• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Othinus destroying the Index Universe

I noticed that there was a discussion in Othinus profile about her destroying the Index Universe with people asking for her to be upgraded to multiversal level and others asking for proof that she had destroyed everything in the Index universe and that the Index universe she destroyed has 11 dimensions. While I'm familiar with the series I'm not that experienced with the topic of discussing if a character fits those tiers so I'll just put the proofs here with an explanation about the structure of the Index universe and let people more knowledgeable than I am decide if it warrants the upgrade or not.

First point, the Index universe has 11 dimensions. This is easy to prove. Espers who have Teleport-based powers regularly interact with the 11th dimension to realize their "jumps". They are much lower in power than a Magic God. (A) Curtuna's All Dimension Severing Spell doesn't specify a concrete number of dimensions, but it confirms the existence of higher dimensions. (B).

A (Volume 6 - Between the Lines 01):
Shirai's ability was called Teleport. It was not limited to three dimension rules, so she could move about freely within space. However, there was a weakness to this ability. Though the phrase "to teleport within space" sounded simple, the theory behind it was to get away from the three dimensions, find her position in the eleventh dimension, and then calculate the vectors to teleport. Such calculations complexity couldn't be compared to the simple commands that ordinary espers would have, like "fire a fireball", or "fire electric strikes".

B (Volume 18 - Chapter 05 Part 10): "This simultaneously severs every dimension at the coordinates whether they are higher dimensions or lower dimensions. It seems the only cross section objects created that we can perceive are the ones that can appear in a 3 dimensional world."

(What…?)

Kamijou was completely dumbfounded.

If what she was saying was true, that sword was a monstrous weapon that could cut right through dimensions which did exist but were more of a concept than anything. No matter how much steel someone used to protect his body, Curtana Original could cut right through the dimension to cleave him in two.

Second point, Othinus destroying the Index's Universe. First we have to talk about the structure of Index's Universe/World. I've seen other people confused by the concept of phases before so I'll try to simplify things.

In the Index universe there is only 1 world. When Kamachi uses world in this context it means the totality of existence, everything. This world is made of several different phases. The confirmed phases in the normal Index world (all except the ones created by Othinus to torture Touma) are: Human Realm (Physical Universe), Heaven, Hell, Underworld, Pure Land, Yomi, Abyss, Olympus, Fairy Island. Nirai Kanai, Asgard, First Sun, Takama-ga-hara, Amaravati and Black World.

In OT Heaven and Hell were described as existing in the same space than the human realm but at different frequencies/wavelenghts, I think we can assume this to be true for phases, as it explains how denizens of those realms do not normally interact with each other and why Marian can cut those phases with Dainsleif without caring for her physical position since they exist alongside the human realm..

Volume 04 Chapter 1 Part 1: "Mm, the high and low relationship of heaven and hell isn't of height."

"Then what is it?"

"Here's an example. Human eyes can't see infrared rays, and human ears can't detect high frequency sounds. You can understand this right, Kami-yan?"

"Ah? Mn."

"The high and low refers to this, anything that's above or below what humans can detect. They can't feel it if it's too high or if it's too low. So even if God is to appear beside Kamiyan, you should be unable to detect it."

Tsuchimikado delightedly smiled.

"Yeah. The low is referring to hell of the devil. What's opposite infrared rays are ultraviolet rays, and low frequency in contrast to high frequency; in other words, an inversion. Though both waves are different, both are still waves. In other words, even if there's an angel standing beside a demon, they won't be able to detect each other unless they interfere with each other in the area between heaven and hell called the 'human realm'."

To recap, phases all exist in the same space, but not in the same wavelength. If it makes things easier for you, instead of using the term filter think of them as different realms: there are several of them contained in a single world. The novel itself described the human world and heaven as realms when talking about the mechanics of Angel Fall:

"The number of humans and angels were already decided, thus in ordinary circumstances, humans are definitely unable to be promoted to become angels. In contrast, angels are never be demoted to be humans."

"Because every single realm is already filled up."

Following off what Tsuchimikado had said, Kanzaki continued, "But this spell called Angel Fall is just as what the name implies, it can force an angel that's in the heavens to become a human. And the human realm is like a cup full of water, if a drop of angel is to fall in—what will happen to the cup of water?"

Magic Gods can freely manipulate phases. Othinus erased the phases in NT9 when she 'destroyed' the world. The novel explains she did so by using her power of creation creatively. She has not technically destroyed the phases in the traditional sense of destroying something, but has instead removed them of existence by rewriting the structure of the world by placing a new phase on top of everything else. The results are still the same, the world has been destroyed, leaving only her and Touma.

Newt Testament Volume 9 Chapter 6b Between the Connected Points: "Have you ever heard of phases?"

"…?"

"This world was not pure and untouched to begin with. Christian, Buddhist, Celtic, Indian, Shinto, Incan, Aztec, Greek, Roman…and Norse. The various religions have placed layer after layer of various phases over the world like thin veils or filters. There is heaven, hell, the underworld, the Pure Land, Yomi, the abyss, Mount Olympus, the fairy island, Nirai Kanai, Asgard, and many others. At any rate, the world you have seen so far has been viewed through various colors of cellophane."

"You haven't destroyed any of those colored glasses."

As his vision wavered and he was unsure who he was speaking to, Kamijou managed to keep his mouth moving.

"When it comes down to it, you are a person who creates. It may be filled with malice and it may be similar to representing 'crushing a house' as 'creating a pile of rubble', but it does not change what you are. You are a person who creates."

"Call me a god. And what I have done is simple. I have created new filters and placed them over the world so the world appears to have changed. That is why the world appeared changed to you. This is a lot easier than destroying everything and building it back up every time. And your right hand contains the power to level out any foreign elements in the world, so it has difficulty functioning when I change the world itself. …Still, results are everything in the world. In the end, history will record it like this: the Magic God repeatedly destroyed the world and created new ones to make a single boy suffer as much as possible."

Every time Othinus erased all phases, either by using her phase powers or by using Gungnir there was a common result. She and Touma ended up in an endless black void called black world. This is basically a blank canvas, a world without any filters, the last layer covering the Pure World, which would be the actual world untouched by magic and religion, the world of science.

New Testament Volume 09 Chapter 6b Between the Connecte Points: The man who names himself the Silver Star seems to have been attempting to directly tamper with the 'pure world' beyond all the filters…that is, the world of science that is unaffected by religion. …Honestly, you are quite fortunate to see this. Not even the Golden cabal of Europe that dreamed in Tibet was able to reach this point."

Of course, this is excluding the secret phase of True Gremlin. Neither Othinus or Touma were aware it existed, and in fact it seems to be isolated from all others and not easily accesed, as Aleister commented.

New Testament Volume 10 Epilogue: It may have been wrong to refer to that place as dark. In fact, the word "place" was not entirely accurate either. Non-existent things could not be explained. Nevertheless, a few voices lurked within where no one could interfere.

[...]

"The concepts of distance and time don't matter here, remember? And I can't leave regardless. Even if I did, I'd just end up gathering unwanted attention on a global scale like Othinus. I was a hair's breadth and an infinite distance away."

"Does the same go for the others?"

"Old man, did you start forgetting things once you became a mummy? The zombie girl, the chimera, and everyone are here. It's just in destiny's hands whether we run across each other in this place where the tiniest gap extends to an infinite distance☆"

[...]

Othinus and Kamijou Touma had been wrong about one thing.

They had thought that world of darkness had been the full extent of the world. They had assumed that pitch black despair had been the product of destroying everything and leaving nothing at all behind.

But in truth, there had been one more layer. It was as uniform as a thin membrane, it had not even the slightest seam, and it could not be detected or destroyed by anyone, but one last phase had existed.

This black world was the place not even Magic God Othinus had been able to destroy.

"Oh?"

"Someone" narrowed their eyes at the intense white light from outside.

That "someone" watched as the perpetrator set foot in that divine territory.

"I had noticed you had not shown yourself recently, but I see you were busy with a touching side job."

The hoarse voice went on to speak a somehow nostalgic name.

"Aleister Crowley the Human."

This magician had silver hair that reached his ankles and wore a green hospital gown. That human looked both male and female, both childlike and aged, and both saintly and sinful. His expression as he answered could have been interpreted as any number of emotions.

"Letting Othinus run free would have been a problem, but I left that to the strength of the world. The world was temporarily led to destruction as a result, but I still had to prioritize this. It wasn't easy converting coordinates filled with non-existent numbers into decimal."

Kamachi doesn't give an exact number of times Othinus destroyed the world. The narration varies from tens of thousands to hundreds of millions or even billions of times. Touma didn't really keep a mental count. He blocked most of the memories of his deaths so he wouldn't be able to keep count even if he wanted. Othinus in NT12 states it was hundreds of billions of times, and she was the one creating them all which I think gives her word more weight than the victim's.

New Testament volume 12 Chapter 3 Part 2: "But still," muttered fifteen centimeter Othinus. "Through all of those hundreds of billions of phases, I missed the Misaka Network that manipulated the border between life and death. Does he also contain the possibility to always show up or appear anew in every world or phase I created?"

To sum up, if we use Kamachi's painting metaphor, there's only a single, unique canvas (world) which contains several elements (phases). Magic Gods are painters. They can paint and make changes in the painting, but thay cannot create another canvas or change it. The Black World is a blank canvas result of the painter (Othinus) painting everything white to start from scratch.

If we want to use a different metaphor we could use computers. The world is a hard drive and the phases on it are folders, each one with different parameters and users. Users belonging to one folder can't enter other folders. Magic Gods are admins who can freely create or erase folders, change the parameters of one folder, etc.. Black World would be erasing all folders. Pure World would probably be something like the source code of the OS.

Plot of NT13: The true magic gods have the problem that they can not all create the world they think is the perfect world. That is because they checked and no parallel universes exist. Since their power is like drawing on a canvas, they can change and destroy an existing universe, but can not create a universe from nothing. They need a canvas or another words a true world to exist in order to change it. So because they can not agree on what the perfect world is, they want an impartial judge to decide for them. That judge is Touma, hence they hunt Touma and want to try to get him to decide how to use their power.

In the end all of them get their perfect world through world rejector that creates "parrallel universes" inside the same timeline. Since a magic god can build his/her ideal world in this artificial parallel universe they are content with being exiled there once they see their ideal world and don´t resist.

Fact is none of this plot would make sense if the magic gods could have created an universe/realm for themselves at any point they like. So the much weaker Othinus will hardly have created or destroyed anything that would qualify as anything greater than an universe.

DontTalk said:
Plot of NT13: The true magic gods have the problem that they can not all create the world they think is the perfect world. That is because they checked and no parallel universes exist. Since their power is like drawing on a canvas, they can change and destroy an existing universe, but can not create a universe from nothing. They need a canvas or another words a true world to exist in order to change it. So because they can not agree on what the perfect world is, they want an impartial judge to decide for them. That judge is Touma, hence they hunt Touma and want to try to get him to decide how to use their power.
In the end all of them get their perfect world through world rejector that creates "parrallel universes" inside the same timeline. Since a magic god can build his/her ideal world in this artificial parallel universe they are content with being exiled there once they see their ideal world and don´t resist.

Fact is none of this plot would make sense if the magic gods could have created an universe/realm for themselves at any point they like. So the much weaker Othinus will hardly have created or destroyed anything that would qualify as anything greater than an universe.

I think you misunderstood what World Rejector does and what the "no parallel worlds" meant.

Othinus destroyed all phases (Physical universe and several other religious realms like Heaven and Hell) and then recreated the world several times changing its rules and situations to torture Touma. True Gremlin created a realm for themselves when they created the hidden phase they all lived in prior to Aleister kicking them out. The fact they can create realms and physical universes is undeniable because they have done so several times in the novels.

The point of no parallel worlds allowed is that the world (as in all existence, the collection of all phases) is unique. They all can change it however they want, adding or erasing phases, but when Othinus is creating worlds she's replacing the previous world when her new one. She's not creating a second world that exist simultaneously with the first one. They can create worlds but they can only exist 1 at a time.

The sequence of events in NT9 would be this: Index World (All Phases) > Black World (Othinus destroyed all Phases) > Alpha World (New Universe) > Beta World > Billions of Worlds > Omega World > Black World (Phases destroyed by Gungnir) > Index World (All Phases restored by Othinus using Imagine Breaker after kiling Touma). As you can see, Othinus is replacing each world with a new one created by her, but these worlds exist sequentially, not concurrently. That's why they are not considered parallel worlds.

True Gremlin can't create their own ideal world, that's right. But that's not because they don't have the power to do so. The problem they have is that every one of them is capable of doing it and their ideal world is not the same. Any changes the High Priest could make might clash with the idea of what Nephthys wants to do, which might be opposite to what Niang-Niang thinks is her ideal world, etc... Think of it like how multiple creator gods would have arguments about how to make the world.

NT13 Chapter 1 Part 8:

"But you are at least faintly aware of it, aren't you?" The High Priest seemed to be testing him. "We Magic Gods have everything. We have the power to destroy the world and remake it from scratch. Also, we feel no threat from the outside world. An attack from anything other than a Magic God would be less noticeable than a mosquito bite."

"Then your problem is…?"

"Yes. That leaves a struggle over resources with the other Magic Gods. We all have the power to change everything, but there is only one world. Think of it like having ten painters but only one canvas. If they each continually try to overwrite it as they see fit, it would develop into a fistfight. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

What World Rejector does is not creating a parallel world since that's impossible in Index. What it does is strecth the fabric of the world to give each Magic God some space where they can live separated from everyone else, including other Magic Gods.

NT13 Epilogue:

"My right hand is a collection of such dreams. I believe its name was…yes, World Rejecter."

"You can't. You can't possibly. Parallel worlds don't-…"

"Yes, the world is ultimately a straight line like the rubber string nailed onto pachinko machines. There is no infinite expanse of parallel worlds. But at the same time, the world is a rubber string. It can stretch or contract like time or space. The world we know has a surprising amount of waste. It's like using only ten frames when using sixty fps film. No one will notice if you stick some subliminal footage in using two or three of the leftover frames. This is what you wished for, isn't it? You Magic Gods wished for this even though you knew it could never come true. You checked the farthest reaches of the universe and all of the piled-up phases and you realized there was nothing new left. But if it was possible, you wished to leave behind this troublesome world and spread your wings in a new world no one else knows of."

This would be a lot easier if not using the word world for a lot of things.

Let me ask you a few things, one at a time, just to slowly figure things out.

Do we agree that To aru consists of only 1 universe/timeline?

Didn't the magic gods divide their power by infinity to not automatically destroy the universe when they entered it? That sounds like High 2-A.

DontTalk said:
This would be a lot easier if not using the word world for a lot of things.
Let me ask you a few things, one at a time, just to slowly figure things out.

Do we agree that To aru consists of only 1 universe/timeline?

Yeah, it's made quite clear there's only 1 universe/timeline.

I'm not actually asking for Othinus to be upgraded or anything, as I said on the first post I don't know a lot about how to judge characters at those tiers. I just saw a discussion in her page asking for proof of things like Toaru universe having 11 dimensions and her destroying more than just the physical universe and thought that I could provide them. I'm not saying they create additional worlds.

I aslo think that it's quite clear that Magic Gods can create phases/realms since Othinus and True Gremlin obviously did.

Didn't the magic gods divide their power by infinity to not automatically destroy the universe when they entered it? That sounds like High 2-A.

But Othinus didn't divide her power by infinity...

Yes. I am talking about the Magic gods only. If they are High 2-A, Othinus should logically not be High 1-C.

Othinus should logically not be High 1-C.

She logically infinite weaker than them.

I'm not actually asking for Othinus to be upgraded or anything, as I said on the first post I don't know a lot about how to judge characters at those tiers. I just saw a discussion in her page asking for proof of things like Toaru universe having 11 dimensions and her destroying more than just the physical universe and thought that I could provide them. I'm not saying they create additional worlds.

I aslo think that it's quite clear that Magic Gods can create phases/realms since Othinus and True Gremlin obviously did.

Well, power wise we are mostly on the same page.

If the fiction has 11 dimensions or not is mostly irrelevant, since the question would be if the magic gods could create or destroy something that has 11 dimensions. So while the fiction maybe has that many, the universe/timeline that the magic gods control has only 4 dimensions and the phases don´t change that. That is the part relevant for the ranking.

DontTalk said:

If the fiction has 11 dimensions or not is mostly irrelevant, since the question would be if the magic gods could create or destroy something that has 11 dimensions. So while the fiction maybe has that many, the universe/timeline that the magic gods control has only 4 dimensions and the phases don´t change that. That is the part relevant for the ranking.

That's good to know. Thanks.

I'm not trying to have Othinus's stats upgraded, but I would like to ask the OP something.

What do you think of this quote?

"It was true that 100% Almighty Thor would likely be killed in an instant if he faced 100% Magic God Othinus. Thor ruled a single world while Othinus created infinite worlds. That was an obvious and insurmountable wall."

It said Othinus created infinite worlds. She isn't just limited to one world.

No they would be different.

Infinite size in 3 dimensions is less than finite size in 4 dimensions.

This page should help with the explanation.

DontTalk said:
No they would be different.
Infinite size in 3 dimensions is less than finite size in 4 dimensions.

This page should help with the explanation.
Yeah I know that, but it would take an infinite amount of universes to fit an infinite amount of planets.

And ending all of it, making it into a void of nothingness. Even does so from throwing her lance. Anyway, here's the comparison between her. Those layers are alternate realities too.

• Anyway Thor's comparison between his ability and Othinus. World in this context is referring to universe as one of the bolded part says.
Stop it. I don't like being praised like that. You saw Othinus at full power, didn't you? If the predicted specs I calculated out are accurate, her power would go well beyond mine which is limited to the world we're in now. How many times was the world destroyed on your way here? In fact, how'd you even defeat her when she had her lance? …No, merely winning in a fistfight wouldn't get you back to this world."

It was true that 100% Almighty Thor would likely be killed in an instant if he faced 100% Magic God Othinus. Thor ruled a single world while Othinus created infinite worlds. That was an obvious and insurmountable wall.

But that was not the current problem.

Almighty Thor stood before Kamijou as a real threat and Othinus could no longer use her power. To move on, Kamijou would have to defeat him with the fists of a puny human.

"Just to be clear, I don't designate the coordinates. For one thing, coordinates on paper are meaningless in an ever-expanding universe.

• And the place the other Magic Gods reside in is pretty intense.
"It may have been wrong to refer to that place as dark. In fact, the word "place" was not entirely accurate either. Non-existent things could not be explained. Nevertheless, a few voices lurked within where no one could interfere.

Othinus and Kamijou Touma had been wrong about one thing.

They had thought that world of darkness had been the full extent of the world. They had assumed that pitch black despair had been the product of destroying everything and leaving nothing at all behind.

But in truth, there had been one more layer.
It was as uniform as a thin membrane, it had not even the slightest seam, and it could not be detected or destroyed by anyone, but one last phase had existed.

"The concepts of distance and time don't matter here, remember? And I can't leave regardless. Even if I did, I'd just end up gathering unwanted attention on a global scale like Othinus. I was a hair's breadth and an infinite distance away."

"Does the same go for the others?"

"Old man, did you start forgetting things once you became a mummy? The zombie girl, the chimera, and everyone are here. It's just in destiny's hands whether we run across each other in this place where the tiniest gap extends to an infinite distance☆"

The conversation came to an end. In that place that did not exist in the world,
they prepared to scatter apart.

"If you think about it, you could call this our way of being ecological. We do it because the world is too small for us to live in, but it isn't easy putting up with being here."

• Said world was still destroyed as a result of a fight between them and Crowley, forcing them to take to this measure.
Direction and depth were indistinguishable in that black space, but three distinct presences existed there.

"So have we managed to finish in time, Nephthys?"

An old man's voice spoke in the darkness. More than simply "wrinkled", the voice was better described as "dried-up".

The responding voice sounded like a young and bewitching beauty.

"Yes. That zombie girl is useful at times like this. Thanks to her background of actively drawing in a great number of cultures, she has an affinity for most anything."

"But, High Priest," cut in a girl's voice that sounded even younger and also childish. "Miss Zombie's theory is essentially the same as holding up opposing mirrors, right? By splitting up our power infinitely, we can intentionally weaken ourselves and avoid destroying the world whenever we move an arm or leg."

"What about it, Niang-Niang?"

"I'm just wondering if the symbol ∞ will really grow weaker when you split it up. I don't want to smash the world up like stained glass the first step I take. We're not like Othinus."

"It doesn't matter if it's a mere deception as long as it works. Just like a Moebius strip or a Klein bottle, some concepts are allowed to exist even if they can't be properly defined, Niang-Niang."

"Yeah, but I prefer practical ideas over theories. You could say I'm the inventor type instead of the scientist type. I have a hard time believing it'll actually work just because the theories all add up. I can't rest easy until I try it out for myself and see that it works."

hat and here's more proof as to the scale of what the book is saying when it describes "Thor rules a single world while Othinus created infinite worlds" and he'd be killed in an instant by her because of it.

• This is the theory behind why Almighty Thor's ability affects the universe
While normal Esper powers work on the quantum level to create changes viewable to the macroworld, Holistic Espers affect the macroworld to make changes barely viewable at all.

"Holism.

In that theory, the entire expanding universe was treated as a single large system or network and things were viewed at the largest scale that humans could manage.

This once branched off to Gaia Theory which viewed the entire Earth as a single environment or ecosystem, but the life forms on the Earth were also affected by solar winds and the gravitational pull of the moon. If you also added in the time axis and other dimensions to that large 'world', you were no longer dealing with just a single planet. In that way, many had gone back to the origins of the theory and talking in true wholes once more.

Gremlin had used Baggage City as a giant testing ground to complete the foundational theory behind psychic powers that used that holism.

The theory itself was simple.

It was the opposite of the butterfly effect that said the beating of a butterfly's wings could cause storms.

In other words, a major change on the global scale could cause flames to come from your palm.

Just saying that the large affected the small may make it a little hard to understand.

However, we are constantly undergoing changes caused by large things.

For example, take the theory of relativity.

Setting aside the precise definition, let us focus on the part that says the flow of time slows the closer an object gets to the speed of light.

A human riding in a car and a human riding in an airplane are in different 'times' that would cause a slight immeasurable error.

So let us make the scale larger.

What about a human on Earth versus a human on the moon? What about a human on the moon versus a human on Mars? Due to rotation and revolution, those people would be within different speeds and therefore different times.

Now let us bring the scale up to the whole.

The universe was created in the Big Bang and is constantly expanding moment by moment. Of course, we of humanity live in the universe and are all moving at the speed of that expansion. This puts us in the relativistic time created by the Big Bang.

Now, let us go through a thought experiment.

The universe is expanding equally in every direction, but what if the expansion speed of a single local area changed?

The change in speed would create a change in time.

An exceedingly large phenomenon would change the concept of time for a tiny human.

Of course, that is merely an example.

However, if you could bend or ball up the entire universe, the side effect of that power would cause an exceedingly microscopic phenomenon that would be immeasurable even with an electron microscope.

Does it seem like a rather roundabout method?

Do you think that if someone had power great enough to alter the expansion speed of the universe, they should just use that power to directly crush the planet or the galaxy?

However, a holistic esper would only notice the flames coming from their palm. Even if some distant galaxy was crushed in the process, that would be all they could comprehend. Just like how a person in a car cannot notice that someone standing on the Earth is in a different time.

As such, an esper created from the whole might only reach a Level 2 or 3
on Academy City's scale. Even if some truly ridiculous thing was occurring in reality, no one would notice it, so it might as well not have been happening. Ironically, this was the same as the concept of zero in quantum theory."

• But wait, this is about Holistic Espers why does it apply to Thor when he's a magician?
The game piece of Almighty Thor remained in place while the world map laid below it was moved.

It sounded simply unbelievable, but Kamijou knew of a technique that would make it possible.

"The battles in Baggage City were also an experiment to see if holistic espers existed. That ridiculous system would smash together multiple distant galaxies to fire flames from the hand. Are you saying you've reached that?"

"That's not what this is. Do you understand why?"

Thor grinned and placed a hand on his hip.

It was obvious he was waiting for Kamijou to steady his breathing.

He sought an even more stimulating battle to gain even more experience points.

"That would eliminate Gremlin's reason for targeting Fräulein Kreutune," said Kamijou. "If you already had a holistic esper, you would've used it in your plan."

"I'm similar but different. It might be a lot like the relationship between Ollerus and the #7. I'm the approximation of someone from the science side. I can produce almost the exact same phenomenon, but I'm not actually one of them. I really am a magician, so I'm not an esper in any way."

Thor even jokes that he'd seem like a Level 2 or 3 Teleporter to people as well.

If necessary, the world would adjust for him. As long as she was on the planet that he held in his hand, he could instantly arrive in front of her even if she had fled to the other side of the world. Although technically, she would be arriving right in front of him.

This quote (credit to LazyHunter for pointing it out) clearly states the limits of thors ability. He can only reach her as long as she is on the planet. Logical conclusion is that thors power moves the planet and not the whole universe.

All other metaphors regarding thors ability only are too show the fact that moving the planet to teleport seems disproportional. They don´t describe the effects of Thors ability, just the dispropartionality of it.

Infinite planets don´t require infinite universes. The same way you can fit infinite 1 cm long line segments on a single infinitely long line, like for example x=y, without the whole coordinate system being filled up by the line. So you can fit infinite finite volumes, like planets, into a single infinite volume, like the universe.

Also keep in mind that the requirement is to create infinite universes at once. Othinus can create a single universe, then destroy it and create another one, again and again, even creating billions of them one after another, by destroying and recreating a single universe, but since she can not actually have multiple of those exist at the same time, but always has to destroy one to create a new one in its place it is only universial.

That quote only says that his ability would work while he was on Earth. That doesnt mean it only affects Earth, especially when the other quotes put Thor at universal.

The universe doesnt jave infinite volume though.

Im not trying to upgrade Othinus, Im just trying to show evidence. And if you jave to destroy infinite yniverses at once, why are Chaos King and Anti Monitor so jigj? They only destroy the multiverse over time.

The Anti-Monitor had absorbed the energy of infinite universes, and the Chaos King had apparently destroyed a higher-dimensional realms in his multiversal destruction. (However, given the extreme inconsistencies from story to story regarding scaling for Marvel, it may be uncertain if for example the dimension of dreams was considered higher-dimensional within this particular storyarc?

Antvasima said:
The Anti-Monitor had absorbed the energy of infinite universes, and the Chaos King had apparently destroyed a higher-dimensional realms in his multiversal destruction. (However, given the extreme inconsistencies from story to story regarding scaling for Marvel, it may be uncertain if for example the dimension of dreams was considered higher-dimensional within this particular storyarc?
You mean Nightmare's realm and Hell? Pretty sure they were, iirc.

Well, the realm of dreams was described as higher-dimensional 20 years earlier in another story, but not within this one, so our rating for Mikaboshi seems a bit uncertain.

DontTalk said:

Sorry for bumping this thread, and I'm not trying to argue anything here, but since Othinus destroyed everything in the Index World, wouldn't that mean she destroyed 11 dimensions? Index World has 11 dimensions, and Othinus destroyed it and recreated her own world, so does that count?

And since even Carissa could cut through at least 11 dimensions, it isn't far fetched to assume Othinus could do something similar.

No, since there isn´t any proof of that.

Also remember that all higher dimensional space in index is simply empty space. So even if you would say that everything really means everything, a timeline is everything there is. The rest is just empty in the ifrst place.

Back