• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Organizing the Site Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinePoint

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Image Helper
The current site rules are terrible. Not from a policy standpoint, but from a simple organizational one. It's a massive, sometimes redundant, wall of text with no headings. Everything I learned from my college business communications class tells me this is a bad idea.

So, I fixed it, or at least started to.
Here's a sandbox.

Per Ant's request, I did not touch the actual contents. I merely added numbered headings, organized the existing rules into categories, and adjusted some grammar slightly to fit the new format. This will make the rules far easier to process, and will even allow us to refer people to them with things like "Please re-read rule 1."

So, what do you all think? Is this better? Do you have any suggested changes? See any errors?

Looks good, but maybe the numbers should be bolded too? Simply for aesthetic reasons.
If there is a way to bold the numbers, then I do not know it.

Last edited:
Looks fine from what I can tell. But I concur with what DDM said though, this could use more inputs from bureaucrats and administrators

Yes, further constructive organisation of our other rules pages would also be very appreciated.

Thank you very much for helping out. 🙏 🙂

I tried to improve a bit on the structure of your draft, and removed the categories from it, as sandbox pages should not contajn them.

Thank you, and my apologies.
They must've copied over when I pasted the source code, I did not even think about it.

Yes, that would probably be a good idea, but the other rules pages are likely more challenging to find a coherent structure, with topic titles, for.

Yes, that would probably be a good idea, but the other rules pages are likely more challenging to find a coherent structure, with topic titles, for.
I will try my best.
Experimenting is what sandboxes are for, after all.

What do you think about this?
It's pretty good. I guess for minor spelling corrections:
Furthermore, do no
should be "do not"
As such, everybody who visit this wiki strictly to attack us, or try to dismantle our tiering system, are categorically permanently banned from our community.
Should be slightly edited to something like this:
As such, everybody who visits this wiki strictly to attack us, or try to dismantle our tiering system, will be permanently banned from our community.
The sentence has two periods rather than one.
It is both controversial and impractical to bring up the contents of religious scriptures..
I think the following:
We are trying to keep this wiki all-ages accessible,
Sounds better if reworded to something like:
We are trying to keep this wiki accessible to all ages,
or
We are trying to keep this wiki accessible to any age range,
I think this sentence
We are well aware of that not all profiles are reliable
Is missing a word maybe? That or "of" needs to be removed. On a similar note:
You are not allowed to discuss or mention of any kind of method or tools that can be used in any way to circumvent the security of the wiki, spam the wiki or otherwise exploit the wiki.
I think the "of" can also be removed here since it's a bit redundant.

I can't see anything else major to change that's not just a slight restructure or maybe changing some words.

So is it fine if we apply the reorganised version of our site rules page now, and continue with the others afterwards?

I have done so:

Would you be willing to continue with our other rules pages please, @FinePoint ?

I have done so:

Would you be willing to continue with our other rules pages please, @FinePoint ?
Certainly.
Though, I have a test today, so I will likely have to start later.

No problem, and thank you very much for helping out.

No problem, and thank you very much for helping out.
It's my pleasure, really.
I do college full-time, and sometimes I forget other obligations if I have a stressful week.
I'm finishing up this week's assignments now, then I'll have time to work on the wiki.

I've already started on the Editing Rules.
You can see my progress on the same sandbox.

I've got everything organized into categories, but they're still very long so I need to find some way to break them down even more.

Okay. Thanks again for your help.

You are obviously not allow to actually modify our rule texts on your own, just to make them more easily overviewed/better ordered.

Okay. Thanks again for your help.

You are obviously not allow to actually modify our rule texts on your own, just to make them more easily overviewed/better ordered.
I know. I did not remove anything.

Okay. That is good then. Thanks again for the help. It is very appreciated. 🙏

Okay. I will do so.

Thank you to everybody who helped out here. 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back