• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Sub-Relativistic Upgrades

In One-Punch Man, most of the characters that are Massively Hypersonic+ scale to, or above Psykojet's Mach 5005 calc. Mach 5005 is only 1.76027972x away from baseline Sub-Rel (Mach 8810.2), and since we now take upscaling case-by-case, this thread's purpose is to take a look at specific scaling chains and decide whether those who upscale massively should be upscaled to Sub-Rel or not.

FIRST SCALING CHAIN:

Watchdog Man >>> Healthy Garou
Healthy Garou > Poisoned Garou
Poisoned Garou ~ Post Superfight Genos
Post Superfight Genos> Post G-4 Genos
Post G-4 Genos >>> (FTE) Fubuki
Fubuki ~ Mach 5005

SECOND SCALING CHAIN:

Homeless Emperor >>> (Blitz) Vomited Fuhrer Ugly
Vomited Fuhrer Ugly ~ Darkshine
Darkshine > Evil Natural Water
Evil Natural Water (reactions) ~< Pre-Awakening Garou
Pre-Awakening Garou ~ Awakening Breath Bang
Awakening Breath Bang > Base Bang
Base Bang >~ Fubuki
Fubuki ~ Mach 5005

THIRD SCALING CHAIN

10 Shadow Burial > 4 Shadow Burial
4 Shadow Burial >>> (FTE) Post G-4 Genos
Fubuki ~ Mach 5005

FOURTH SCALING CHAIN:

Orochi >>> (Blitz) Awakened Cockroach
Orochi >>> (FTE) Post G-4 Genos
Fubuki ~ Mach 5005

PLEASE DO NOT DERAIL.

At least Massively Hypersonic+, likely far higher

I'm here to vouch for watchdog man of course
although now I'm having second thoughts, because subrel is more of a massive lowball for him than anything

Also, what was the reasoning?
It became incredibly circular and non-sensical. With people being able to scale multiple times to themselves depending on where you start.
Fubuki ~ Mach 5005
Why is Blizzard Mach 5005? Because she scales to Rover? Who you know, scales to Bang, Bomb and Half-Monster Garou.

The entire scaling chain is like an Ouroboros. People bleed into each far too often to every get a proper scaling chain as you established above. I'm against the proposed upscaling chains.

Bang, Bomb, and Half-Monser Garou all scale above Rover.
You're missing my point here.

Blizzard gets her speed from Rover, who gets his speed from Bang, Bomb and Half Monster Garou, who are all above G4 Genos yet somehow Blizzard can keep up with him.

Blizzard also gets her speed from Do-S, who gets her speed from Sweet Mask and Iaian, who get their speed from scaling to Dragon Level threats who get their speed from S-Class who get their speed from Psykos who's massively above G4 Genos.

The entire scaling chain just does not work in the way you're speed scaling is suggesting. Blizzard cannot be used as a basis for any chain.

Blizzard also gets her speed from Do-S, who gets her speed from Sweet Mask and Iaian, who get their speed from scaling to Dragon Level threats who get their speed from S-Class who get their speed from Psykos.
Psykos ~ S Class >= Iaian (at most rating) =< Do-S ~ Fubuki. What's the issue here?

Psykos ~ S Class >= Iaian (at most rating) =< Do-S ~ Fubuki. What's the issue here?
Because the scaling chain doesn't end there
  • Psykos ~ S Class >= Iaian (at most rating) =< Do-S ~ Fubuki ~ Amai Mask ~ Rover =< Half Monster Garou > Human Garou > Poisoned Garou ~ Post-Superfight Genos > G4 Genos >FTE to Blizzard
The scaling you're proposing just does not work. Blizzard would need multiple keys like Iaian. The scaling chain breaks with her, Do-S and the A-Class heroes.

Then why not give her multiple keys?
Idk she used to have them and then at some point that was removed.

But as long as she has just one rating your proposal just doesn't work. It becomes recursive and people are upscaling from themselves.

Idk she used to have them and then at some point that was removed.

But as long as she has just one rating your proposal just doesn't work. It becomes recursive and people are upscaling from themselves.
Yeah, I'm all for separating Fubuki into keys, as her fight with Saitama and her fight with Do-S were 21 chapters apart.

BTW, this still doesn't ruing my upscaling chains, as this is still a thing:

Because the scaling chain doesn't end there
  • Psykos ~ S Class >= Iaian (at most rating) =< Do-S ~ Fubuki ~ Amai Mask ~ Rover =< Half Monster Garou > Human Garou > Poisoned Garou ~ Post-Superfight Genos > G4 Genos >FTE to Blizzard
The scaling you're proposing just does not work. Blizzard would need multiple keys like Iaian. The scaling chain breaks with her, Do-S and the A-Class heroes.
Yeap, and we have this aswell

Amai Mask > The Saitama that defeated 10 Shadow Burial Sonic > 10 Shadow Burial Sonic > 4 Shadow Burial Sonic > Genos = Sonic > FTE Fubuki

Which makes this an even bigger mess

I disagree with the upscaling btw, too much of a gap for that

Oh yeah I forgot about that
p_13.png

I mean Amai could become S Class and likely fare better than the likes of PPP and TTM but he chooses to not do so to gatekeep other heroes, mainly the disciples who could also be S Class. Him scaling above an "S Class Saitama" isn't really that crazy...

She's obviously traumatized by Amai. She quite literally stated that Saitama's fighting power is S-Class level, but still put Amai Mask, the man guarding S-Class stronger than him?

She wants to be #1 no matter what, so the two main people stopping her from doing that (Amai and Tatsumaki) seem much stronger to her than they are in reality.

This just nullifies that statement.
Stating he is stronk =/= being traumatized, I dunno how you got that from that page. Literally the whole point of Amai Mask being in the first position on the A Class is to restrict others to reach S Class, he is S Class level. Also, what you said is baseless, Fubuki underestimates herself sometimes, that's okay, but nothing related to that happens with other characters, she is knowledgeable on the hero world and even said it wouldn't be a problem for her to reach the upper A Class, only starting to worry with the disciples and then with Amai Mask (As she says, that "even them" wouldn't be able to reach Rank 1 and go into S Class, which also shows that she is aware of Amai Mask being S Class level) and guess what ? The feats, her words and our scaling are a perfect fit, she is on their level (At most 7-B for all 4 of them, which literally confirms her own estimations) and she is behind Amai Mask. If she is knowledgeable and her words are matched with what we saw, how, I ask, your theory nullifies the statement by literally assuming that her perception of the disciples and Amai Mask is based on a trauma ? That doesn’t make any sense and has far less base then the currently accepted scaling

Last edited:
Yeah Fubuki could use a "Peak" key
I think she already has something like that, it's just not a separate key since that would go against her showings in stamina

As she said herself, she is only able to block one, maybe two attacks from Rover, we shouldn't create a key for a moment, or a "peak" that is this short

She's obviously traumatized by Amai. She quite literally stated that Saitama's fighting power is S-Class level, but still put Amai Mask, the man guarding S-Class stronger than him?

She wants to be #1 no matter what, so the two main people stopping her from doing that (Amai and Tatsumaki) seem much stronger to her than they are in reality.

This just nullifies that statement.
She's calling sonic s class level in that scan not Saitama.

As she said herself, she is only able to block one, maybe two attacks from Rover, we shouldn't create a key for a moment, or a "peak" that is this short
Something like X, up to Low 7-B that basically no one scales to then?

Even then unless we downgrade her speed Blizzard harpoons any speed scaling in the verse.

Back