• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Orcs Must Die! Revisions

Edwellken

RP Elder
So I realize this verse is pretty obscure and there are only a couple of pages for it so far on the wiki (all of which created by me), but there's a lot of information to cover on it and I've been meaning to bring some of it up for a while.

First is Speed, which should be fairly simple.

Several characters fight using actual lightning, including Cygnus who can create actual storms (which I'll go over later.) As shown here for example, lightning based attacks are comparable to their other projectiles, meaning they should have ~MHS combat speed.

For Attack Potency, they're currently rated "At least Wall level" for being able to fodderize enemies that break through large walls and doors with brute force, but there are actually a few impressive feats that can be used instead.

Firstly, just about everyone who uses fire or ice is capable of freezing or vaporizing enemies respectively, examples of feats that are consistently calculated to be around Room level. Of course, the calcs here all use around the mass of an average human, while a lot of the most common enemy types in OMD are several times larger than even the largest humans and are still just as capable of being frozen or vaporized as the little guys. This should put just about all of the non-fodder cast into 9-A, Small Building level by a more than decent margin.

The next few things will probably require actual calcs.

The first is one I requested a while back. Tundra, one of the game's top tiers, freezes an entire fortress and the surrounding waters to stop an invading force before their ships could even reach the shore.

During the meeting however, ships were sighted on the horizon. It was soon realized that these were the ships commandeered by Bloodspike the Brutal at Shark Island. Eventide Cove would soon be under attack. The Order and the grizzlies would have to act quickly if they were to secure Eventide Cove and keep the orcs from invading the Capital. With Bloodspike and his troops closing in, Tundra realized that quick, decisive action was necessary to secure victory. Tundra and his retinue of warriors charged into battle using their unique Avalanche spell. The sheer magnitude of the frost magic they unleashed froze the harbor and brought ice and snow to the fortress, freezing the orcs in their tracks and defeating Bloodspike and his army.
As you can see, this was done immediately as the ships were seen appearing on the horizon, and the effects of the spell actually permanently altered the climate. This would need to be calculated before Tundra and any who scale to him can be added.

The next feat is the previously mentioned storm creation feat performed by Cygnus.

12 Springmarch, Evening
Now that the initial chaos has died down, I may record these events with less… emotional influence.

After much coaxing, Gabriella and I managed to convince Maximilian that he needed to stand in the center of a summoning circle, underneath a rift. The ritual the Weavers decrypted called for 'a human channel' or something of the sort. It DEFINITELY was not the word sacrifice. (We decided to skip over that particular ritual entirely… although I did notice Gabriella's eyes light up a little too brightly when we mentioned it. I should probably keep an eye on that girl.)

After he agreed, and by that I mean we told him he could host the pie-eating contest he's been bugging me about, I performed the rest of the ritual. The first time, I did it without magic. When dealing with such power, it behooved all of us to be sure I had it right. The second time, after calling up a great lightning storm, we reached the climax and my apprentice… my incredibly stupid and irresponsible apprentice… sneezed.

He sneezed.

And lightning went everywhere.

Now, aside from the damage it did to nearby trees, a tower, and most regrettably the same lamp that has been caught up in the crossfire before, no one was hurt. We should all be grateful for that. My beard, however, is sticking straight out from my face and does not seem to be de-electrifying anytime soon- which makes it positively impossible to meditate.
The storm was referred to as "a great lightning storm", and the aftermath dealt damage to the environment so I think we can assume a "strong instability" under the procedures for standard storm creation. Using average human height, this comes out to 4.033302312384E16 Joules, 9.63982388237265 Megatons, City level (7-B). This should apply to Cygnus, and anyone who scales to him, which actually includes Tundra if the map freezing ends up lower.

So in conclusion:

Everyone's speed should be Massively Hypersonic for having comparable attack speed to natural lightning.

Every hero who doesn't scale to Tundra or Cygnus should be 9-A for being able to freeze and/or vaporize giant enemies.

Tundra's freezing feat needs a calc.

Cygnus and everyone who scales should become 7-B.

Actual lightning is massively hypersonic+ and there's a new standard for storm calculations here.

Other than that most of this seems good to me. Maybe requesting a calc for the freezing and vaporization of large monsters is still a good idea to get a picture of how strong the attacks are exactly for those characters?

I think in this case the argument is that the characters use their own power and energy to perform these feats and should be able to use that same power for all their attacks.

Well, it is rather common with glass cannon weather manipulators.

Is harming people with his magic and being able to take hits from them not enough to say he isn't a glass cannon?

Okay. That should be fine to scale him from then.

Back