• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OPM Boros Tier Upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you point at the exact statement that says he combines 2 equal powers or something like that to achieve double power? All the scans seem to say (at least in my opinion) is that he gets unquantifiable stronger
It says he takes the latent energy inside his body and use it to massively boost his speed and power beyond the body limits
9360464-66a26b70-facf-45de-be05-6077d03c0efe.jpeg

So yes it’s both there’s a reason he solely resorts to physical attacks after transforming instead of spamming energy blast and the only energy blast he does which is the CSRC is his maximum output

Potentially, but from what I remember, we tend to avoid upscaling to the baseline of the next tier if the gap is more than 1.5x
That's true, but that's usually for instances where "Character A oneshots Character B, so Character A would upscale"

Boros has a huge scaling chain, so I think a 1.6x would be permissible.

That's true, but that's usually for instances where "Character A oneshots Character B, so Character A would upscale"

Boros has a huge scaling chain, so I think a 1.6x would be permissible.
I'm iffy but I'll defer to staff consensus on that. Frankly, I'd prefer a new thread just because this one's clogged by mad stonewalling

To those still making the other argument, by the way, we've never accepted "it's a huge power boost beyond limits so it should probably be 2x" as a valid line of reasoning. That's just pure "it feels right" scaling without substance

To those still making the other argument, by the way, we've never accepted "it's a huge power boost beyond limits so it should probably be 2x" as a valid line of reasoning. That's just pure "it feels right" scaling without substance
I disagree with that reasoning as well, but I think they have a new argument now more along the lines of "Boros' Energy (18 exatons) is being added onto his physicals (18 exatons), so it should be treated as such (36 exatons)"

Bud scared to tag me because I cooked your arguments

On screen feats backed up by statements = me right you wrong mental gymnastics won’t change that this site has already accepted saitama growth despite 0 statements and even said it’s a lowball meaning boros is no different

Last edited:
Bud scared to tag me because I shredded your argument and exposed you for not accepting on screen feats making you lose any credibility in this thread

On screen feats backed up by statements = me right you wrong mental gymnastics won’t change that this site has already accepted saitama growth despite 0 statements and even said it’s a lowball meaning boros is no different
Your argument is not supported by VS Battles Wiki's own standards. This is not up for debate. It's that simple

I disagree with that reasoning as well, but I think they have a new argument now more along the lines of "Boros' Energy (18 exatons) is being added onto his physicals (18 exatons), so it should be treated as such (36 exatons)"
Was this not the original argument? That’s the impression I got anyway. The “beyond limits” and “statueing” stuff was just to show how it’s arguably higher but 2x should be the lowball based on those two things combining.

I don't think you've seen it. I don't really care about the value tbh, it could maybe even be lower than the suggested value. It's just that calculating a chart that's obviously not meant to be measured is just so... Idk.
Why is the chart - a thing used to measure stuff, not meant to be a measure?
It says he takes the latent energy inside his body and use it to massively boost his speed and power beyond the body limits
9360464-66a26b70-facf-45de-be05-6077d03c0efe.jpeg

So yes it’s both there’s a reason he solely resorts to physical attacks after transforming instead of spamming energy blast and the only energy blast he does which is the CSRC is his maximum output
That's like using your legs as a booster isn't it? Why would that mean he somehow doubles his power.
Also using it as a "booster" doesn't translate to combining it.

That's like using your legs as a booster isn't it? Why would that mean he somehow doubles his power.
Also using it as a "booster" doesn't translate to combining it.
No he explicitly taking the energy from inside his body like op I suggesting for his physical strikes and speed

Because the chart has 0 values given and is definitely not right with the value the calc is as the narrator stated he reached such a level that garou couldn’t even comprehend his new level of power

No he explicitly taking the energy from inside his body like op I suggesting for his physical strikes and speed
So? You mean like using the energy of my legs to enhance the power of my punches?...

Either way as I said using his "latent power as a booster" doesn't translate to direct 1+1< power jump so it doesn't exactly work

in boros's last state. he uses his latent energy as a booster. the energy that comes from his punch is comparable (if not higher considering the latent energy from his punch didnt just vaporized the place they fight but also the bottom.) the energy from it causes that much damage but there is also the power of his punch here.

boros's punches starts to release it after going into MB. the energy is not from his normal power. he releases the energy himself.

my whole argument from the very beginning. because the latent energy from his punch is comparable if not superior to his energy based attack from before. even in his page its accepted as combined power.

my point is not like "his last state is 2x booster." or he has multiplier. both attack is combined and used as a one at the very least here. both attack has the same scaling which is why its 2x (not really. the power difference is huge but we dont have scalings of the energy attack :d, only knowing its stronger than his punch.)
Your argument is not supported by VS Battles Wiki's own standards. This is not up for debate. It's that simple
the point is not really multiplying. but if that attack is the combined version of both. the attack power here is more than 2x stronger. thats why i just say his AP should be 2x higher here since anything more wouldnt be reasonable in wiki's rules and cant be proven in any way.

At least this is an actual argument that doesn't go against our standards

I'd actually find this much more agreeable, since his physicals are 18 exatons, his energy blasts are >18 exatons, and his Meteoric Burst combines them. That'd make this akin to a 1 + 1 = 2 situation, which is something we do accept.

Bud scared to tag me because I shredded you argument and exposed you for not accepting on screen feats making you lose any credibility in this thread

On screen feats backed up by statements = me right you wrong mental gymnastics won’t change that this site has already accepted saitama growth despite 0 statements and even said it’s a lowball
Let's see...

Antagonistic behavior: check

Stonewalling: check

Arguments against site standard: check

Sub-1K post count: not check

...huh. can't even give you the good ol' newbie benefit of the doubt.

So? You mean like using the energy of my legs to enhance the power of my punches?...

Either way as I said using his "latent power as a booster" doesn't translate to direct 1+1< power jump so it doesn't exactly work
the punch after going MB. the latent energy released from there is comparable (if not superior) to his energy attack from before. while his punch is still there.

I'd actually find this much more agreeable, since his physicals are 18 exatons, his energy blasts are >18 exatons, and his Meteoric Burst combines them. That'd make this akin to a 1 + 1 = 2 situation, which is something we do accept.
@Maverick_Zero_X @Damage3245 What do you think of this? I feel this was the OP's actual proposal and it got lost amongst the faulty argumentation from others

No because boros is using the energy the same stuff his beams and regen comes from from to amp it bruh this is backed up by his mere punches causing more damage then his beams and Boros solely relying on physicals instead of his previous beams

heh? that was my argument from the very beginning?

One would have to be a clown to really think Murata drew that up while thinking about the value that people here calculated. Calculating a random panel that's obviously drawn without any consideration of its exact value is just pure boredom. But anyway, let's discuss this in the OPM discussion before those strict dudes get mad.

ohhh
thats more agreeable for sure

One would have to be a clown to really think Murata drew that up while thinking about the value that people here calculated. Calculating a random panel that's obviously drawn without any consideration of its exact value is just pure boredom. But anyway, let's discuss this in the OPM discussion before those strict dudes get mad.
we should have calculate it from the punches. garou is capable of using the same amount of power after saitama hits him once.

saitama hits. garou copies and hits but the next punch is stronger. we know this and we also know their speed. also the manga panel itself shows it was from each punch. and the growth is so high saitama doesnt take any damage while it takes garou to edge then completely disappears. the difference is always one punch here.

No because boros is using the energy the same stuff his beams and regen comes from from to amp it bruh this is backed up by his mere punches causing more damage then his beams and Boros solely relying on physicals instead of his previous beams
So?
We don't know if the author wanted it to be as literal as possible or not and we don't care. You could apply this logic to literally every feat ever and then you would have no power scaling.
We scale what's in the media itself not what the author wants it to be.

We don't know if the author wanted it to be as literal as possible or not and we don't care. You could apply this logic to literally every feat ever and then you would have no power scaling.
We scale what's in the media itself not what the author wants it to be.
Translation:
Our interpretation (calculation) matters the most

anyway. is there still someone who refuses it? based on that we can make an argument.

i think it should be accepted though :d

did you thought my argument was to use MB as an multiplier? well i could say 1+1 too. but 2 x 1 is the same so i didnt see a problem there :d
I think generally people had the idea of it being some arbitrary multiplier because of how Darkphantom was arguing it.

But yeah, generally these things aren't multipliers - rather, just additions of two powers, which is perfectly acceptable

No? What's actually IN the media we're scaling is what matters the most. We're discussing the One Punch Man manga not Muratas wet dreams.
I don't think you've seen the panel in question. Anyone with a functioning brain would react with a 'huh???' to it. Calculating an explosion whose size varies in every panel makes more sense than that. But whatever.

I don't think you've seen the panel in question. Anyone with a functioning brain would react with a 'huh???' to it. Calculating an explosion whose size varies in every panel makes more sense than that. But whatever.
Interesting thing about this whole exchange is how literally all you've been doing is insulting everyone without providing any actual counters besides "according to my headcanon we shouldn't take what's in the manga seriously".

I think generally people had the idea of it being some arbitrary multiplier because of how Darkphantom was arguing it.

But yeah, generally these things aren't multipliers - rather, just additions of two powers, which is perfectly acceptable
so do you agree here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back