• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Tanktop Master Profile Revamp

Recon1511

He/Him
Hello, it's me again with another revamp for the rather poor OPM profiles that have been left to stagnate for a long time. So here we are with Tanktop Master, he is a pretty simple and straightforward character but even then his profile is lacking, let's fix that.

Current version:

Revamp:

• Changed his quote for one about tanktops since that's his whole thing.
  • Changed his summary to be brief and not just a copy paste of the OPM wikia
  • Added a new "Buffed by Fubuki" key to account for his feats during the Monster Association arc since he was indeed under the effects of her buff when he performed feats like throwing a building at Psykorochi and holding off Gums jaw.
  • Expanded on the explanation of his Extrasensory Perception and made it limited since it's not really that strong
  • Added Aura, Enhanced Senses and Marksmanship
  • Made his speed Hypersonic on his first key by scaling him above Puri-Puri Prisoner who considers himself a "regular man" compared to the rest of the S Class, I'm not really sure about this scaling but I couldn't really find any alternatives. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.
  • Removed the Class G scaling because as I see it, Tanktop Master didn't stop that massive robot, it seemingly just stopped on its own before crushing him.
  • Class M calc for base TTM throwing a Transmission Tower added, it's yet to be evaluated so I'd appreciate if someone did.
  • Added a Class P calc for TTM throwing a building at Psykorochi (Rejected)
  • Replaced by a Class T calc
  • Expanded on his Stamina section
  • Added gifs for the Tanktop Punch and Tanktop Blow
  • Added a small gallery
  • Suggested by Saman Patou: Added Acrobatics and Vibration Manipulation

If you are a CGM reading this and have the spare time please do evaluate the Class M calc.

Anyway, that's it for now the next revamp will be for Puri-Puri Prisoner and probably Darkshine afterwards.

Last edited:
Agreed, I'm a little curious if there are any characters that can be scaled to Tanktop Master Buffed by Fubuki, like Fuhrer Ugly and Monster Association dragon levels and heroes that can fight them.

Looks good, though I'm unsure about the need of a key for his temporary empowered state.

I believe he could deserve a few minor abilities, such as Low Regeneration (from recovering in two days from broken bones), Acrobatics (shown at least once when landing after throwing the phone tower) and Vibration Manipulation (if the Tank Top Blow is used in the same fashion also in the manga).

Marksmanship should be replaced with Superhuman Precision, given the distinction we now draw.

Could you tell me why the Class G calc is invalid for that key? Iirc it happened in a side story or such, so outside of Fubuki's enhancement.

Looks good, though I'm unsure about the need of a key for his temporary empowered state.
Because his feats during the MA Arc are way above prior showings and it causes contradictions in the scaling otherwise. Like, Human Garou (who is way inferior to a Demon level monster like Bug God) beat the shit out of him and in the MA arc Tanktop Master is out here wrestling somewhat evenly with Gums, a Cadre.
I believe he could deserve a few minor abilities, such as Low Regeneration (from recovering in two days from broken bones), Acrobatics (shown at least once when landing after throwing the phone tower) and Vibration Manipulation (if the Tank Top Blow is used in the same fashion also in the manga).
Yes, I'll add them. Though I don't know if one can say he has regen or the Hero Association Hospitals are just that good.
Could you tell me why the Class G calc is invalid for that key? Iirc it happened in a side story or such, so outside of Fubuki's enhancement.
Well you can read the bonus chapter here, I always got the impression that the gag here was that Bofoi stopped moving the massive robot because it already reached its destination and Tanktop Master wasn't actually pushing it at all.

https://cubari(dot)moe/read/gist/OPM/37-6/1/

Well you can read the bonus chapter here, I always got the impression that the gag here was that Bofoi stopped moving the massive robot because it already reached its destination and Tanktop Master wasn't actually pushing it at all.
The Databook affirms he stopped the robot
If one can master wearing the tank-top, he can even force back a giant mecha with only. his arm strength! Nothing is impossible with a tank-top!!

Well I personally disagree with using it but if people prefer it then I don't mind making him Class G again

Uhm, I do see your point, but there's a little panel showing TTM crashing onto the robot's foot and creating some sort of attrition underneath it.
It could be useful to interpret the onomatopoieas used in those panels to try and get an idea of what's actually happening, because Bofoi did indeed reach his destination and the robot was clearly manned.
All the TT guys also misinterpreted the intention of the robot, given how they try fight to fight the drones which are there just for their work.

Uhm, I do see your point, but there's a little panel showing TTM crashing onto the robot's foot and creating some sort of attrition underneath it.
It could be useful to interpret the onomatopoieas used in those panels to try and get an idea of what's actually happening, because Bofoi did indeed reach his destination and the robot was clearly manned.
All the TT guys also misinterpreted the intention of the robot, given how they try fight to fight the drones which are there just for their work.
Yeah that's how I see it but the databook also suggests otherwise, I can put the Class G calc back if enough people think its valid.

Anyway I added the other stuff you suggested.

Maybe we can settle for a Class M, possibly Class G, giving the explanation and pointing out at the guidebook?

Bump again

I also want to point out the new Low 7-B value will change the ratings of a lot of profiles so I want to be sure everyone is on the same page here and agrees with the calc so we don't have to remove it in like a month like it has happened before.

Bump again

I also want to point out the new Low 7-B value will change the ratings of a lot of profiles so I want to be sure everyone is on the same page here and agrees with the calc so we don't have to remove it in like a month like it has happened before.
I'm a little curious, based on your low 7-B calculations, the count has changed the speed of Psykos' new beam from 68929.3571058 m/s to just 22880.3843 m/s. Would this result in the character's MSH speed being only HH+? no

I did add the Psionically Enhanced bit

My main concern is the Low 7-B and Class P calc, I want people to check it and agree with it because a lot of profiles will get affected by this and I don't want to have to change them again in a month like it has happened before.

Going by the page
In other words it measures the amount of upwards force a character can produce. As such pushing and pulling feats are also considered a part of this statistic, granted they are properly calculated to account for the difference to lifting.
Throwing something isn't lifting strength automatically. Considering the building would also break friction logic with the speed/force its thrown at, I wouldn't really use it as a mass upgrade option.

I will be honest with you I don't even understand what Kachon is trying to calculate here, it seem the calc is assuming Psykos' beam is moving much faster than Atomic Samurai's faster than sound slashes and then using that beam speed to calculate the speed of the building which somehow gave a result three times faster than the beam even though that doesn't seem to be the case? And then using Scan 5 as if was Psykos exact field of view and the distance between the building and Psykos.

I'm calling a few calc group members like @Dalesean027 who evaluated the blog and @Damage3245 and @TheRustyOne to take a look to see if they can understand it better than me.

the calc is assuming Psykos' beam is moving much faster than Atomic Samurai's faster than sound slashes
They clearly were faster considering how far back they ended up exploding in the background of the panel compared to the relatively small distances covered by Atomic Samurai's slashes.
which somehow gave a result three times faster than the beam even though that doesn't seem to be the case?
It didn't just "somehow" get that result. Unless there's an actual issue with the way the building's speed was found, there's no point in bringing it up in the first place.

As for the bolded part, what is that based on exactly? The building clearly travelled a noticeably, but not vastly, larger distance than the beam did within the same timeframe.
And then using Scan 5 as if was Psykos exact field of view
I definitely think that was the intent of the panel. It shows Atomic Samurai and the rest of the heroes behind him reaching Psykos right before they actually hit her, so it would make the most sense that it her field of view.

Is there any actual issue you have with the calc

I definitely think that was the intent of the panel. It shows Atomic Samurai and the rest of the heroes behind him reaching Psykos right before they actually hit her, so it would make the most sense that it her field of view.
Oh no, so you really were using a random shot showing the heroes as a way to calculate the distance between Psykos and the building.

Sorry but I cannot accept such assumption with no proof.

Oh no, so you really were using a random shot showing the heroes as a way to calculate the distance between Psykos and the building.

Sorry but I cannot accept such assumption with no proof.
How is this a random shot showing the heroes when in the page after we see Atomic Samurai continue to move forward and end up hitting Psykos and in the page right before we see Psykos turn her head?

That panel is very much more likely Psykos' field of view than anything else.

I agree with Therefir, I cannot accept it either.

I see nothing suggesting that shot is meant to be her POV.

Well, it seems that was rejected. I replaced the Class P calc for this already accepted Class T calc, since there are three CGMs here it wouldn't hurt to check this one too.

I also found a speed calc for TTM first key but its pretty old

I have issues with that calc, which I explained here.
Also, that calc is funky. Random 2 second timeframe and using 60% hollowness for a building instead of 80%.

Doesn't calculate the distance thrown with actual scaling, just assumes it based on eyeing the visuals.

And gives no reason to divide the joules by 0.874, though I have an idea why.

Don't have time to look at that speed calc but it looks a little iffy as well.

Back