• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The doctor is dropped off into D&D without his TARDIS and must kill Orcus. Can The Doctor be one artificer Orcus won't forget?

Edit: the doctor has a month of prep time.

13th Doctor
Orcus2

Does the doctor get any prep? Or is this a straight up fight?

Well, he could easily solve the skasis paradigm in that time (as long as there is a computer around to do so).

Since the doctor can't get around easily and I'm not familiar with the tech he has available in the D&D universe I'm going to say inconclusive for now.

Hmm, I guess he could still build one out of parts though, from other machines

Wait, D&D has robots? I remember that D&D has Golems, which, if I remember right, are made almost entirely out of solid metal or other materials, like Clay or Flesh. Like, no circuitry, just magically animated metal.

@Inti Thats a homebrew race, which means its not canon. You can tell because that wiki uses a white background for System Reference Document material and that yellow one for Homebrew, as well as the fact it says "Homebrew" at the bottom.

I'm fairly certain Warforged are more similar to Golems than to traditional robots.

"Warforged are physically impressive humanoids made up of magically enchanted materials. The "skin" of a warforged is made of hardened materials such as metal or stone. Beneath this lies the skeleton, made up of similar materials, and the "musculature" of the warforged, made up of leather, wooden fibers, or any leather-like material. Throughout the warforged's body are vessels resembling the circulatory system of organic creatures, complete with a blood-like fluid. The arms of a warforged end in hands with two fingers and a thumb while the feet of the constructs are likewise two-toed."

That description is from this site. I have no idea if that means that the Doctor can't work something out of it, since I'm not a D&D expert nor am I a Doctor Who expert, but I wouldn't classify them as robots, I'd classify them as sentient golems.

I don't know enough about either to have a reliable answer, but I don't see how the Doctor can touch Orcus at all. The explanations on the page seems to indicate that he needs the Tardis to even approach his tier, and Orcus has infinte speed and could just kill him the moment he sees him with Death Manipulation. The fat demon guy gets my vote, though the match is probably a stomp. I could be wrong though, since as I said I don't know either very well.

Back