• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man update

In this discussion, I will try to prove that the Boros ray is not High 6-A, but 5-B or possibly 4-C.

1-2) Scan from a web comic. Boros in the original says:

þ©ä,ÒÇì 『 Õà¿Òé¿ÒâìÒâ½Òé«Òâ╝ÒéƵö¥ÒüíÞ▓óµºÿÒééÒéìÒü¿ÒééµÿƒÒü«Þí¿Õ£ÿÒéƵÂêÒüùÚúøÒü»ÒüùÒüªÒéâÒéìÒüà

Translation: Rope, "" Give away all the energy and eradicate the star's surface.

But in an English translation, he said that he would "wipe Saitama from the face of the earth." I do not know why.

3-4) The official OPM Databook states that the Boros ray is capable of destroying the Earth (I highlighted the symbols).
Òüƒþ®ÂµÑÁµèÇÒÇü ÒüØÒéîÒü»Õ£░þÉâÒéÆþá┤µ©øÒüäÒüíÒüæÒüòÒüòÒüòÒüøÒéï - It is the ultimate skill to destroy the Earth.

https://imgur.com/a/6FOHO - link to this Databook.

5) This is the official OPM Compus (https://imgur.com/r/OnePunchMan/zlC2F - the whole Compus)
6-7) It states that the Boros Ray is capable of destroying a star. Especially for skeptics, I decided to translate the original text so that you can verify the accuracy of the translation.

µÿƒÒéƵÂêÒüùÚúøÒü░ÒüÖÒü╗Òü®Òü«Õ¿üÒé½ÒéÆÞ¬çÒéïÒâ£Òâ¡Òé╣Òü«þ®ÂµÑÁµèÇÒÇîµ£ï Þ│¢µÿƒÕÆåÕÿ®þá▓ÒÇìÒü½Õ»¥µèùÒüÖÒéïÒâÖÒüÅÒÇü þ╣ìÒǃÒéÁÒéñÒé┐Òâ×Òüîþ╣░ÒéèÕç║ÒüùÒüƒÒü«Òü»ÒÇîÒâ×Ò驵«┤ÒéèÒÇìÒÇéZÒéîÒü¥ÒüºµÖ«ÚÇÜÒü«ÒâæÒâ│ÒâüÒâ╝µÆâÒüºµ▒║þØÇÒéÆÒüñÕ╗┐ÒüªÒüìÒüƒÒéÁÒéñÒé┐Òâ×ÒüáÒüîÒÇüÕú«þÁÂÒâæÕì£Òâ½Òü½ÒüñÒüäÒü½ÕêçÒéèµ£¡ÒéÆÕç║ÒüÖ!!

As opposed to Boros's ultimate technique, "Toho Sengaku no Takan", which boasting the power of erasing stars, the embroidery ÒǃSaitama is a" serious strike ". Saitama has been settled by ordinary
1 ð▓ðÁð▒ð║ð░
punchy shots until Z, but finally he gives a trump card to the fierce pal !!
8) In the same Compus, it is indicated that he is capable of destroying the planet with his power.

2 ð▓ðÁð▒ð║ð░
4 ð▒Ðâð║
5 ð║ð¥ð╝ð┐ð░Ðü
3 ð║ð¥ð╝ð┐ð░Ðü
6 ðùðÆðòðùðöðÉðÉðÉðÉðÉðÉðÉðÉðÉðÉðÉ
7 ðùðÆðòðùðöðÉðÉðÉðÉðÉðÉðÉðÉðÉðÉðÉ
8 ðÀð▓ðÁðÀð┤ð░

Well, basically everything is true, since one page says about the destruction of the planet, and the last one about the Star, why should they repeat themselves?

Oh boy.

þ©ä,ÒÇì 『 Õà¿Òé¿ÒâìÒâ½Òé«Òâ╝ÒéƵö¥ÒüíÞ▓óµºÿÒééÒéìÒü¿ÒééµÿƒÒü«Þí¿Õ£ÿÒéƵÂêÒüùÚúøÒü»ÒüùÒüªÒéâÒéìÒüà

Translation: Rope, "" Give away all the energy and eradicate the star's surface.

But in an English translation, he said that he would "wipe Saitama from the face of the earth." I do not know why.

That is not what the quote says. The word "µÿƒ" is not star but reflective celestial body. In context it can mean comet, asteroid, planet, or star . Boros was literally facing the Earth when he said this quote, not the sun. In no scenarios would this be translated to star by someone that knows Japanese.

The official OPM Databook states that the Boros ray is capable of destroying the Earth (I highlighted the symbols). Òüƒþ®ÂµÑÁµèÇÒÇü ÒüØÒéîÒü»Õ£░þÉâÒéÆþá┤µ©øÒüäÒüíÒüæÒüòÒüòÒüòÒüøÒéï - It is the ultimate skill to destroy the Earth.

Here's the important thing here, the word used for destroy is þá┤µ╗à. Why is that important? Because þá┤µ╗à means destroy in thefigurtive sense of the word. Not in the actual sense.

µÿƒÒéƵÂêÒüùÚúøÒü░ÒüÖÒü╗Òü®Òü«Õ¿üÒé½ÒéÆÞ¬çÒéïÒâ£Òâ¡Òé╣Òü«þ®ÂµÑÁµèÇÒÇîµ£ï Þ│¢µÿƒÕÆåÕÿ®þá▓ÒÇìÒü½Õ»¥µèùÒüÖÒéïÒâÖÒüÅÒÇü þ╣ìÒǃÒéÁÒéñÒé┐Òâ×Òüîþ╣░ÒéèÕç║ÒüùÒüƒÒü«Òü»ÒÇîÒâ×Ò驵«┤ÒéèÒÇìÒÇéZÒéîÒü¥ÒüºµÖ«ÚÇÜÒü«ÒâæÒâ│ÒâüÒâ╝µÆâÒüºµ▒║þØÇÒéÆÒüñÕ╗┐ÒüªÒüìÒüƒÒéÁÒéñÒé┐Òâ×ÒüáÒüîÒÇüÕú«þÁÂÒâæÕì£Òâ½Òü½ÒüñÒüäÒü½ÕêçÒéèµ£¡ÒéÆÕç║ÒüÖ!!

This is the same as the first one. Translating everything but Hoshi

In order to oppose Boros' ultimate technique [Collapsing Star Roaring Canon] which boasts enough power to blow away "µÿƒ" ,what Saitama pulled out was a [Serious Punch]. Even though up until now every battle had been concluded with a normal punch, he finally uses his trump card to end a terrific battle !!

There is no context that supports star. Boros was literally facing the Earth when he said his line, not facing the Sun. Also even if this was translated correctly, this would be a 4-B feat and more importantly only apply to anime Saitama/Boros

8) In the same Compus, it is indicated that he is capable of destroying the planet with his power.

Your scan says latent energy. Latent means hidden or concealed. This is about Boros with his power unsealed or in Meteoric Burst, not about armored Boros.

@Qawsedf234

Thank you for helping out.

Thats is not what the quote says. The word "µÿƒ" is not star but reflective celestial body. In context it can mean comet, asteroid, planet, or star . Boros was literally facing the Earth when he said this quote, not the sun. In no scenarios would this be translated to star by someone that knows Japanese.

This is the same as the first one. Translating everything but Hoshi

In order to oppose Boros' ultimate technique [Collapsing Star Roaring Canon] which boasts enough power to blow away "µÿƒ" ,what Saitama pulled out was a [Serious Punch]. Even though up until now every battle

There is no context that supports star. Boros was literally facing the Earth when he said his line, not facing the Sun. Also even if this was translated correctly, this would be a 4-B feat and more importantly only apply to anime Saitama/Boros

Well, you're right. But it turns out that this is the level of the planet, right? At least the context that Boros means destroying the planet. And isn't 4-B a system level? I just spoke only about 4-C and I don't understand why you said about 4-B. And yet, why did you say about Boros in restraining armor? I was not talking about him

But it turns out that this is the level of the planet, right?

No. µÿƒÒü«Þí¿Õ£ÿ means "Surface of this planet". Its High 6-A. The manga guidebook supports this with the "Ruin the planet" quote.

At least the context that Boros means destroying the planet.

Only the anime is 5-B. Since Boros gets rid of the Þí¿Õ£ÿ part. Meaning he said "I will fire all of my energy to destroy you and this planet" rather than "you and the surface of this planet".

I just spoke only about 4-C and I don't understand why you said about 4-B.

Boros was not facing the sun when he spoke. An explosion that could destroy the sun from an Earth based explosion is 4-B not 4-C.

And yet, why did you say about Boros in restraining armor?

Misread your intention there, my bad.

Qawsedf234 said:
But it turns out that this is the level of the planet, right?
No. µÿƒÒü«Þí¿Õ£ÿ means "Surface of this planet". Its High 6-A. The manga guidebook supports this with the "Ruin the planet" quote.

At least the context that Boros means destroying the planet.

Only the anime is 5-B. Since Boros gets rid of the Þí¿Õ£ÿ part. Meaning he said "I will fire all of my energy to destroy you and this planet" rather than "you and the surface of this planet".

I just spoke only about 4-C and I don't understand why you said about 4-B.

Boros was not facing the sun when he spoke. An explosion that could destroy the sun from an Earth based explosion is 4-B not 4-C.

And yet, why did you say about Boros in restraining armor?

Misread your intention there, my bad.

I checked Þí¿ Õ£ÿ and they do not mean Surface, but mean front. Surface mean other characters

Qawsedf234 said:
Þí¿ =Surface, Face, Exterior

Õ£ÿ = A proper noun for association

The kanji together mean "The surface or face with whatever kanji these two are associated with". In this context its µÿƒ or planet.
Once again I checked your symbols and what you said does not mean the surface of the planet but means Þí¿ =

Code:
table, front, obverse, head of a coin, first half of an innings, mat covers. I also went to check what symbols the surface means and among them there is this Þí¿ symbol, but the phrases for the surface are different, namely = Þí¿ÚØó = Surface or other options surface = Þí¿ÚØó, ÚØó, Þí¿Õ▒ñ, õ©èÚØó, ÕñûÚØó, õ©èÚâ¿

My dude, even your definiation includes surface and front. Even the OP's incorrectly translated version of the webcomic gets the surface part right. µÿƒÒü«Þí¿Õ£ÿ is "Surface of the Planet".

Well, µÿƒÒü«Þí¿ÚØó does litterly mean "surface of the star", yet in this context, its translates as "blow you away from the planet's surface". It is more of a treat, than actual attack level. Then in the datebook there is "Õ£░þÉâÒéÆþá┤µ╗àÒüòÒüøÒéï" which litterly means "destroying or ruining the earth". There is nothing about it's surface or the star. And at the end, we have compus, which says the same "destruction of the planet" So in all conclusions, Boros's "collapsing star cannon" is capable of obliterating the planet, and not the star or some surface.

Well, µÿƒÒü«Þí¿ÚØó does litterly mean "surface of the star", yet in this context, its translates as "blow you away from the planet's surface".

It doesn't. µÿƒÒü«Þí¿ÚØó just means "Surface of [Celestial Body]". µÂêÒüùÚúøÒü░ is what means "To blow/blast/scatter" away. The full quote

• Õà¿Òé¿ÒâìÒâ½Òé«Òâ╝ÒéƵö¥ÒüíÞ▓┤µºÿÒééÒéìÒü¿ÒééµÿƒÒü«Þí¿ÚØóÒéƵÂêÒüùÚúøÒü░ÒüùÒüªÒéäÒéìÒüå
Is what translates to "I will fire all of my energy to blast away you and the surface of this planet". If you meant "µÿƒ is star" then that's also wrong. The word is always context sensitive in terms of what definition to use.

"Õ£░þÉâÒéÆþá┤µ╗àÒüòÒüøÒéï" which litterly means "destroying or ruining the earth"

I have explained that already. þá┤µ╗à means destroy in the figurtive sense of the word. In the above quoted part you already provided evidence to back my point. The quote is in context of the manga, which has the CSRC be surface wiping. Which would ruin the Earth but not destroy it.

So in all conclusions, Boros's "collapsing star cannon" is capable of obliterating the planet

Anime Boros yes. Manga/Webcomic Boros is not and there's no evidence backing it.

Back