• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Optimus Prime VS Gundam - Death Battle Edition.

How do you think they will analyze the stuff from the tv series and other media?

2585607-optimus prime by markerguru
Optimus Prime

RX-78-2 Gundam render
RX-78-2 Gundam

Clockworx said:
why

there's literally no reason to expect that based on past events
I think they are mainly saying that. Do to last time deathbattle had a gundam on the show it ended with a low-6B beating a 5A

The Morphing Masters exist above the Morohing Grid, which exists above the multiverse and is a higher plane unaffected by its destruction

Demon Takumo 31 said:
Optimus will stomp, they have to downplay too much OP to make him lose. Just if they scale Optimus to a real truck the Gundam will win

No. downplay Optimus Prime to Michael Bay version would be good enough. Sadly Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime can still win RX-78-2 with his Star Saber.

(Excuse me how I can lock up my duplicated thread here?)

Newendigo said:
Okay, I don't know about how SA will handle this battle, since OP has so many incarnations, so they could like go for those chooses:
*Use OP from the original series, which is the most iconic, no composite.
    • Use Composite OP from G1.
  • Use a Composite OP of everysingle Gen.
Either way, they most of the time OP stomps, unless they straght on decide on use a weaker version to make the fight more "fair".

IDK about Gundam.

If they wank Amuro Ray to have RX-93 Nu Gundam, then composite Amuro Ray with Nu Gundam can pose some challenge against Optimus Prime.

But... G1 OP vs RX-78-2 by Amuro so RIP Amuro certified.

Screwattack seldom disappoints us in the animation department. Except god damn Thor vs Wonder Woman, which is a huge disgrace. Esp. when Balrog vs TJ Combo and Sephiroth vs Vergil are around and they are made with better quality.

They are questioned mainly on the character matchup choices, research and verdicts.

Demon Takumo 31 said:
You think SA will include Matrix of Leadership?
Well I am more interested at how they interpret Matrix of Leadership.

Like if they would interpret it as a "Kryptonite" against evil forces or a good general WMD.

But OP's sheer strength, durability and stamina should help him severely damage Megatro who survived a planet moving explosion in The Ultimate Doom, Part 3. This is nowhere Gundam can reach, even if Amuro can push giant asteroids.

Death Battle-related Spoilers
To not risk any sort of complaints for those who haven't seen the preview or want to wait for the full episode to know anything about the Death Battle, I'll use spoiler tags.
Looks like they're using G1 Optimus, the Gundam stands no chance whatsoever. Not sure if anyone here would want to count it since it's from a crossover but there was that one time that Optimus beat Cthulhu in a fight. The fact that Optimus has been depicted as doing that should be all anyone needs to know. Besides, one is a real robot, the other is a comic book super hero.

Asuka the Demonic Empress said:
Optimus stomps.

I hope they do Madoka vs Sailor Moon soon or something with Joseph Joestar or Fire Emblem.
I wonder if Amuro can win even if SA wank him into Superman + Raven level.

Darn it Madoka stomps SM, SM stomps Star Butterfly and SB stomps Steven Universe afaik.

Persona characters into Death Battle is overdue anyway.

A team fight between FE and a Hylian chicken?

I mean, i thought Jotaro vs Yu made the most sense, Kenshiro is more comprable to Jonathan.

Aigis vs 2B or Aigis vs Genos, maybe.

Marth vs Yukimura Sanada sounds good enough imo.

I know Screw Attack will do some sort of Samus vs Megaman Death Battle eventually, I believe at a Q&A a fan asked about returning fighters and Screw Attack used Samus vs Megaman as a direct example. Whenever they get around to that one, we'll all have a field day with that one to be sure. Don't forget that in the Samus vs Boba remaster SA said that Boba was physically stronger and more durable than Samus, lel.

I just hope they use Megaman X instead of regular megaman, there are fewer chances for them to screw up that badly.

Like the manga.

I dont know if they could consider running away from very, very small blackholes to be MFTL+ material, tho.

And, isnt the Dark Elf stuff like, just a single attack? It doesnt really mean all of their attacks of their movements are MFTL+, just the wave that eliminated the maverick virus.

I think that you got that fight really bad Hunter, cus you mention that every single time.

I have the weird assumption that MM VS SA will not be such as loud fight.

Samus vs Megaman and Megaman X was attempted in the past but it turned into quite the cluster and ended up being inconclusive. SA uses composite versions of certain characters so it would probably be composite Samus vs composite X, whew boy. Any composite version of any Megaman seems inherently unfair to any opponent since X and Classic both have access to over 100 different weapons right off the bat... but now we're getting off topic.

Well, since they already downplayed Megaman to wall level, there are not a lot of justifications for pitting the two of them against each other like that.

They would have to upgrade MM like they did with Ryu. (From fodder martial artist level to Island Level/Meteor level if using non-canon material)

Well, since they already downplayed Megaman to wall level, there are not a lot of justifications for pitting the two of them against each other like that.

They would have to upgrade MM like they did with Ryu. (From fodder martial artist level to Island Level/Meteor level if using non-canon material)
Well Metal Sonic barely lost to Super Sonic. Zero easily beats Metal Sonic in DB S4. Zero survived and did crazy shit and has crazy hax. Megaman X scales to Zero and should be as crazy.

Yeah, but they just said "Megaman vs Samus", not X.

If they were to put the two to fight, MM would have to be upgraded.
Then they better put Mega Man X there instead. Or Mega Man to fight someone else. Unless they really want to nerf Samus or buff Mega Man.

Back