• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Strike! Akame vs Master Yi

^hmm...that puts me in a hard position I would go a bit on Akames side since even a scratch can be deadly or if his hand is cut he must cut it off,but still here Yi has Alpha Strike that from what scarlet said can leave him vulnerable but I doubt he would use it like more than once against an opponent like Akame knowing about what happens if he gets hit and there is also a possibility that Akame tricks him since she knows about his ability as well.

I go with inconclusive in this case until someone can give a reason that would convince me differently.

@Heinkel and Scarlet The only canon skins Yi has are his base and Ionia, with PROJECT Yi being an alt-canon skin

ScarletFirefly said:
Heinkel Astrea said:
There is an Assassin Master Yi skin which points out that Yi is as much an assassin as Akame is.
http://ddragon.leagueoflegends.com/cdn/img/champion/splash/MasterYi_1.jpg
There's also a Chosen One Jedi Master Yi. That proves nothing as the skins are not canon.
All of the skins are skin canon, actually. I can delve more into this if you want. But it doesn't matter. What I dispute is your claim that Master Yi's personality is less killy than Akame. There is actually no evidence of this.

Give one example of Master Yi hesitating to kill a known murderer like Akame in canon material. It's not difficult.

Assassin Master Yi simply proves that Yi is fully capable of taking an assassin's mindset.

^Not really. While Yi's attacks during Wuju Style do ignore durability, there's the fact that it's duration is not indefinite and also the most important one.

Even if they do ignore durability, Yi would still need to hit vitals therefore the possibility for Yi to end the fight in a single strike is low since the body area where vitals are, is small. Akame on the other hand doesn't really care about hitting vitals since a single scratch and Yi is dead. Akame's OTK is vastly superior to Yi's

@WB

Skin canon and main canon does not matter in this context. What the skin does here is that it proves he can match the mindset of Akame when killing people like her.

@Skarlet While youre correct in that Akame's Murasame is more overtly lethal than Yi's Wuju Style, you have to remember that the entire concept of Wuju Style revolves around fighting defensively and analyzing the opponent, finding a weak point or a vital spot, and attacking there, allowing Yi is able to end fights with a single blow. Plus, as stated in the OP, Yi knows about the capabilities of Murasame, so he would almost definitely stay on the defensive until he gets a chance to end the fight.

WeeklyBattles said:
Plus, as stated in the OP, Yi knows about the capabilities of Murasame, so he would almost definitely stay on the defensive until he gets a chance to end the fight.
This goes for Akame as well. Both will be on the defensive and waiting a single strike. However more oppotunities will present themselves to Akame due to the nature of her killing methods.

Master Yi is a Chosen One at some point of his life, be it in the past or in the future. It does prove he has the quality to become one.

Likewise, Assassin Master Yi proves that he has the innate quality to become an Assassin.

You still haven't answered my question, to bring evidence here that Yi doesn't know how to be merciless when facing a known murderer like Akame. I am not the one who has to prove a negative claim.

So now you're saying Hecarim, a ghost centaur of war, has the potential or was sometime in his life a metallic arcade-themed centaur? That not only is ridicuouls, but also goes against his lore completely.

He has the potential to become one, sure. We know because it happened already.

Again, where's your evidence of this 'mindset' thingy from canon material?

It's not even a Jedi, Riot has no rights to Star Wars.

We don't even know what a 'Chosen One' is in the LoL context. We do know, however, what an Assassin is.

Still doesn't explain how Hecarim is a arcade themed pony, or any ridiculous skin for that matter. Apparently Corki now can mount a manatee and fly with it. Who knew?

Also here's the part about Yi's desire to not shed blood but teach instead

Spoiler
Yi shooed the monkey away, but the agile creature took great amusement in turning Yi's own techniques against him. Gradually, Yi felt his anger subside as he sparred with the playful animal, and when the burden of his hatred had fully lifted, he found he had caught the monkey by his tail. Yi then understood that he would never master Wuju so long as he pursued it for vengeance, and as he let go of the monkey, he also released his desire to shed his enemy's blood.

Yi thanked the monkey for showing him what he'd been blind to, and was surprised when the creature actually replied. He wished to learn Yi's art of fighting. It was an odd request, but through it Yi saw his new path:

the way to honor the memory of his lost people was to pass their teachings on to a new generation.

@Heinkel Skins are treated as non-canon unless stated otherwise by the lore team.

@Skarlet Believe it or not Arcade Hecarim is actually an alt-canon skin

Damn auto correct xD

Yes you are correct, not every skin is canon, the only canon skins for Yi are the ones i mentioned above

WeeklyBattles said:
Damn auto correct xD
Pls, let's not even talk about that. I spend more time correcting the auto correct than writing my post. Which brings the question... Why don't you just turn it off? Procrastination is the answer.

@Scarlet

That doesn't contradict anything I said or prove yours. If you interpret it the other way at the same time, it proves that he was willing to seek vengence and shed his enemy's blood in the past, such as when he annhilated an entire Noxian army alone for the atrocity they committed in Ionia, at some point of his life. It's not a very different mindset from Akame, during his 'youth', except that he is now much older (the oldest Runeterran human in canon iirc) and experienced to stay more calm.

That doesn't mean he can't regress back to that condition during a fight when faced with someone like Akame who would seek to murder him in cold blood.

This problem is actually quite simple to solve. XMark12, if you think Master Yi's alleged lack of 'killer instinct' gives Akame an unfair advantage in this fight, what is your opinion of using the Assassin Master Yi instead to even the playing field? : ) He should have all the skillset of his original version, except that his 'mindset' too would closely match Akame's now. Only if you use that version, of course, since you said you were willing to change things like this to make the fight more balanced.

Also... I'm sorry for going off-topic momentarily, but I am currently Season 7's one of the top globally ranking Hecarim users in the world as well. I have studied all of his skin lores extensively and would love to discuss him in another place sometime in the future. Well, pretty sure his Worldbreaker would solo AgK so we can't discuss him here, but I'm pretty sure we'll find a good fight for him if we look around long enough. : P

You can find me here, btw. https://www.op.gg/summoner/userName=darkstar+hecarim

Heinkel Astrea said:
@Scarlet
This problem is actually quite simple to solve. XMark12, if you think Master YI's alleged lack of 'killer instinct' gives Akame an unfair advantage in this fight, what is your opinion of using the Assassin Master Yi instead to even the playing field? : )
Lol this is rich. I say something that I believe is an advantage to Akame and you want it removed? While you're at it, remove her Murasame also and give her Kiriichimonji. Did I complain that Yi has quite more experience than Akame? Nope.

That's a real interesting coincidence. The moment I mention Heca, turns out you're a top player of him.

ScarletFirefly said:
Heinkel Astrea said:
@Scarlet
This problem is actually quite simple to solve. XMark12, if you think Master YI's alleged lack of 'killer instinct' gives Akame an unfair advantage in this fight, what is your opinion of using the Assassin Master Yi instead to even the playing field? : )
Lol this is rich. I say something that I believe is an advantage to Akame and you want it removed? While you're at it, remove her Murasame also and give her Kiriichimonji. Did I complain that Yi has quite more experience than Akame? Nope.

That's a real interesting coincidence. The moment I mention Heca, turns out you're a top player of him.

His strengths and abilities remain the same. It's only his personality that changes. Also I am only making that suggestion just to avoid further discussion on 'personality problems' that will allow us to focus on the more important aspects of the fight.

Besides, it's what Xmark12 said in the opening post.

(We can change the rules at any time to make the fight more fair)

I don't think it's a major change either, since all of his stats basically remain the same; in fact, he might be even less battle-experienced, in exchange for his mindset that will make him take Akame more seriously.

It's not a fair fight when the opposition claims that one of them is not interested in killing the other person in the first place. My suggestion is to eliminate that problem altogether; We generally shouldn't pick fights where only one person intends to win in a battle to the death.

As a solution, we have an Assassin Master Yi skin that I propose we can use. It's still an official material from Riot.

First, please don't quote large amounts of text.

Second, no one said Yi doesn't have a resolve to kill, don't twist my words. I said Akame's mindset is an advantage to her since Yi will refrain from killing unless necessary. It's part of his character.

Third. Just because it doesn't change stats, doesn't mean the fight won't change. By that logic, I'd say remove Yi's fighting experince since this doesn't affect stats, just his fighting will be less refined.

And fourth, that's one of the reasons why I believe Akame would take this and I mentioned them in my very first post.

A part of his character post-Wukong encounter. For hundreds of years he killed an untold number of Noxians to defend Ionia.

I doubt Master Yi would find the difference between a Noxian soldier, an assassin like Katarina in the trailers that he fought, and Akame, except maybe her looks, during a battle to the death.

Master Yi has no lack of experience killing people, Helm's Deep style, compared to Akame.

Heinkel Astrea said:
A part of his character post-Wukong encounter. For hundreds of years he killed an untold number of Noxians to defend Ionia.
What are you on about dude? Yi is not ancient rofl. And as always you keep missing my point entirely.

ScarletFirefly said:
Heinkel Astrea said:
What are you on about dude? Yi is not ancient rofl.

Master Yi himself has studied the arts of Wuju for more than a thousand years. He is the oldest known living human on Valora, but to gaze upon him, you would guess him no more than thirty years old. The art of Wuju lives on in Master Yi, and is plunged through the hearts of his foes.

Do you even know what you are talking about?

What point am I missing here?

You keep spouting the unsubstantiated theory that Master Yi's tendency to not kill except when it is necessary gives him a match-losing disadvantage.

The thing is, he is someone vastly more experienced enough than Akame to know when killing is necessary.

Especially when the subordinates of his, the Wuju School, have no problem pursuing psychopathic killers like Jhi.

Jhin is a meticulous criminal psychopath who believes murder is art. Once an Ionia prisoner, but freed by shadowy elements within Ionia's ruling council, the serial killer now works as their cabal's assassin. Using his [1] gu as his paintbrush, Jhin creates works of artistic brutality, horrifying victims and onlookers. He gains a cruel pleasure from putting on his gruesome theater, making him the ideal choice to send the most powerful of messages: terror.

LoreEdit
For years, Ionia's southern mountains were plagued by the infamous 'Golden Demon'. Throughout the province of Zhyun, a monster slaughtered scores of travelers and sometimes whole farmsteads, leaving behind twisted displays of corpses. Armed militias searched the forests, towns hired demon hunters, [2] Wuju masters patrolled the roads - but nothing slowed the beast's grisly work.

You think Master Yi will treat Akame differently from someone like Jhin (well she's not a total psychopath, but he knows how to deal with a murderer). Given the evidences here, I disagree.

Assassin Yi is simply the most straightforward way to handwave that problem altogether by OP fiat.

Again, please mind the formatting of your posts, it's very hard to read.

And, that's the lore from the Beta so...yeah.

Also those Wuju patrollers could very much be there to apprehend Jhin instead of killing. Even if not, it doesn't explain in the slightest Yi's philosophy. Just because some praticioners of the style could be killers, doesn't mean all are. Looks at Shen and Zed, both from the Kinkou, raised under the same master and couldn't be more different.

Also I never said Yi's philosphy is the reason he loses this. That's one of other reasons, which I believe it's the second time, now third, I'm mentioning. Not going to go at this again.

So what's your opposition to requesting the OP to use Assassin Master Yi if it is so unimportant in determining the outcome of this match? The change would be no more than cosmetic in that case, no?

I was also a Diamond player from Beta to Season 7 in South Korea, keeping track of its lores (even on somewhat personal basis with Riot employees), so thank you very much. It's actually quite easy prove that Master Yi is centuries old by directly asking Riot about it. I have done it a lot of times already to help the LoL page editors here.

Ionian Lore Update Event in the Universe hasn't come yet, so that's the only indictor of how old he is so far without contradiction.

I will ask members here first (COB in particular) whether they believe my statement as it is or think that asking Riot would be necessary.

Yi's current philosophy is also from Season 2, so it's no wonder it's not in line with the current lore.

And I'm eliminating that line of argument first before I can move to the next.

Beta lores are completely different from current ones. Unless there is official statements regarding his age, there is no other indication.

So what's your opposition to requesting the OP to use Assassin Master Yi if it is so unimportant in determining the outcome of this match? The change would be no more than cosmetic in that case, no?
I could ask you the same question. Since it doesn't really change much, why remove it then?

And wrong example. You should know Shen's lore more closely, really.

Enforcing that equilibrium was its own struggle. For the task, Shen carried two blades on his back. One was an Ionian steel saber that could cleave through a person in one blow. The other was a sword of pure arcane energy. It was used for dealing with spirits, and had been passed down through many generations of Shen's ancestors. He had slain countless demons, ghosts, wraiths, and sprites with it over the years, and fully expected to take one more before the day was done.

Shen looked at the sticky, smoldering pools that were mighty beings of the otherworld just moments ago. Then he turned his gaze toward the priest and the wailing imp.

"I am sorry for this, Your Holiness," he said. He placed his spirit blade back into its scabbard and drew his steel saber instead. It was not the sword he had expected to use that day.

http://gameinfo.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/game-info/champions/shen/#champion-lore

You have to read the story in full to understand the context of him choosing to kill the humans instead of the demons.

Despite his do-gooder potential Shen would cut Akame in half without hesitation if he could.

I know what you are saying, that people from the same order with the same teaching aren't necessarily always the same, but I'm saying that your example in this case is wrong.

Again you misunderstand me. That example was to make you see that people who received the same teaching can have different philosophies. I didn't say Shen is a pacifist. He's just very different from Zed.

That's why Shen is still in the Order, while Zed is not. Next.

Once again, it's not the same example as Master Yi's relationship with his pupils who are taught by him, and it's also irrelevant to the question whether Master Yi is willing to crush Akame without mercy. My point is that he is.

Using Assassin Master Yi is a good way to shut down misleading arguments that Akame has a mindset advantage in this scenario (if not pushed by you, then by any other. You just reminded me about it). No other particular reason.

Alright. I will ask Riot whether they have chosen to retcon Master Yi's age over the years. Now.

Fyi, this is not my first time having asked NA Riot about Master Yi and Wukong (to Thermal Kitten, RGCatzpaw, and Hexadriven with identical set of questions for consistency) specifically for VS purpose. Some members here were there when I asked the question as well.

I will get back to you when I receive their replies on Master Yi's age.

Well, I dunno about others, but I'm here to debate in the first place, I'm not here to cast a vote and move along with my day. So anything causing debate I'm okay with, as long as it's kept within reason and doesn't derail the thread. Since no one of us is being convinced from the arguments presented, let's agree to disagree I guess.

I dunno about others either, but personally I think 'equalizing mindset' is something that should generally be less balance-breaking than 'equalizing speed' to influence a VSbattle.

If equalizing hard numbers such as speed for the sake of balance is permitted, then I argue that equalizing abstract concepts such as 'mindset' should be something that can be done more trivially.

Master Yi just has an official way to make that happen.

Aaaalllrighty. Just came home from school aaaannnddd I lost track.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it 2 - 4 - 1 right now?

Back