• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One question about a specific thing in question.

So....if a person could manipulate how something functions (For example Relativity or Yin and Yang)...would it be considered as manipulating a concept or manipulating a law?

Last edited:
Do you mean manipulating the concept of Relativity or the concept of Yin and Yang?

Because the way you phrased you're question makes it seem as if it's just manipulating the knowledge and information regarding the concept Relativity or the concept of Yin and Yang.

Do you mean manipulating the concept of Relativity or the concept of Yin and Yang?

Because the way you phrased you're question makes it seem as if it's just manipulating the knowledge and information regarding the concept Relativity or the concept of Yin and Yang.
Eh? So it just depends on what the theory is in general?

No you specifically stated "Manipulate a Specific Theory" which just means manipulating the knowledge and information regarding the concept.

If anything it may be just Information Manipulation?
So it's a a high level of information manipulation? Like the information that generally make up reality?

If you mean theory like I think you mean, it would depend on more context but it would most likely be concept manip from that

If you mean theory like I think you mean, it would depend on more context but it would most likely be concept manip from that
So why would it be more likely concept manipulation then law manipulation? Because it seems to have very blatant differences.

Concepts
'Concept' is a term that is widely used in everyday English to mean an idea. It has the same general meaning in a scientific context and is often used to refer to an abstract idea. A concept can be exceptionally broad or very specific. For example, 'plants' and 'animals' are both concepts that help scientists, and everyone else, distinguish objects meaningfully in the natural world. 'Mammal' is a conceptual term that refers to a particular type of animal. A concept can be based in experience or may be entirely imaginary; 'music' is an experience-based concept, whereas a 'dragon' is a concept that exists only in the mind.

Theories
A theory is a well-established scientific principle that is supported by convincing experimental and observational evidence. A theory has strong explanatory power that helps scientists understand and describe the universe and make predictions about future events. The theory of natural selection, advanced by Charles Darwin in the 19th century, is one of the central organizing principles of evolutionary biology. Einstein's special theory of relativity revolutionized physics in the early 20th century. Other well-known theories in modern science include the geological theory of plate tectonics and the germ theory of disease in medicine.

So it's a a high level of information manipulation? Like the information that generally make up reality?
I don't think so, it's just manipulating the theory or the knowledge and information intended to explain the concept and not the concept itself.

It would just change the information and knowledge within the theory on a global scale to whatever you want it to be.

I'd guess it would be like changing any and all information (Mental information, Written information, Digital information) people have about the thing you want changed

I don't think so, it's just manipulating the theory or the knowledge and information intended to explain the concept and not the concept itself.

It would just change the information and knowledge within the theory on a global scale to whatever you want it to be.

I'd guess it would be like changing any and all information (Mental information, Written information, Digital information) people have about the thing you want changed
I mean the ones that change all information on a universal scale.

I'm pretty sure great sage is talking about the theory in the sense of laws that define reality with the specification of theories of relativity and ying and yang. The specific part was just seems to be mainly about a theory in particular

I'm pretty sure great sage is talking about the theory in the sense of laws that define reality with the specification of theories of relativity and ying and yang. The specific part was just seems to be mainly about a theory in particular
Yes

So....if a person could manipulate how something functions (For example Relativity or Yin and Yang)...would it be considered as manipulating a concept or manipulating a law?
It is probably manipulating more concepts if yang, yin, and relativity are more accurate to their respective definitions.

Last edited:
If yin and yang here is literally yin and yang, that could be conceptual manipulation and can lead to 1-A ratings, potentially

Back