• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OPM Downgrade

The calculation of Hundred-Eyes Octopus attack potency was recalculated (8-A - 7-C). So the minimum potency of a Dragon Level is not "Low 7-B+".

Minimum potency of a Dragon Level = At least Low 7-B/1.22 megatons, likely higher (A Dragon Level should be far superior to Royal Ripper and Bug God)

This is not only for monsters, many humans are affected
Summarizing
A "Low 7-B+" characters will be "At least Low 7-B, likely higher"
A "7-B" characters will be "At least Low 7-B, likely far higher"

I have a problem with that.
In the link you mention, it is mentioned that it is 4.3 feet long, that is, it must be from the tip of your head, up to your tentacles, in the first calculation you only consider the tentacle.
The best way to do this is to find the size of the head in the first calculation.

I will try to find this and send you.

Last edited:
Building (15 floors) = 122 Px | 52.5m
Tentacles = 996 Px | 428.6m
Head = 304 Px | 130.81m

Total length = 559.41m

Now, you took the 20 joules from the page, however, you preached another measure, and the site itself mentions, which is 0.20 meters and 28 grams. Using this:

Weight
  • P = (559.41 / 0.2) ³ * 0.028
  • P = 6.127152941091735e+8 kg
AP
  • E = (559.41 / 0.20) ^ 5 * 20
  • E = 3.4239794e+18 J, or 818 Megatons of TNT (7-A, Mountain level)
Size 2
  • E = (125.72 / 0.2)^5 * 20
  • E = 1.9629167e+15, or 469.14 Kilotons of TNT (High 7-C)

I'm not sure about that, I just used the data on the page.

I mean, the site where you found 20 Joules, mentions the weight and length of the Octopus.
The building thing gave a very similar result, he found 436 meters and I 428 meters, however, I also measured the size of the head.

Where exactly was it decided that this version of the calc is better than the current one?

This is from the Large Size Calc page: "The best practice is to measure the speed directly from the source material. Should that not be possible, but it is known that the character moves relative to its size as fast or faster than its normal-sized counterpart, upscaled speed can be used. To confirm that they are that fast, it must be clear that they, for instance, take steps within the same timeframe or less than a normal human would. If that is the case, then their speed should be x-times higher than that of their normal-sized counterpart, if they are x-times larger."

This octopus is not the most common (blue-ringed octopus). I used it as the basis for the attack potency. But thinking now about the size of a octopus, the normal attack potency should be superior to blue-ringed octopus
Exactly, you can't use his strength and take someone else's height.

Building (15 floors) = 122 Px | 52.5m
Tentacles = 996 Px | 428.6m
Head = 304 Px | 130.81m

Total length = 559.41m

Now, you took the 20 joules from the page, however, you preached another measure, and the site itself mentions, which is 0.20 meters and 28 grams. Using this:

Weight
  • P = (559.41 / 0.2) ³ * 0.028
  • P = 6.127152941091735e+8 kg
AP
  • E = (559.41 / 0.20) ^ 5 * 20
  • E = 3.4239794e+18 J, or 818 Megatons of TNT (7-A, Mountain level)
Size 2
  • E = (125.72 / 0.2)^5 * 20
  • E = 1.9629167e+15, or 469.14 Kilotons of TNT (High 7-C)

I'm not sure about that, I just used the data on the page.
Maybe put this in a blog and get some calc members to look at it.

Multiple calcs being accepted doesn't mean that the biggest one is automatically chosen. It means we have to decide which one is the most consistent one in regards to the verse.

I might be misunderstanding, but I don't think upscaling AP is a good idea, there's way too many factors that affect that. GPE should be way safer. Also, where did you get the octopus AP from anyway?

That's what the other calc uses, right? Mass * Height / 2 * Gravity. Though I'm not sure why they use 10 for gravity instead of 9.81, feels like an unnecessary imprecision

Because there's no source to what you got the octopus AP from? GPE? Not only is GPE an abstraction we make to get AP from giant characters that should not be done for small ones, but if you're gonna use that, then might as well calculate the actual monster's GPE instead

Uh, we only have three IRL octopus profiles and none have a listed AP.

... Out of the billion things wrong with this reasoning I'm just going to point out that refers to lifting strength, not AP. An octopus isn't gonna be knocking your teeth off with a punch. Actually, what profile did you even get that from?

That profile is 10-C and makes it very clear it's a pretty weak animal without its venom. Where did you find that?

Back