• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OPM Downgrade

With everything applied, I’ve realized that Fubuki should probably be High 7-C+ since she’s downscaling from Rover, who is now baseline.

Not really. Everyone’s either baseline or extremely close to it, and the ‘likely higher’ is only done when it’s possible that a character is a higher tier.

To quote directly from the Attack Potency page:

Furthermore, higher may also be used to denote a case where the character is possibly or likely a higher tier, but to what degree is not specified. This is specifically referring to cases such as “At least 4-B, likely higher” or “At least Solar System level, likely higher”.

Man, I can't believe I missed this.

Three things,
1.) on page 37 of the season 2 guidebook, HEO is stated to be able to "destroy a town just by waving its arms back and forth" so it's attack potency shouldn't be downgraded below 7-C. These guidebooks have input from ONE and Murata (interviews, sketches and whatnot), so it's not just a random statement
2.) This is a question- when do we use the
ground-based explosion formulae? Because Mr.Bambu recommended I use the ground-based explosion formula to calc the beam split in this thread and I got the following results for the Psykorochi beam. DarthSpiderr must have missed it and discussion seems to have passed over this suggestion and the results:
(LE, ground explosion) Starting with the diameter for the left front explosion according to Darthspiderr: 2467.55657328m, 1233.778287m radius.
1233.778287^3 * (((27136 * 1.37895) +8649)^1/2)/ 13568 - 93/13568) = 469,982.0381 tons of tnt * 10 (for the ten beam strands) =
1.96640485×10^16 joules or 4.69 megatons, low 7-B+.
3.) Elder Centipede's carapace should scale above Ultra Spiral Incineration Cannon, which is notably stronger than jet drive arrow (JDA broke a tooth, Ultra Cannon melted his insides). I would also argue Bang and Bomb should scale above with Sky Ripping void aura fist. So... Rover's Durability > CFDSF > Bang and Bomb's combo against EC = EC's Carapace > Ultra Spiral Incineration Cannon > Jet Drive Arrow (1.22 megatons).

Basically, I think dragon level threats in general should scale considerably above JDA- it's at best a low dragon attack that managed to destroy one of EC's least durable parts (which was easily regenerable), it should scale considerably below EC's carapace, Bang and Bomb's combos or anything Darkshine is doing

He desperately moved his tentacles in the manga, and only destroyed a few buildings
Can vs. did, when it was writhing in pain it destroyed a few blocks by accident. What if it was actually trying to destroy as much as possible? I don't any reason why it wouldn't be able to destroy much more if it actually focused on destruction. We really only see it A) move throw some buildings and topple them and B) destroy some buildings in the crossfire when it gets injured

Can vs. did, when it was writhing in pain it destroyed a few blocks by accident. What if it was actually trying to destroy as much as possible? I don't any reason why it wouldn't be able to destroy much more if it actually focused on destruction. We really only see it A) move throw some buildings and topple them and B) destroy some buildings in the crossfire when it gets injured
He is an animal that was attacking desperately at everything to protect himself. He is an animal, not an entity capable of controlling its power containing at moments

He is an animal that was attacking desperately at everything to protect himself. He is an animal, not an entity capable of controlling its power containing at moments
There's a few assumptions we need to make before we reach that conclusion, 1) that HEO has animalistic intelligence which is possible but not guaranteed, many animalistic monsters are capable of higher reasoning and octopi are some of the most intelligent animals, 2) that he was attacking everything. Looking at chapter 68 I just don't get that impression, if he was attacking everything surely he would be wading around and swinging his tentacles as far as possible, the AOE of his rolling (I wouldn't call it an attack) is very small considering his size

It seemed pretty animalistic to me. Either way he'd have to be ten times bigger to "level a city", it's likely hyperbole.

Alright, ten times bigger to level a town, same story.
I disagree, if he spun around in a kilometer radius I'm sure that damage would be tier 7. Just because GPE yields tier 8-A+ results doesn't mean 7-C results would be an outlier. After all, Beefcake is only 270m tall and yet he could destroy a city by falling on it, it's entirely possible HEO is unusually dense/fast for his size

Eh, I don't particularly care for scaling OPM all things considered, yall can figure it out, my job's done.

Eh, I don't particularly care for scaling OPM all things considered, yall can figure it out, my job's done.
I'll run another calc if the rest of the thread would be open to potentially higher results via another method. If nothing else, I can calc the damage shown

Damage shown is always fine to calc of course. And yeah I'm fine with other methods, I didn't approve the previous ones cause they felt arbitrary

For it to be Small Toen it must create at minimu a circling explosion with a radius of 638 meters. The radius of the monster with the tentacles extended is 500 meters, it doesn't reach Small Town Level, only almost, something consistent with the current level (8-A+)
Which formula are you using? I'll use at least two different methods if possible. 638 meters should be feasible, some of the tentacles are about that length in other shots, plus we have to consider the width of the core body which may add a couple dozen meters

Back