

Thank you. This can probably be applied then.

To ask a question, where does the speed come from? His page doesn't exactly give a straight explanation. At least not from my perspective.

Multiple times stated and shown that Ikki compares to someone and can dodge someone moving at that speed. This guy blitzed him so hard that he couldn't dodge.

Okay after reading the comments the reason it's considered return stroke speed is because it.... flashes? Really? Unless there was a previous thread where everyone agreed with that line of thinking, I'm against the speed justifcation with the calc.

RatherClueless said:
Multiple times stated and shown that Ikki compares to someone and can dodge someone moving at that speed. This guy blitzed him so hard that he couldn't dodge.
Where at? The linked justifcations are all based on the idea that he dodges the return stroke of lightning, which isn't proven in any capacity.

@Qaw that's what I said in the blog, but Earl insisted on it. However, something I do have to agree with him is, that most authors are likely not talking about the return stroke, when talking about "lightning speeds". Most authors likely don't even know what that is.

So? The default assumption on the wiki is always the downward stroke and all of the evidence presented in the text is of a downward stroke. Unless they have a in-universe statement either confirming the speed or confirming the method I'm against using it entirely.

Qaws makes sense here. I don't see anything in the comments specifically linking the speed to the return stroke.

It seems like this won't be accepted after all then.

@Qwased

It's return stroke cus there is a specific statement about the girl's sword leaving trails like a flash of lightning. Practically stating it is the return stroke.

Ugh so now it's ugh... it's 4 - 3 on the calc stacking.

the fact that it is a 4-3 in terms of "is this calc stacking" shows that the interpretation of "what is calc stacking" is seen differently by all of the calc group members and I feel like they should actually sit down together and dsscuss it properly, since depending on the calc group member that looks at your calc to confirm accuracy, it might not get accepted, because different calc groop members have a different understanding of it. Imho thats kind of an issue, even if you disregard this calc altogether.

TL;DR The calc group members should try to agree on "what is calc stacking" and if they cant, they should try to scrap the current description of it and make a new one everyone agrees to and understands

None of the quotes back it being the return stroke. It being bright is not solid evidence since lightning in almost every fictional medium is depicted as being bright for the entire lifespan. The text backs the downward stroke, not the return stroke. Just use the accepted 440,000 m/s figure for KE instead of the return stroke speed and I won't have a problem with it.

That would be optimal however me and ant try to do that though we couldn't in getting everyone together to evaluate it. DT's opinion in particular would be immensely helpful in this case, but as i said we tried, it was to no avail.

Qawsedf234 said:
None of the quotes back it being the return stroke. It being bright is not solid evidence since lightning in almost every fictional medium is depicted as being bright for the entire lifespan. The text backs the downward stroke, not the return stroke. Just use the accepted 440,000 m/s figure for KE instead of the return stroke speed and I won't have a problem with it.
It literally says it leaves a tail like a flash of lightning. Flash of lightning is literally a synonym to return stroke.

It's not. Lightning flashes even in the downward stroke and when she's talking about polarity it's explicitly about the downward stroke. The calcs speed is just based on a incorrect assumption.

Ikki and anyone else who scales to be Rel for that reason should also be downgraded as well.

seeing that its almost a 50/50, this is a pretty big issue (I assume)

Think about it this way. You have 10 calcs like this one (preferably of a less known verse, since in that case its usually just one member commenting). Depending on which calc group member comments your calc will get accepted or rejected, this means that either (depending on wether this is calc stacking or not):

5 of the calcs get rejected for no rason

or (even worse):

5 of the calcs get accepted, while being invalid

10 is just an example, its likely way more than that and it will become much more if left alone and if no consensus is found. Maybe do a staff only/highlighted thread, since this isnt just something calc group members can talk about. Its not a calcing method, but asking "is this statistic valid/reasonable to assume/use?" you dont need to know math/physics for this o.o

Yes but '''the''' flash as we know it refers to the return stroke. But could you elaborate on what you meant with her taking about polarity?

isnt her ability using the electricity of the lighning? She shouldnt be able to move faster than that. I say lets use the average drift velocity for her speed owo

RatherClueless said:
isnt her ability using the electricity of the lighning? She shouldnt be able to move faster than that. I say lets use the average drift velocity for her speed owo
Her ability is to use electricity.

It's described like that but considering she can read minds due to the electricity it's better to say it as electricity.

I will unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can send me a message later if you need my help.

I have an idea OwO. Let's gather all the discord names of the calc group members and throw them into a group and make them fight invite them into a group so they can have a civil discourse fight.

its discord

Let's write on their wall "your mom gay if you don't look at this ÒwÓ"

That should motivate them. (Since this thread is literally just going in circles I felt like memeing at least a little bit. U mad at me for that? o.o)

Back