• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man Top Tiers 7-B Upgrade

Metal knight explosion feat

I found this feat from another thread, but it was forgotten about I guess. The anime version of this feat was actually calculated but we shouldn't be using the anime version since the manga is more canon.

According to the official databooks, the meteor that was going to fall on City Z was 200 meters in diameter. Metal Knight launches his missiles at the meteor and the explosion is massive. The moment before the detonation of the missiles, we're able to see the size of the meteor from Genos' perspective, and from that same distance, we get to see the explosion.

As a lowball, the explosion's length is 20 times the size of the meteor. The meteor was falling in this angle so using 200 meters to get the explosion size should be fairly accurate.

We could estimate that the explosion is roughly 4.5 km in length. According to this site , a nuclear explosion with a diameter of 5 km would be roughly 45 megatons.

This is an unbelievably rough estimation of the power of the explosion. If anyone can actually calc it, that would be much appreciated. But regardless, an explosion that is 4.5 km in length could possibly warrant an upgrade.

Directly link the source/scan where it's stated the meteor is 200 meters in diameter if possible.

Also are those the actual manga pages? they seem to be cropped and edited together, so if that's the case It'd be wise to post the uncropped scans so people can take a better look at the feat.

Maybe post this in the calculations request thread? Although there's nothing supporting the explosion being nuclear so you have to half the result I believe

AguilaR101 said:
Directly link the source/scan where it's stated the meteor is 200 meters in diameter if possible.
Also are those the actual manga pages? they seem to be cropped and edited together, so if that's the case It'd be wise to post the uncropped scans so people can take a better look at the feat.
https://onepunchman.wikia.com/wiki/One-Punch_Man:_Hero_Perfectio (Length of meteor)

And yep, those are the actual manga pages and I didn't crop or edit them in any way. Those are the full pages and they're in that order, feel free to check if you want.

GyroNutz said:
Maybe post this in the calculations request thread? Although there's nothing supporting the explosion being nuclear so you have to half the result I believe
Even if we were to half the result, it would still be city level, if the 45 megatons is accepted.

Technically speaking, it'd have to be scaled more accurately to be accepted as well.

Well the explosion being 20 times longer than the meteor is a lowball. It's very likely larger than that.

The current calc looks fine imo. The reason the anime was used wasn't because its more canon, but that the manga version gives no frame of reference to scale from.

Back